Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

Void_onion213 said:

your still rank one, you won't hit rank 2 until you have spent 7k xp. currently I'm at 6500 but i'm not rank 2 yet. If you have run out of skills and talents to buy, start increasing you characteristics.

How did you get to 6500 xp? I only know of one xp bonus of 500 xp.

Timeless12 said:

By any chance do you have a slot open?  I am interested in joining, but I have never played a game like this online.

You can join.  We meet on ventrilo using the connection asajev(our GM) provieded the last page.

You must display your character profile , starting equipment ,free acquisition( anything with the modifier +0 and up).

We have a rogue trader(void),archmillitant (me),astropath(alectai),void master(braddoc),explorator(BangBangTequila), senechal(asajev I believe more likely used as a plot device). So if you desire play a navigator,missionary or senechal it will be most helpful for the group.

We normally gather 2 hours before the game starts and the game starts at 6-7 PM CST or -6 GMT(12 GMT Saturday -1 Sunday GMT).

Void_onion213 said:

I think we talked about this Thor, my character was originally part of another game.  So he technically came with 1000xp already earned plus the 500 from last session.

Ok. Do you have the skill that add +10 to other player roll?

Void does the ship has access to dum-dum round(scarce ),spitfire shells(scarce),hyper-density penetrators(rare),bleeder rounds(rare),organgrinder rounds(extreamly rare),snare rounds(rare),amputator rounds(extreamly rare)?

I was looking through the thread and I noticed that at one time you had two rogue traders.  This is a character I used for a one shot game.  It was suppose to be longer but the GM was unable to continue doing the campaign after the first game.  Let me know what you think, and I will also post the Missionary and Seneschal I wrote up as soon as I have them typed.  Lastly, I appolgize for any spelling or grammar errors as I did not have enough time to properly check it.  I added the Seneschal to the bottom of the post.

Tiberius Romfel, Rogue Trader, Rank 1

Origin Path
Child of Dynasty
Vaunted
New Horizon(Archeotechrologist) 250xp
Lost World(Rogue Plant) 200xp
Prestige

Stat Line:
WS: 41 BS: 38 S:36 T:40 Ag: 39 Int: 51 Pep: 33 Will: 36 Fel: 53

Wounds: 13 Fate Points: 3 Corruption: 1 Insanity: 6

Trained Skills:
Charm, Command, Commerce, Common Lore(Imperium), Evaluate, Forbidden Lore (Archeotech), Literacy+10, Scholastic Lore( Astromancy),Speak Language(High Gothic+10, Low Gothic),Tech-use

Talents:
Air of Authority, Decadence, Enemy(I will leave it up to the GM), Honour Amongst One's Peers, Melee Weapon Training (Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal),Talented(Command)

Gear:
Best-craftsmanship enforcer light carapace, Common-Craftsmanship Plasma pistol, Common-Craftsmanship Power Sword, Micro-bead, set of fine clothing, void Suit, xeno-pelt cloak

Heirloom Item: Ancestral Seal
Free Acquisition: Good Craftsmanship Cortex Implant

Description:
Tiberius appears to be a tall man with above average build, blue eyes and light brown almost blonde hair in his mid-twenties. Although he prefers more practical clothing ,he typically is dressed in formal attire in the colors of his dynasty.

Background:
Tiberius was born as the first child of his generation, and as such become the hair apparent for his dynasty. As soon as he grew of age he left to accompany his father on his expeditions into the void. Although tutored all his life in a manner befitting someone of his position it was not until he left to accompany his father did he begin to learn the more practical skill he would need to succeed in future. He learned many things from his farther including how to defend himself, and how to properly command others. During this time he also developed a understanding of machines and a appreciation archeotech.
Things were going well for Tiberius or so he though until they came across a rogue planet deep within the Expanse. While investigating the planet they found they discovered a large number of wrecked starships across its surface some xeno's in origin and others imperial, many of them still with their cargo holds filled. The prize of the lot that we were able to investigate was Chalice Class Battlecruiser. Although she had sustained much damage in crashing to the surface, if she could be lifted to space it seemed possible that she could fly once again. While preparations were made for this I investigated it's cogitator to try and determine the ship's origin but all the data was missing further adding to my surprise all the chrono's seemed to be missing or destroyed.
After the ship was raised and minor repairs where done, the ship was cleared by our Enginseer Prime as Warp Worthy. I was then tasked by my father to bring her back to port for proper refitting and repair. He then handed me our families ancestral seal and said this would be my first duty as his fully recognized heir. He planned to stay behind and do some more investigating of the planet before setting off to meet me. Although I had some misgivings about this plan I accepted it, and left for port. This would be the last time I would see my father.
After arriving work began on the vessel, but progress was slow far slower than I had predicted. Several months passed and I began to have astropathic messages sent to find out what happened but all went unanswered. Finally, a single ship of my father's follita was found adrift and badly damaged with nearly all its records corrupted. I single record detailing the follita being ambushed by a unknown xenos ship. The other ships according to the record where heavily damaged with their warp drives disabled in the ambush with this one barely making it to warp, but due to damage was unable to get very far. It was determined that my father would not have survived given the record and the Warrant of Trade was passed to me.

History of the Dynasty:
Warrant Age: Age of Rebirth
Fortune & Fate: Fallen From Grace
Acquisition : Reward
Sanction: Age of Plunder
Warrant Renown: Famous.
Ship points : 70(+3) = 73 . Profit factor: 22 =22

The Eternal
Hull: Battlecruiser
Class: Modified Chalice-Class Battlecruiser
Dimensions: 5.1 km long, 0.8 km abeam at fins approx
Mass: 29 Megatonnes
Crew: 98,200
Accel: 3.4 gravities max sustainable acceleration normally

Speed: 6(can be up to 11) Maneuverability: +10 Detection: +21
Void Shields: 2 Armour: 19 Hull Integrity: 70
Morale: 87 Crew Population: 100 Crew: Competent (30)
Turret Rating: 2 Power: 94 (83 used including Conversion Matrix) Space: 75(75 used)

Essential Components
Saturine-pattern 4A Drive , Miloslav H-616.b Warp Engine, Poor Qaulity, Warpsbane Hull, Flight Command Bridge, M-1.r Life Sustainer, Pressed Crew Quarters, M-201.b Auger Array

Supplemental Components
Small Craft Repair Bay, Compartmentalized Cargo Hold, Energistic Conversion Matrix

Armament and Ordnance
Prow and Dorsal Sunsear Laser Battery(Strength 4, Damage 1d10 +2, Crit 4, Range: 9)
Port(x2) and Starport(x2): Poor Quality Lathe-pattern Landing Bay: (Landing Bay, Strength 2)

Special Rules
Blasphemous Tendencies, Haunted

I would really like to get command. Is there any skill you would let me trade out for it?

Tiberius Romfel, Seneschal, Rank 1

Battlefleet
Child of Creed
Favored of the Faithful
Lost Dynasty (400xp)
Pride
Prestige

Stat Line:
WS: 35 BS: 42 S:36 T:40 Ag: 39 Int: 43 Pep: 31 Will: 43 Fel: 56

Wounds: 11 Fate Points: 5 Corruption: 0 Insanity: 0

Trained Skills:
Barter, Commerce, Common Lore(Imperial Navy, Underworld), Deceive, Evaluate, Forbidden Lore(Archeotech), Inquiry, Literacy, Speak Language(Battlefleet War Cant, Low Gothic, Trader's Cant)

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training(Universal), Officer on Deck, Peer(Ecclesiarchy), Pistol Weapon Training(Universal), Ship-Bound Fighter, Unshakeable Faith, Void Accustomed

Gear:
Common-Craftsmanship boltgun, Best-Craftsmanship hellpistol. Xeno-mesh armour. Autoquill, dataslate, micro-bead, multikey, two sets of robes, synskin, chrono, cameleoline cloak

Heirloom Item: Ancestral Seal
Free Acquisition: Organgrinder Bolt Rounds

Description:
Tiberius appears to be a tall man with above average build, blue eyes and light brown almost blonde hair in his mid-twenties. Although he prefers more practical clothing ,he typically is dressed in formal attire in the colors of his dynasty.

looks rather interesting. Largest ship in the fleet so far is my firestorm class frigate. The ship looks alright but somewhat under powered. Character looks good too, By the way what dynasty are you from. Anyway if Asajev accepts your character you will make a nice addition to our collective.

It is a bit underpowered because I had to make comprises to get the ship points to work but that just means it is a project to get it up to full potential.  Also thanks about the character.  I added a Seneschal to the bottom on the post if the GM does not want two Rogue Traders, and will post a Missionary as soon as I have it typed.  Please let me know what you think of each and which you think would be the most helpful.  I had planed to be from my own dynasty, but this can always be changed to help fit the game.

The best ship in the battlecruiser hull class is the overlord. Anything else and you are better with a tyrant cruiser. Do you have a total of SP for your ship.

Another problem for the Senechal is that we probably have organgrinder rounds(1-2 magazines) so you probably is better to spend your free acquisition to get a better gun,armor(power armor), or item to improve your trade and acquisition skills.  

Timeless12 said:

It is a bit underpowered because I had to make comprises to get the ship points to work but that just means it is a project to get it up to full potential.  Also thanks about the character.  I added a Seneschal to the bottom on the post if the GM does not want two Rogue Traders, and will post a Missionary as soon as I have it typed.  Please let me know what you think of each and which you think would be the most helpful.  I had planed to be from my own dynasty, but this can always be changed to help fit the game.

We already have 2 rogue traders. With you it will be 3.

As for battlecruiser hulls I like the Chalice over the Overlord although I can see why most would like the overlord.  The SP cost comes out to 73, and I was not aware you have two rogue traders my apologizes.  As for the organgridner Bolt rounds, is that something special that the GM has done as I am under the impression that you would have to buy those to have them?

Timeless12 said:

As for battlecruiser hulls I like the Chalice over the Overlord although I can see why most would like the overlord.  The SP cost comes out to 73, and I was not aware you have two rogue traders my apologizes.  As for the organgridner Bolt rounds, is that something special rule that the GM has done as I am under the impression that you would have to buy those to have them?

I talk with void that is one of the rogue trader and he said that anything that you can get for a free acquisition for ammo you can get for free from the armory. The organgrinder rounds will not be plentiful but will be 2-3 magazines per session. So it will saved for special enemies.

The tyrant class cruiser that is much better than the chalice class battlecruiser has a space of 77 instead of 75 ,better armor(20 instead of 19) the same speed (with wrested from the space hulk ship history), the same hull and the same ship SP cost. What the chalice has a dorsal gun that you will not have the space or the power to equip it at a good level. So the battlecruiser is not worth it.

Lets just say I disagree with you about the ship.  We are only taking about 2 space and 1 point of armor in exchange for 1 dorsal mount and one point of speed.  I just like the Chalice over the tyrant.  I also like the Dictator over the Tyrant as well so this is just a matter of preference.  As for the ammo the way it reads at least to me on pg 273 of the core rule book, it makes it sound like you have to buy special ammo.  As far as I can tell free item are ones with average availability or more.  Still I am new, and the GM may have decided on something completely different.

The thing is we Had 2 Rogue traders to start with but the other was a now show so we only have 1. It also looks like i might have the highest profit factor in the party (30). anyway, Thor is our Arch-militant and gun bunny, one of our players is switching from an ork to a void-master. and we will be joined by an astropath. The Explorator will not be able to make it tonight. Also I just wanted to know the name of your Dynasty. 

Timeless12 said:

Lets just say I disagree with you about the ship.  We are only taking about 2 space and 1 point of armor in exchange for 1 dorsal mount and one point of speed.  I just like the Chalice over the tyrant.  I also like the Dictator over the Tyrant as well so this is just a matter of preference.  As for the ammo the way it reads at least to me on pg 273 of the core rule book, it makes it sound like you have to buy special ammo.  As far as I can tell free item are ones with average availability or more.  Still I am new, and the GM may have decided on something completely different.

We have decided(GM,us players) that the items above extreammly rare and above can be given for free within reason(no power armor,power swords,force fields just normal armor like carapace armor,weapons,and ammo). The acquisition tests for your ammo is -30 +30(few items 1-2)=+0. I wanted to use special bullets because last session i didn't do any damage and wanted to upgrade the damage my heavy stubber does. So I asked about, among other things , organgrinder rounds magazine if I can get some. And the answer was yes 1-2 magazines.

EDIT

What does the Ancestral Seal do?

Wow that is really nice of him.  Anyway, sorry for misunderstanding what you meant, and thank you for clarifying.  I will make that change if you all decided that is the best choice.  As for the missionary here he is.

Tiberius Romfel, Missionary/Drusian Adherent, Rank 1

Battlefleet
Born to lead(200xp)
Xenos Hunter(200xp)
Rivals(100xp)
Pride

Stat Line:
WS: 48 BS: 36 S:41 T:40 Ag: 39 Int: 38 Pep: 31 Will: 44 Fel: 54

Wounds: 13 Fate Points: 4 Corruption: 0 Insanity: 0

Trained Skills:
Command, Common Lore(Imperial Creed, Imperial Navy, Imperium),Forbidden Lore(Heresy), Leap Up, Literacy, Medicae, Peer(Drusian Adherent), Pilot (Space Craft), Rival(GM choice), Scholastic Lore(Imperial Creed, Tactica Imperialis), Speak Language(Battlefleet War Cant, High Gothic, Low Gothic), Tracking

Talents:
Void-Accustomed, Ship-Bound Fighter, Officer on Deck, Basic Weapon Training(Universal), Melee Weapon Training(Universal), Pure Faith, Unshakeable Faith

Gear:
Good-Craftsmanship chainsword, good-Craftsmanship flamer, Best-Craftsmanship guard flak armour, Ecclesiarchal robes, Aquila pendant, sepulchre, censer and incense, micro-bread

Heirloom Item: Saint-blessed Carapace Armour
Free Acquisition(+0 Acquisition): Good-craftsmanship Thunder Hammer

Free Acquisition if possible: Suppression Shield

Timeless12 said:

Wow that is really nice of him.  Anyway, sorry for misunderstanding what you meant, and thank you for clarifying.  I will make that change if you all decided that is the best choice.  As for the missionary here he is.

Tiberius Romfel, Missionary/Drusian Adherent, Rank 1

Battlefleet
Born to lead(200xp)
Xenos Hunter(200xp)
Rivals(100xp)
Pride

Stat Line:
WS: 48 BS: 36 S:41 T:40 Ag: 39 Int: 38 Pep: 31 Will: 44 Fel: 54

Wounds: 13 Fate Points: 4 Corruption: 0 Insanity: 0

Trained Skills:
Command, Common Lore(Imperial Creed, Imperial Navy, Imperium),Forbidden Lore(Heresy), Leap Up, Literacy, Medicae, Peer(Drusian Adherent), Pilot (Space Craft), Rival(GM choice), Scholastic Lore(Imperial Creed, Tactica Imperialis), Speak Language(Battlefleet War Cant, High Gothic, Low Gothic), Tracking

Talents:
Void-Accustomed, Ship-Bound Fighter, Officer on Deck, Basic Weapon Training(Universal), Melee Weapon Training(Universal), Pure Faith, Unshakeable Faith

Gear:
Good-Craftsmanship chainsword, good-Craftsmanship flamer, Best-Craftsmanship guard flak armour, Ecclesiarchal robes, Aquila pendant, sepulchre, censer and incense, micro-bread

Heirloom Item: Saint-blessed Carapace Armour
Free Acquisition(+0 Acquisition): Good-craftsmanship Thunder Hammer

Free Acquisition if possible: Suppression Shield

Go for the acquisition for a Rosarius Force Field. It has an 50AP  and is just in your character(an item suited for missionary and religion based characters).

What path did you choose to get a heirloom item?

EDIT

Oh goody you will be likely to make some of our armor and weapons holly.

looks good. At least your missionary and my Rogue trader have the same home world. though i must wonder how you got your fellowship so high. I have it at the same level but i rolled a 20 for the stat, bought the first tier upgrade and had the bonus for the battle fleet home world.