Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

Nice run everyone, even though the raiders were not as they appeared. The ork and Arch-militant's fight over loot provided quality entertainment to the crew. The Arch-militant got a shiney new gun from the loot bag.

I think we might have it at the same time. though the actions on Foot Fall will mostly be centered on Godwin and my character.  The last part of the adventure will be a full party item, hopefully if my actions go well we might have another ship in the fleet plus a mass conveyer. The Ork will finally get sanctioned just not sure by who, and Both Thor and Graf are now well known aboard the PanzerDragon for providing the evening entertainment in the form of a wrestling match. But we still have a transport to investigate. The group is fine right now, but we need some more people in the group to flush of the character of it. Having a Missionary on board might be fun, all depends on who is at the helm. please feel free to check on vent once in a while, either me or asajev will be on.

Void_onion213 said:

We might do it again on Saturday, though we can do it at an earlier date. as long as we can get the hole party to gather.

I have work(employee) during the week to do so I don't think I cannot spent the nights roleplaying. I could have a game Friday at the same hour.

Void_onion213 said:

Just checking in to see how everyone is enjoying the adventure, please post if you want to continue exploring the system we are currently in.

What Saturday didn't we agree to find what is the deal with the missing pilgrims?There is a game right now?

no no, Game is this Saturday. Unless you want to have it earlier, yes we can still explore the ship. even though you and the ork will possible not have a chance to properly recover. Right now i'm still trying to figure out how to role play a former naval officer, who just created an interesting chain of events. And has a newly formed reputation for hosting a strange fellowship of cohorts. even though i have every confidence that things will turn out in our favor, It will still be an interesting experience. It was a combination of skill, luck and silvered words that ended a confrontation before any damage was received by the ship. though it will soon become common knowledge that an Ork travels with us, it will simply add to the humor of the fleet. try not to take the game so seriously, relax, don't think so hard and simple do what feels natural. As told to me by Asajev, we are showing signs of being like Futurama.

lol, am I the only source of life on this thread? Be nice to hear from asajev.  If you want to talk, just leave a post indicating what time you would like to meet on vent. Or is everyone ok with me planning everything demonio.gif. i know what we have right now, but what of the future.  I know the seneshal will get involved sooner or later, but what of the rest of you. this forum thread is for us to share our thoughts. I honestly intend end this adventure with the next session, can't wait for the end( Just don't like cliff hanger episodes).  I'm sorry, my last RT Group had 7-8 hour sessions. 

Void_onion213 said:

lol, am I the only source of life on this thread? Be nice to hear from asajev.  If you want to talk, just leave a post indicating what time you would like to meet on vent. Or is everyone ok with me planning everything demonio.gif. i know what we have right now, but what of the future.  I know the seneshal will get involved sooner or later, but what of the rest of you. this forum thread is for us to share our thoughts. I honestly intend end this adventure with the next session, can't wait for the end( Just don't like cliff hanger episodes).  I'm sorry, my last RT Group had 7-8 hour sessions. 

I will post something after I leave work.

our next session is fast approaching, ready your war gear and steel you resolve for the next chain of events. By the way Thor, i guess i miss read the hand of war origin selection concerning your weapons choice. I think you still have to pick a specific Type( solid projectile, bolter, ect.). any way we will explore the pilgrim ship after you and the ork have had a chance to recover your fatigue damage. I'm sure there will be plenty for you to do. we possibly will still have the pregame chat 1-2 hours be for we start. would like the question answered just for character development, How did the arch militant start on my ship? Nothing to do with you Thor, It would be nice to know which family member hired you or did i do that? Oh well, we still have to locate The Emperor's Mercy. Hope we see Godwin again, shame if we lost him to the warp.

Void_onion213 said:

our next session is fast approaching, ready your war gear and steel you resolve for the next chain of events. By the way Thor, i guess i miss read the hand of war origin selection concerning your weapons choice. I think you still have to pick a specific Type( solid projectile, bolter, ect.). any way we will explore the pilgrim ship after you and the ork have had a chance to recover your fatigue damage. I'm sure there will be plenty for you to do. we possibly will still have the pregame chat 1-2 hours be for we start. would like the question answered just for character development, How did the arch militant start on my ship? Nothing to do with you Thor, It would be nice to know which family member hired you or did i do that? Oh well, we still have to locate The Emperor's Mercy. Hope we see Godwin again, shame if we lost him to the warp.

I have selected as the hand of war option heavy weapon training SP(page 6 this thread). Yes we must find the Emperor Mercy , probably the deserted pilgrim ship has some clues to where the emperor mercy went.

OOC we know from the session when we rolled the travel time that the Emperor Mercy arrived just fine to this star system. The ship arrived just earlier than us. 

Hi guys I am working on the pre-game stuff for the game, I am in Vent at the moment. No, I will not give you sneak peaks to the advenutre. Yes we can resolve unfinished details leading to the adventure in the pilgrim ship.

One other thing,if anyone else from the forums wishes to join with either one of the following character types feel free to post here and let me know, I can give you the server details or you can dig them out of the thread.

Explorator, Void Master, Missionary, Navigator; All are at starting Rank 1 no additional XP.

I will post a summary of our session.

Won a acquisition test for a common quality power sword. Failed one for a common quality refractor shield.

The party arms men consisted of a flamer,a grenadier , a sergeant with a bolt pistol, 4 people wielding lasguns and 3 people wielding shotguns. Me took the trusted helgun and Orthalck heavy stubber from the loot bag(from the raider we boarded) that I've won when I've won the wrestling match with the ork(to see who took the loot bag). Forgot the power sword at my quarter on the ship.

Went to the pilgrim ship. Took with us a techpriest . The ork stayed on the ship. Man must he pissed that he didn't join us (especially when we fought those servitors).

Found it abandoned .Went to the bridge and found that the ship was abandoned 300 years ago. Also found that the senechal had arrived earlier and left us a message. Smug bastard.

When we were perusing the cognitars of the pilgrim ship we found a power anomaly in the engine block. We also found that the ship was bound towards a shrine world inside the Koronus expanse before it had lost the crew in warp related disaster. The ship was a joint project between the Ministorum and the Mechanicus.

Me,the rogue trader and half of the security went to investigate while the tech priest started to copy the ship data.

When we moved towards the ship engine rooms found some creepy cherubs that were master crafted. They spoke in riddles like we were not here, referring obsessively about their father. Thought that they were warp tainted. They were creepy but harmless the ork would have loved to chase them all over the ship.

The rogue trader and archmilitant party found the engine room. Waited for the tech priest to come from the bridge. The cherubs called the tech priest brother. Started to relax a bit considering it will not be the worst case scenario.

The party found the source of the anomaly it was a stasis pod. The cherubs warned not to open saying that the occupant will most likely be pissed at us. We decided we wanted answers to where the crew went and what happened to the ship so we started to open the stasis pod while the guard detail took defensive positions.

When we were opening the stasis pod from below two master crafted creepy gun servitors appeared. They started threatening us so we stopped opening the stasis pod.

Let me tell you each of those servitors had a refactor shield a power weapon,armored out of wazzoo.

The rogue trader tried to reason with them but when the tech priest slowly and cautiosly continued the opening process of the stasis pod the servitors attacked me and the rogue trader. I successful dodge the melee blow(and the servitor manage to go flat down on the floor) and the rogue trader managed to parry the blow. He attacked one of the servitors with his power sword and watched the attacked being nullified by the conversion field.

I attacked with the heavy stubber the other servitor. My muzzle of my gun was pointing down towards the servitor and at point blank range fired at full auto. Scored 8 hits with the stubber but 4 hits were blocked by the servitor conversion field and the rest didn't do any damage. I started to worry.

The flamer guy manage to set the servitor that attacked me on fire causing no damage from the weapon itself but from being set on fire. The good part it overloaded the servitor force field. Thank the God Emperor that we brought the guy with the flamer,it was a life saver, i will buy him some good quality spirits when we arrive on Footfall.

Then the grenadier using a crack grenade killed the servitor that was on fire. Even in death the servitors were creepy and smug as hell.

The rest of the arms men didn't manage to bypass the final servitor armor or conversion field.

The final servitor attacked the rogue trader but his attacked was easily parried. The servitor manage to dodge the rogue trader counter attack. Because I could have killed the tech priest and the occupant of the stasis pod I didn't use the heavy stubber to take the last servitor but use the helgun with semi auto fire at point blank range. Scored 3 hits negated by armor or force field. It seems that I will consider buying better weapons.In the end the last servitor was destroyed by the same combination of krak grenades and flamer. Need to get some krak grenade for close quarter fight.

We woke the occupant of the stasis pod and found he was a somewhat insane or eccentric magos genator. Didn't know politeness even if it hit him with the macrobattery broadside of a cruiser.

The party agreed to help him fix the ship(gelar field and probably the engine-most likely emergency repairs) so he can go to Footfall to get in touch with the latest news. Then he will agree hopefully to travel with us. Don't trust him, but he will come in handy in the expanse.

In the end we didn't found what happened to the ship and the crew.

We have 4 endeavors:

1. The main one find and salvage the Grand cruiser.

2. Smooth the problem with the ship we attacked(they were strip mining the pilgrim ship- we considered them pirates- we were wrong they were merchant security detailed and actually hunted pirates). OOC The GM set us a trap during the previous gaming session because he deviated from the book scenario and we took the book scenario as a gospel.

3. Find and deliver the pilgrim ship to the church.

4. Help the genator get re acquainted with his colleagues.

OOC We get 500 xp at the end of the session I believe the ork does that too.

Hmm. I wonder. I think i could jump in as an Explorator, leaning towards a Heretek but not on purpose, simply going down the road as he seeks to perfect the works of the Omnissiah.

EDIT

Barring the radical option, I also wouldn't mind playing a Missionary. Mainly it's the appeal of holding a domain within a domain that draws me, and either having his own authority from the Ad mech or the power of a religious leader, I'm happy.

EDIT 2:

As a short bio on myself: I'm a 20 year old male living in Ottawa, Ontario, the capital city of Canada. I have zero experience with tabletop 40k RPGs, and almost a year of experience in Play By Post Dark Heresy, one RT game (in which I play Lord Alexian Goodmont, last of the Goodmont Dynasty) and am just starting a Psychic Inquisitor in an Ascension game. I am fairly well-read, and hoping to enter the Canadian Forces as an Officer of Mechanical Engineering next year. I also have about 8 years experience in tabletop 40k and fantasy (I only dabbled in a 1500 point Vampire Count army) as Orks, Eldar, and Necrons. I strongly dislike sudden PvP, but love the slow decent into Heresy culminating in player conflict. I do enjoy a level on tension, hence my choice of class, since players should have both individual goals as well as group objectives.

I'd love a quick rundown of current PC strengths and weaknesses, because it's necessary to have unique skills and abilities. I'm a big fan of having the best character I possibly can, because while the power boost of a beginning character gets less and less pertinent as the game goes on, while a weak character gets capped out earlier and at a weaker state then a strong one, and since you're supposed to be the elite in RT, it's nice to see that in raw stats.

To give you the group run down I play the Rogue trader Kerghan Holt of the Tannhauser Dynasty. He is a talented commander to say the least and holds a high level of respect and expectation for his crew Even though My RT is ex-navy, he is rather open minded and is normally optimistic that thing will some how turn out for the better. He is eager to obtain new allies in his goal of bringing wealth and glory to his Dynasty. Has short term plans to make a name as a successful pirate hunter.   He is accompanied by an arch-militant with a love of large caliber guns, an Ork with some technical skill and a Seneshal that doesn't really say to much, not to sure of his motives either.

Anyway, we as of now are offering assistance to an Explorator that was in cryo for around 300 years Named Vial  ( I hope i spelled his name right). Judging from the craftsmanship of the Cherubs and Murder servitors we encountered He is obviously a skilled craftsmen. The vessel was devoid of any other life forms and there was no gellar field fluctuation to suggest an incursion. Some how i no longer Truly buy the story of the so called  Free captains, If they are true to there word we shale meet them again on foot fall. I'm sure there merchant house wouldn't be so quick to defend there captains for looting a vessel That belonged to the church and the mechanicus with out a proper warrant. The party is currently on an Endeavor To salvage and possibly Restore a Treasure ship, my character not only has the map, but also an old friend of the Dynasty who has seen the ship.

We might seem to be an odd bunch at first but so far we have had no in party fights. Unless you want to count the wrestling match in the hanger bay between the Ork and Arch-militant.   I you wish to join us, please post your character information as well as your origin path. If you wish to include a back ground story that would be nice.

I don't suppose there are any games out and around who have room for an Astropath PC?  I got a decent concept rattling around my head, and it'd be nice to give it a shot.

Void_onion213 said:

Sure, we got room. I'm the Rogue Trader for the group. just need you to post you character stats in this thread and wait for approval by our GM Asajev

Awesome, I'll get to work soon, just lost my first draft thanks to my browser being horrible though :(

Astropath Transcendent Mirala Alesia

-- Soft Spoken Communicatior --

Origin Path:
Imperial World: Born to pilgrims on a journey through the Imperium of Man, raised in the light of the Emperor long before her higher calling became apparent[

+3 Wp, -5 to Forbidden Lore Tests, Common Lores (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War) are Basic Skills, Literacy, Speak Language (High Gothic) are Basic Skills.

In Service to the Throne: Discovered as a Psyker at an early age, Mirala was quickly Tithed to the Black Ships.  This happened to happen during a fairly sensitive time in her growth, admittedly--though to her credit, she was deemed strong enough to be useful to the Imperium as something beyond a sacrifice.

-350 XP, Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica), Literacy, +3 WP

Renegade: The problem, however, is that while you may be deemed strong and useful--being shunted into terrible conditions filled with others bearing Psychic Potential before your age of majority never really ends well.  Though sweet natured enough to maintain most of it even through the enormous degree of re-education the Imperium engages in, Mirala is still too much of a Free-Thinker for the Ecclesiarchy's liking.  Though admittedly, just being a Psyker tends to cause problems in that department.

+3 Intelligence, -3 Willpower, Enemy (Ecclesiarchy) Talent

Press-Ganged: So, when much of your formative years have been spent being shunted from ship to ship, transmitting messages across the Imperium as little more then living equipment, it tends to cause some minor problems throughout.  When the opportunity came to sign on with a Rogue Trader's vessel however--one of the Peers of the Imperium, who are not bound to the same ironclad laws that the rest of it's people are--she was quick to exploit the chance.

1 additional Skill.  +1 Common Lore

Endurance: A life full of adventure is a life full of tragedy for the most part.  A Psyker of growing power and control, with an iron-will to weather even the most ferocious of storms, Mirala has no intention of allowing the grim, darkness of the Fourty First Millenium destroy her.

+1 Wound

-----------------------------------------------

WS: 42
BS: 37
S: 34
T: 36
Ag: 30
Int: 41
Per: 31
WP: 52*
Fel: 33

Wounds: 8
Fate Points: 3

Skills

Basic
Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War) (Int)

Trained
Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica) +10 (Int)
Literacy (Int)
Awareness (Per)
Forbidden Lore (Psykers) (Int)
Invocation (WP)
Psyniscience (Per)
Scholastic Lore (Cryptology) (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic) (Int)

Talents
Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal) 
Heightened Senses (Sound)
Psy Rating 2

Psychic Information
Psy Rating: 2
Psychic Techniques:
Telepathy Discipline:
Astral Telepathy, Mind's Eye, Mind Link

Equipment: 
Best-Craftsmanship Laspistol
Common-Craftsmanship Shock Staff
Guard Flak Armour
Charm
Void Suit
Micro-bead
Psy-Focus

Experience:
350 (Tithed Origin Path)
100 (Basic Willpower Advance)

450/500

Alectai your character has been approved, if you can still meet we have our games on Saturdays at around 6-7 PM CST or -6 GMT. Please let us know if you can make iit to the games.

Ok, I have a character here:

All rolls done via another forum, the thread found here: www.dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php

Explorator Asphesius Jar'kai of Lathe Omicron

Forge World : +5 Intelligence, -5 WS, +3 (Perception)

False Man: +3 (Strength) +3 (Agility), -3 (Perception), Autosanguine, Ambidexterity, Chem Geld, -1 Fate Point (300 xp)

Tainted - Mutant - Brute -> +10 Strength, +10 Toughness (200 xp)*

Dark Voyage -> Resistance (Fear)

Pride -> Archeotech Laspistol (If I may choose), Reliquary of Saint Drusus if it needs to be rolled, though I'd rather swap origins if this is the case.

*Ideally I'd justify this in-fluff as, rather then a mutation, it is a a byproduct of his extensive genetic reworking as per False Man

-----------------------------------------------

WS: 40
BS: 40
S: 40
T: 40
Ag: 40
Int: 50
Per: 30
WP: 35
Fel: 30

Wounds: 11
Fate Points: 1

Insanity: 1

Corruption: 0

Skills

Basic
Common Lore (Tech, Machine Cult) (Int)

Trained
Skills: Common Lore (Machine Cult, Tech) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech
Adeptus Mechanicus) (Int)
Literacy (Int),
Logic (Int)
Speak Language (Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-lingua) (Int)
Tech-Use (Int)
Trade (Technomat) (Int)

Talents
Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Logis Implant
Ambidexterity
Autosanguine
Chem Geld
Iron Jaw
Resistance (Fear)
Technical Knock

Equipment:
Boltgun or best-Craftsmanship lasgun or good-Craftsmanship hellgun, best-Craftsmanship shock staff or good-
Craftsmanship power axe, Enforcer light carapace, multikey, void suit, injector, sacred unguents, micro-bead, combi-tool, dataslate.

If Allowed, I'd use my Free Selection to acquire a set of Dragonscale, from the Forgeworld section of the Inquisitor's Handbook

Experience:
300 (False-Man Origin Path)
200 (Tainted-Choose Mutation)