Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

Going privateer looks appealing, but it some work conflicts with some mental calling for an all rounder character. Even thought the skills i will be getting from privateer are unique and will benefit the pirate hunting trade, i will be missing out on the other rank 2 skills. . Just need to install a harness rig in the Gun Cutter so that Thor can fire from the door with his cannon. 

Anyway Thor, how goes you character bio happy.gif

Void_onion213 said:

Going privateer looks appealing, but it some work conflicts with some mental calling for an all rounder character. Even thought the skills i will be getting from privateer are unique and will benefit the pirate hunting trade, i will be missing out on the other rank 2 skills. . Just need to install a harness rig in the Gun Cutter so that Thor can fire from the door with his cannon. 

Anyway Thor, how goes you character bio happy.gif

So are you going to take the Calix Privateer career? 

Bio will be finished on Thursday.

I am going to be taking it, besides it has dual weapon wielder( melee ) at 200 xp, i would normally have to pay 500, and 2 peer skills and 100 points each, as well as judgment( can't get that skill) as well as Blood tracker. I can get Hard Bargain at rank 7, but why wait happy.gif. As long as the other rogue trader can cover the gaps. i will be going Privateer. well, as long as my arch militant has no issues with it.

Void_onion213 said:

I am going to be taking it, besides it has dual weapon wielder( melee ) at 200 xp, i would normally have to pay 500, and 2 peer skills and 100 points each, as well as judgment( can't get that skill) as well as Blood tracker. I can get Hard Bargain at rank 7, but why wait happy.gif. As long as the other rogue trader can cover the gaps. i will be going Privateer. well, as long as my arch militant has no issues with it.

I have issues with pirates not privateers. Or in the 40k there are one and the same?

I will probably not take blood tracker (too expensive-500 xp).

Asajev will tell us when we get xp, by the way i changed out blood tracker for nerves of steel and ciphers( underworld) figured that those to skills would have a better functionality since the Arch-militant can take the same skill at rank 2.

So Timeless, any big secret ambitions that you have planned for your RT?

Basic call out to the party. Just taking a roll call on who is going to be at the next session. For the new players feel free to post to update the rest of us on your character developments. Have a pleasant week happy.gif

I plan to be at the next session.  As for a secret ambition I am still working on that, but I should post something soon.

Also, a link to my ship can be found here.  Let me know if I missed something.

Alright, I'm logged onto Vent now, just networked my laptop onto my main internet router. It'll have to do until I get a wireless router. I do want to try chatting sometime before the game, just to make sure I have all my settings right.

Hey, just leaving a post. I just need a time from Asajev to run through my characters sequence of events. Trying to get it out of the way so that the party can get into the action quicker. As far as I know the game is still this Saturday, Though our GM wants to gather us at some time to pick a day of the week that would work for everyone. we might have a double session this weekend but I'm not sure on that. The two rogue traders are going to try to wrap things up in Foot Fall to get on with the main endeavor.

If you have any questions or just up for a chat, just leave a post with your current time and i will try to meet up with you on vent.

Good news everyone, I got through the interaction test with the free captains. Though it ended with more of a mutual understanding and possible future favors with a touch of cryptic message from Godwin. It isn't that i blew it, i had a total of 9 degrees of success across all 3 rolls of the interaction mini game. I just feel a little under whelmed. It's like playing a carnival game, doing exceptionally well and only getting a small inflatable hammer. Asajev runs a great game, i just wonder when I'm supposed to start gaining any ships from successful boarding actions or profit factor. I'm having a great time other wisehappy.gif

Void_onion213 said:

Good news everyone, I got through the interaction test with the free captains. Though it ended with more of a mutual understanding and possible future favors with a touch of cryptic message from Godwin. It isn't that i blew it, i had a total of 9 degrees of success across all 3 rolls of the interaction mini game. I just feel a little under whelmed. It's like playing a carnival game, doing exceptionally well and only getting a small inflatable hammer. Asajev runs a great game, i just wonder when I'm supposed to start gaining any ships from successful boarding actions or profit factor. I'm having a great time other wisehappy.gif

Did you all had another session?

nope, it was just a quick thing to get at least an half hour of me talking out of the next session. I guess i did better than i gave my self credit for, I sometimes set my goals a little to hight. But any way the nice free captains offered there services in the form of potential small favors and we now have additional information on Godwin. So yes, thing when way better than expected. Also through close debate I decided to sanction the ork my self if you would can to be the witness Thor, counting that you two have worked together.

I also think that since it is your gun at stake, you should be the one that goes to the auction. Either Holt or Tiberius can give you some short but useful etiquette lessons on interacting with high society. So you can have fun with that while Tiberius and I go looking for a Mass Conveyor. I suppose trying to add new ships to the fleet to rapidly would seriously hinder My Rogue Trader house. O well, guess I'll upgrade my current ship instead.

I think we are still meeting on Saturday, so  I will see you all there. happy.gif

Void_onion213 said:

nope, it was just a quick thing to get at least an half hour of me talking out of the next session. I guess i did better than i gave my self credit for, I sometimes set my goals a little to hight. But any way the nice free captains offered there services in the form of potential small favors and we now have additional information on Godwin. So yes, thing when way better than expected. Also through close debate I decided to sanction the ork my self if you would can to be the witness Thor, counting that you two have worked together.

I also think that since it is your gun at stake, you should be the one that goes to the auction. Either Holt or Tiberius can give you some short but useful etiquette lessons on interacting with high society. So you can have fun with that while Tiberius and I go looking for a Mass Conveyor. I suppose trying to add new ships to the fleet to rapidly would seriously hinder My Rogue Trader house. O well, guess I'll upgrade my current ship instead.

I think we are still meeting on Saturday, so  I will see you all there. happy.gif

I will go at the auction and be your witness for the sactioning of the ork. 

Ok what should I give at the auction for the eldar stone? Do we have any insight of the auction and a comparative what items the other auction players will give?

Can I go in carapace armour(that I have the heraldy for )? 

About the  etiquette lessons that would be the pregame discution or those lesson will happen durring the game?

As for mass conveyer we will not buy it but rent it.