Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

That sounds fine with me.  We might also need to have the ship modified since I doubt we will find a Mass Conveyer that opens up like we want.  Also, are we playing with any house rules I should know about?

Edit:  Since void mentioned it, are we going to be at footfall long enough to get a roll to upgrade either of the ships?

The lessons will more than likely be in game, we have no insight as to who will be there or what the items are going for. counting it will be a silent auction you will not be able to report back or receive. You could ask RuneBlade since he seems to really covet the Eldar data crystal. The Mass Conveyor might be safer to buy due to the fact that we can hand pick the officers from our own ranks to prevent security leaks. Also it will serve as a nice mobile base later on. We might also want to make some friends with the merchant house or something to get at least some small form of financial backing that will be easy to pay off if things go wrong.

With an auction it is not a barter stand, people bid thrones on the item base on the starting bid and incremented upward based on how the other bidders either personally value or the actual value of the item. The person that bids the most wins the item as long as their able to pay for it.

I'm not sure, that would be up to Asajev Timeless

I am just worried about trying to afford a mass conveyer, and if one is even available, how long it will take to make it to the expanse.  Still, we will not know anything until we go and find out.

Well since we only have two ships and no idea how big the asteroid that holds our prize is, we need a large ship with properly trained salvage crews. Don't be to worried about procuring one, we will be combining profit factor for the attempt and maybe a little help from our commerce skill. Don't forget that we can give each other a 10% bonus to skill checks. Also we are technically in the expanse, we are at the very edge of it. Also we will be having an Explorator joining the group, it would be wise to have both of us there to see wich ship he chooses. I do believe that he might serve a better purpose on The Eternal due to it's average crew rating and low quality components, not to mention that i have roughly 3 NPC on my ship( Drey, Graf and Virel).

I can tell you honestly that having a Grand Cruiser though it may lie in ruin, will once again rise from those ashes and serve once more in the name of the Emperor and our Dynasties. That is why it might be fitting to rename the vessel In honor of this. May the Phoenix Lead us to glory and renown across the Expanse.

If you have a more fitting name for the ship, Please post. I know i'm getting ahead of our current condition but we all need something to strive toward to make the trip seem worth it. As Rogue Traders we are the embodiment of Ambition.

I am always up for having more crew on my ship.  As for the name, I actually think that is a great name and completely support it.  While we are looking for the ship, I plan to ask if they have any sharks available.  I still have launch bay space open and sharks are the least expensive attack craft I can fill them with.

Having some spare assault boats might be handy. Though I thought that you wanted real sharks, If you planned on being a slightly evil RT. It's almost a stereotypical thought for an Evil genius to have a large aquarium full of sharks. Enough of that, is there anything else you would like to do on Foot Fall while we are there, or do we want to finish up and head out. we don't really have to take more endeavors, just get our baring and see what opportunities await. Might want to start laying the ground work for our new empire. And of course look into those favors we still owe to RuneBlade. your project looks like the simpler one Timeless, mine is the hard one. Will require extensive planning and luck to pull off. Maybe Virel can whip up a cargo container full of those special murder servitors, Death in a Box.

Murder Servitors would be nice, but I don't have any extra space on the ship right now.  So maybe in the future when I am able to get those landing bays up to normal quality.  I think we should try to finish up our business on footfall soon and head out.  Several of the party members seem to want to go find some action, and since I can't image looking for this grand cruiser to be safe, I think that might be a good way to go.

yea, Asajev was fighting with his connection last night. anyway, what was touched upon last night was the whole sanctioning of the Ork, the auction interaction test, and procuring a mass conveyor. We came to the conclusion the the services to sanction the ork on footfall would not be reliable, nor do we have the proper influence to do it our selves. We will have to wait until we get back to Port wander to find an administrator that can make the sanctioning official. The auction will be handled by Thor, after all he is trying to acquire his gun. was hoping that either Timeless or I could give him some proper etiquette lessens to avoid out right making a fool of him self. As far as he mass conveyor is concerned Timeless and I can handle that. Might need to acquire a skilled salvage crew and possible modifications to fit the intended purpose.  For a command crew, i recommend drawing officers from our own ranks to prevent security leaks.

Void_onion213 said:

yea, Asajev was fighting with his connection last night. anyway, what was touched upon last night was the whole sanctioning of the Ork, the auction interaction test, and procuring a mass conveyor. We came to the conclusion the the services to sanction the ork on footfall would not be reliable, nor do we have the proper influence to do it our selves. We will have to wait until we get back to Port wander to find an administrator that can make the sanctioning official. The auction will be handled by Thor, after all he is trying to acquire his gun. was hoping that either Timeless or I could give him some proper etiquette lessens to avoid out right making a fool of him self. As far as he mass conveyor is concerned Timeless and I can handle that. Might need to acquire a skilled salvage crew and possible modifications to fit the intended purpose.  For a command crew, i recommend drawing officers from our own ranks to prevent security leaks.

Could timeless or/and you be on vent today around 21 PM GMT so we can talk about the auction interaction test,please?

Otherwise could you please provide some details about the auction interaction test? Thank you.

Aww, you missed me by about 5 minutes, but I wasn't able to get on anyways. Luckily a neighbour is a network engineer with a 55 mb/s connection and a 254 connection wireless hub, so I'll be able to use my laptop in my room instead of in my basement with the tv and my father, so i can be on far more and consistently on saturday evenings (at last!).

Well tomorrow I work all day, probably till 3:30 ish, then I'll be coming home and getting on vent, albeit with a great many afk's as I sort out dinner and whatnot before play begins.

Hi guys this is the current plan, I will be online around the schedule time for the game most likely depending if my family does not choose to set up stuff for fathers day were I need to be in attendance. When you can please drop a message here letting me know if you are attending. This is a note for all that have submitted a character to my game so please respond. The estimated game start time is 7 PM CST (-6 GMT). Until the time I will be coming in and out of Vent and just letting you know the game might be a bit rough since my internet connection is highly unstable just for your information hope to see you later tonight.

Asajev said:

Hi guys this is the current plan, I will be online around the schedule time for the game most likely depending if my family does not choose to set up stuff for fathers day were I need to be in attendance. When you can please drop a message here letting me know if you are attending. This is a note for all that have submitted a character to my game so please respond. The estimated game start time is 7 PM CST (-6 GMT). Until the time I will be coming in and out of Vent and just letting you know the game might be a bit rough since my internet connection is highly unstable just for your information hope to see you later tonight.

I will join.