Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

Alectai said:

Astropath Transcendent Mirala Alesia

-- Soft Spoken Communicatior --

Origin Path:
Imperial World: Born to pilgrims on a journey through the Imperium of Man, raised in the light of the Emperor long before her higher calling became apparent[

+3 Wp, -5 to Forbidden Lore Tests, Common Lores (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War) are Basic Skills, Literacy, Speak Language (High Gothic) are Basic Skills.

In Service to the Throne: Discovered as a Psyker at an early age, Mirala was quickly Tithed to the Black Ships.  This happened to happen during a fairly sensitive time in her growth, admittedly--though to her credit, she was deemed strong enough to be useful to the Imperium as something beyond a sacrifice.

-350 XP, Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica), Literacy, +3 WP

Renegade: The problem, however, is that while you may be deemed strong and useful--being shunted into terrible conditions filled with others bearing Psychic Potential before your age of majority never really ends well.  Though sweet natured enough to maintain most of it even through the enormous degree of re-education the Imperium engages in, Mirala is still too much of a Free-Thinker for the Ecclesiarchy's liking.  Though admittedly, just being a Psyker tends to cause problems in that department.

+3 Intelligence, -3 Willpower, Enemy (Ecclesiarchy) Talent

Press-Ganged: So, when much of your formative years have been spent being shunted from ship to ship, transmitting messages across the Imperium as little more then living equipment, it tends to cause some minor problems throughout.  When the opportunity came to sign on with a Rogue Trader's vessel however--one of the Peers of the Imperium, who are not bound to the same ironclad laws that the rest of it's people are--she was quick to exploit the chance.

1 additional Skill.  +1 Common Lore

Endurance: A life full of adventure is a life full of tragedy for the most part.  A Psyker of growing power and control, with an iron-will to weather even the most ferocious of storms, Mirala has no intention of allowing the grim, darkness of the Fourty First Millenium destroy her.

+1 Wound

-----------------------------------------------

WS: 42
BS: 37
S: 34
T: 36
Ag: 30
Int: 41
Per: 31
WP: 52*
Fel: 33

Wounds: 8
Fate Points: 3

Skills

Basic
Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War) (Int)

Trained
Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica) +10 (Int)
Literacy (Int)
Awareness (Per)
Forbidden Lore (Psykers) (Int)
Invocation (WP)
Psyniscience (Per)
Scholastic Lore (Cryptology) (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic) (Int)

Talents
Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal) 
Heightened Senses (Sound)
Psy Rating 2

Psychic Information
Psy Rating: 2
Psychic Techniques:
Telepathy Discipline:
Astral Telepathy, Mind's Eye, Mind Link

Equipment: 
Best-Craftsmanship Laspistol
Common-Craftsmanship Shock Staff
Guard Flak Armour
Charm
Void Suit
Micro-bead
Psy-Focus

Experience:
350 (Tithed Origin Path)
100 (Basic Willpower Advance)

450/500

Post the free acquisition(anything with bonus +0 and up). We have carapace armor that we can give you.

Asajev said:

Alectai your character has been approved, if you can still meet we have our games on Saturdays at around 6-7 PM CST or -6 GMT. Please let us know if you can make iit to the games.

Should I post what I've got myself with the new xp that i've got from the last session? What is the group policy toward implants?

Should be able to make it then, could I get the directions on how to get to the sessions?

Also, not sure what my starting acquisition should be.  Mirala's not meant to get in the thick of things, and lacks the training to use much in the way of armaments anyway.  Anyone have suggestions?

Alectai said:

Should be able to make it then, could I get the directions on how to get to the sessions?

Also, not sure what my starting acquisition should be.  Mirala's not meant to get in the thick of things, and lacks the training to use much in the way of armaments anyway.  Anyone have suggestions?

You could try to use a force field(holo-suit -30 to enemy WS and BS,null-blocker(AP 60),conversion field(AP 50),mecronid armor) or something that will help you (psy-focus +10 invocation ,psy-jammer amulet +20 resists psyhicher powers +10 resists posesion,psy-tracker,blacklight projector -40 to vision detection tests,psycoloum - detects psyhichers,witch lance,force axe,force staff,force sword,null box stasis field device).

All I detailed here you can acquire for a free acquisition and it is useful for your character.

Ventrillo Server:
Host Name: toronto.maxfrag.net
Port: 3826
Password: none
Meeting Room: Rogue Trader RPG Channel

To Thor:
Implants are ok as long as you can get a Medicae facility to do the work such as Footfall or the Emperor's Mercy other then that you can spend your xp in the talents that are psudo implants as you see fit.

To BangBangTequilla:
From what I can tell it looks fine but please organize it more so it is easier to read. yes you can have the pistol that is fine by me.

To Alectai:
I may suggest maybe an Astropathic Choir Chember thing for the Rogue Trader ship so he can eventually upgrade it maybe? What better way then to move with home and all for you character hehe... On the other hand you could try for a psyber familiar or something like that.

Asajev said:

Ventrillo Server:
Host Name: toronto.maxfrag.net
Port: 3826
Password: none
Meeting Room: Rogue Trader RPG Channel

To Thor:
Implants are ok as long as you can get a Medicae facility to do the work such as Footfall or the Emperor's Mercy other then that you can spend your xp in the talents that are psudo implants as you see fit.

To BangBangTequilla:
From what I can tell it looks fine but please organize it more so it is easier to read. yes you can have the pistol that is fine by me.

To Alectai:
I may suggest maybe an Astropathic Choir Chember thing for the Rogue Trader ship so he can eventually upgrade it maybe? What better way then to move with home and all for you character hehe... On the other hand you could try for a psyber familiar or something like that.

Alectai needs some defenses or something to help him at his job. Familiars are nice but not to waste a free acquisition.

Oh happy day. welcome to the 2 new players to the group. we have roughly 4-5 endeavors at the moment.  Also adding new components to my ship is not really an option at this point, i'm out of usable space and power. but anyway it will be good to have an explorator and astropath on the ship, though it is fitting to tell you that there is an ork on board. though on a final note, even though i'm the rogue trader, i would still like to hear your opinion in game. feel free to speak if you character has any invaluable insight or ability that can aid the group, i'm just the Lord captain,lol, second opinion on decisions would be most helpful. Just remember to have fun and don't get to terribly maimed. see you on deck.

My xp expediture 100 points for 5 Ag,100 points for 5 BS ,100 Awareness, 200 points Medicae skill.

So my character will look like :

Origin Path :
  Fortress World (Basic training SP) 
Unnatural Origin,Contaminated Environs(100 xp Peer Mutants,Resistance Poison) with Brute mutation(100xp 10 STR,10 Toughness already in the stats)
Crusade Call To War(150 xp, Peer Military,Hatred Chaos,7 Insanity Points)
 The Hand Of War(Heavy Weapon Training(SP),Hatred Pirates)
Devotion,Duty(100xp with Unshakable faith)
Accursed be thy Name,Outraged Scion(300 xp with Armour of Contempt ,Forbiden Lore Xenos,Mutants)

WS : 40
 BS : 55+5=60
 S : 75(55 without power Armor)
T : 55
 Ag : 40+5=45
Int : 40
Per : 40
Wp : 53
Fel : 35
Wounds : 15
Fate Points : 4
 Skills : Common Lore (War), Dodge,Intimidate,Scholastic Lore(Tactica Imperialis),Secret Tongue(Military),Speak Language(Low Gothic),Awareness, Medicae
 Basic Skills:Swim,Silent Move,Search,Scrutiny,Logic,Inquiry,Gamble,Forbidden Lore(Xenos,Mutants,Evaluate,Disguise,Deceive,Contortionist,Concealment, Command,Climb,Charm,Carouse,Barter.
 Talents :Resistance Poison,Peer Mutants,Peer Military,Hatred Pirates,Hatred Chaos,Unshakable faith,Armour of Contempt,Nerves of Steel,Sound Constitution,Combat Focus,Heavy Weapon Training(SP),Weapon Mastery Heavy,Hulking,Basic Weapon Training(Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal),Thrown Weapon Training(Universal).

Free Acquisition : 1 Ignatus pattern Power Armor(+20 STR,+1 Movement,8AP,Hulking,good quality photo visors-Dark Sight,immune to photon flash grenades,micro bead,auspex) Family Patriarch Power Armor.

Equipement : good-craftsmanship helgun, good crafstmanship primitive with mono upgrade long sabre,micro-bead,bolt shell keepsake,set clothing, medkit,manacles,ammo coffers.

Acquisitions :1 Set of carapace armor, 1 common quality power sword,1 common quality heavy stubber of Orthalck pattern,grenades,grenade launcher

Recomandations?

not really, read in the book that there is no dedicated skill for grenades and that grenade launchers are basic weapons. though i do have the question. Do you wear your power armor all the time? Yes i might wear my carapace for rather long spans of time, it's rather light weight and comfortable. Besides i wear it with a fine set of cloths and xeno-pelt cloak. but it's your choice, you might want to get some nice formal wear when we get to FootFall. will need to find a big&tall store for you or have something custom made. Also, Asajev wanted me to prompt you more often to speak in game. He feels that i'm doing all the talking for the group. Also try not to  mimic my actions, remember that as an arch militant you are respected for your tactical expertise. I don't  technically have that skill at trained, i'm just have the command authority. Just post if you need recommendations for anything. By the way, nice upgrade choices. should come in handy.

I'm unsure how to better organize it, I literally copied Alectai's sheet and replaced the relevant data with my Explorator's...

Dragon Scale is Tech Priest Only Power Armour, page 137. I figure the difference in relative quality between it and the other suits of PA would call for bumping it a smidgeon, less so the AP and more so the gadgets.

Dragon Scale
Worn by the warrior tech-priests of the Magos Militant and the
field enginseers assigned to frontline duty with the Imperial
Guard, each set of dragon scale is individually hand-forged from
adamantine and ceramite plating and woven with prayers of
permanence and micro-etched with fractal incantations of defence.
Offering protection equivalent to the finest powered armour,
dragon scale’s greatest advantage is that it is designed to interface
directly with the tech-priest’s cybernetic body and draws its power
from his potentia coil, never needing to be recharged while worn.
This armour includes a photo-visor and a respirator. In
addition, it increases the wearer’s Strength Characteristic by
+10. This armour requires the user to be fitted with a cybermantle
and potentia coil.

Ideally, boost the strength bonus to regular Heavy PA at +20, bump the Visor to Good Quality and function as a Sealed Voidsuit (rather then a respirator, it provides X hours of life support). I completely accept a denial for this, since I plan on heavily modifying/augmenting it myself.

The Availability for a Good Power Axe and an Omnissian Axe are the same, can I swap them? I ask because an Omnissian Axe provides influence among the Ad Mech.

For dice rolls and if you would like to expand it to Play By Post, I have Moderator status of a game folder, the one I linked you to. That attempt at a game has flopped, so i can clear it out and provide you fine folks with whatever you might need. It's a DnD site, so it's pretty well equipped for PbP with great coding and good Admins.

EDIT

Do we gain any experience to start on equal footing? Or are we still starting characters? May I choose my heirloom item (he's more of a technology buff, and the rolled Reliquary of Saint Drusus is a little too...erm...Ecclesiarchal for my taste...)

never heard of the armor, but if Asajev approves then you can have it. you likely will meet up with the rest of the group at FootFall, unless some how you start off on my ship. anyway it's good to have you aboard.

Void_onion213 said:

never heard of the armor, but if Asajev approves then you can have it. you likely will meet up with the rest of the group at FootFall, unless some how you start off on my ship. anyway it's good to have you aboard.

I can already tell, based off the arrogant stance on 'your ship' that we're going to have a good time. Don't take this the wrong way, it's the right way to play a Rogue Trader, you're the boss. I just get to play a powerful member of the one faction you need to...respectdemonio.gif. I look forward to the first point in the road where our personal goals cross. That first "I'm sorry Dave, but I can't let you do that..." is going to be sweet....angel.gif

I will allow the swap for the reason of roleplay characteristics and as for the Dragonscale armor I see no reason why you could not. On the note of bonus XP nope no extra XP sorry but there will be plenty of oportunities to catch up.

Okay, I can't get myself a nice Force Staff (Unless the GM would be willing to let me trade in my Shock Staff and original Psy-Focus as well).  Though it would be nice, especially since I rolled decently well on my WS attribute.

I'm afraid I can't take part in this saturday's session. I've been swamped with work (I do a lot of yard work and general labour for people) and my friend's band is playing this saturday, so unfortunately (for my Explorator, quite fortunately for me) friday+saturday are going to be taken. That is also combined with my need to swap over to a wifi router, so I can play next week.

Sorry mates, didn't mean to inconvenience anyone.

your still rank one, you won't hit rank 2 until you have spent 7k xp. currently I'm at 6500 but i'm not rank 2 yet. If you have run out of skills and talents to buy, start increasing you characteristics.

Asajev,

I've been thinking about it, and after consideration, I would like to change my Ork for something a little more 'normal' like a Void-Master.  It simply doesn't work well with the type of game we're running.

Let me know what is your decision on that one

It is a Ventrillo Game that I am the GM for.

To Braddoc:
Make a new character concept and drop a note here I will review it and we can talk in vent about it if you have time later tonight.

Alright then, so, trading in a couple things I can't make use of in exchange for the Force Staff.

With that, my Astropath is good to go!  I'll try to make it on time.