Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

Hi guys I will be a little bit late to our game, I am picking up a new computer system out of town so I might be a bit late wait for me in vent.

Pride gives you a Heirloom item.  That is how I got one for the Seneschal as well.  The Rogue Trader got one from New horizons.  If you think the Rosarius is better I will change to that, but I will only have a chain sword for a melee weapon at that point.  I have never made a Missionary before so I was a little unsure on what I should be trying to do.  I ended up trying to make a crusader type character who knows how to lead troops.

I need to run to the store and buy a new mic, but after that I will get on.  So be back in a 15 to 30 mins.

Timeless12 said:

Pride gives you a Heirloom item.  That is how I got one for the Seneschal as well.  The Rogue Trader got one from New horizons.  If you think the Rosarius is better I will change to that, but I will only have a chain sword for a melee weapon at that point.  I have never made a Missionary before so I was a little unsure on what I should be trying to do.  I ended up trying to make a crusader type character who knows how to lead troops.

I need to run to the store and buy a new mic, but after that I will get on.  So be back in a 15 to 30 mins.

The force field gives you an AP of 50. From a d100 roll you have to roll under 51 to get no damage and over 10 to not have your force field overload. So it is basicly a extra armor with an AP of 50.

Missionary is the lore guy,healer guy,flammer guy, the guy with the cool faith powers. 

You can have your good quality thunder hammer as acquisition roll of +0 instead of a supression shield that I believe is a useless acquisition.

Void_onion213 said:

Really, and all i got as an acquisition was a good quality bolt pistol.

Yes the good quality thunder hammer must have an acquisition roll of +0 or highter to qualify as a free acquisition. Only items with acquisitions rolls of  +0 or highter qualify as a free acquisition.

Void_onion213 said:

you can come on vent now Thor, Timeless is on.

Well I am on but I am having problems getting my mic to work.  Is there anything special you need to do to set it up?

We had a very interesting game last session. It is a shame that Cromwell can't make it. I hope that the Explorator and astropath will come. The next 2 sessions will likely cover a lot of role playing and use of investigative and common knowledge skills. Either way it is bound to be fun and an endless source of enjoyment.

Void_onion213 said:

We had a very interesting game last session. It is a shame that Cromwell can't make it. I hope that the Explorator and astropath will come. The next 2 sessions will likely cover a lot of role playing and use of investigative and common knowledge skills. Either way it is bound to be fun and an endless source of enjoyment.

Actually, I was there for the game; I was Cromwell

Right Asajev, i planned out my xp purchases for privateer. All i need now is a fitting patron, and no it's now going to be RuneBlade( price is to high at the moment). If navy doesn't work out i will be taking peer nobility.

Void_onion213 said:

Right Asajev, i planned out my xp purchases for privateer. All i need now is a fitting patron, and no it's now going to be RuneBlade( price is to high at the moment). If navy doesn't work out i will be taking peer nobility.

Could you post some stats?

Sure thing. This is my purchase plan thus far. should total out to around 3000 xp

• Perception- simple 250xp
• Scholastic lore(Imperial warrants) 100xp
• Hard Bargin500 xp
• Bloodtracker 500 xp
• two weapon wielder (melee) 200xp
• Command +10 400 xp
• Forbidden lore( pirate) x2 400 xp
• Scholastic lore ( judgment) 200 xp
• Peer( underworld) 100xp
• Peer ( nobility) 100xp
• Deceive 200xp
• Intelligence- simple 100xp

I managed to squeeze intelligence in there because i was 50xp under lthe level up requirement. It should work out fine, managed to get the key skills and talents that would have the highest impact on functionality without compromising the rest of my career class. as an example i needed to take command +10 if i wanted to have the + 20 later on. With deceive my social interaction capabilities are more robust and the Lore skills will aid future investigation attempts. I added two weapon wielder due to the fact that my weapon skill is cheaper and at some point I'm aiming for an arm mounted storm bolter or the like. Besides, i only suffer the penalties if i try to use the ranged weapon in the same action. 

The fun skills start showing up at around rank 4. mostly drive hover/skimmers, speak Eldar and tech use. And yes i am aspiring to own an Eldar Grav vehicles, thinking of either a viper or Falcon. I might Have some ambitions to my own small star Dynasty, Maybe trade with xenos. I might originally from the Imperial Navy, but that doesn't mean i have my own agent in the expanse. I wouldn't be a Rogue Trader other wise. 

I would like to hear about the lofty goals, dreams, Heretical thoughts? from the rest of the party. these may not reflect or actions in game for the time being but they make our efforts seem worth the risk of the expanse.

Void_onion213 said:

Sure thing. This is my purchase plan thus far.

• Perception-simple 250xp

• Scholastic lore(Imperial warrants) 100xp

• Hard Bargin500 xp

• Bloodtracker 500 xp

• two weapon wielder (melee) 200xp

• Command +10 400 xp

You have read the privateer condition especialy the one that reffers to possesing a renown warrant talent.

Braddoc said:

What does Hard Bargain does?

+1 to PF for each adventure.

EDIT 

For the archmilitant level 2(a BS archmillitant) what talents do any of the other players recommend.

I would recommend to you Thor for level 1 where you currently are

• common lore ( imperial guard)
  • Guardian
  • Ambidextrous
  • Literacy
  • Quick draw
  • Medicae
  •  bloodtracker
  • awareness

That is just level 1, if you have xp left to spend to level up, spend it on characteristics

There are a few in rank 2 that might be worth while

• Tracking
  • Rapid reload
  • takedown
  • combat formation
  • flame weapon (universal)

The rest of the remaining skill increase options are open to you to increase your lore, tactical knowledge, and doge and awareness improvements. Not sure if you will go two weapon wielder ( Ballistic) given that you seem to favor heavy weapons

Void_onion213 said:

I would recommend to you Thor for level 1 where you currently are

• common lore ( imperial guard)
  • Guardian
  • Ambidextrous
  • Literacy
  • Quick draw
  • Medicae
  •  bloodtracker
  • awareness

That is just level 1, if you have xp left to spend to level up, spend it on characteristics

There are a few in rank 2 that might be worth while

• Tracking
  • Rapid reload
  • takedown
  • combat formation
  • flame weapon (universal)

The rest of the remaining skill increase options are open to you to increase your lore, tactical knowledge, and doge and awareness improvements. Not sure if you will go two weapon wielder ( Ballistic) given that you seem to favor heavy weapons

Medicae,awareness already have. 

bloodtracker is about bounties and it costs 500 xp.(expensive).

What about common lore war?

For level 2 what about True Grit,Catfall,Leap Up,Sound Constitution? I will not take two weapon wielder (BS).I will use either the one heavy weapon or BS close combat weapon(like digital weapons) and a normal weapon(helgun,flammer,or grenade launcher).