Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

All right due to a mandatory year long vacation I won't have the ability to play a normal game of any type really.  So I want to ask if any one has a group they play with online or a site that host the game in text based format.  I have not played the game online before and my in-person experience is not that high and in-person experience is fairly small but I am willing to learn.

I got all slots open except Senechcal, Explorator the ship for the game at least the starter ship I was going to give the players was the Emperor's Mercy the link to the ship is in my signiture. Please give me some background on your RT character and the firestorm I might be able to integrate them into the story. Also information on the Firestorm would be nice. In addition what modules have you run to get to the XP level the players are all starting from scratch. That means running Into the Maw and all the other supplements with independent side adventures as the players develop.

My Rogue Traders Name is Kerghan Holt. His home world is a battle fleet, more than likely Battle fleet koronus given that the warrant of trade was sanctioned during the Angevin crusade. the warrant also gave contacts with the battle fleet. given the description of the battle fleet home world, i presume that either his parents, or relatives of sorts were officers and that he gained officer training and served time with the fleet until old enough to answer the call to the dynasty.

The ship it's self also has an interesting history, It was pulled from a space hulk and also served in the fleet. as a result the crew has a good reputation with the imperial navy.

the warrant build reads as follows: warrant age- The forging, Fortune & fate- stable, Acquisition- Administrstum Trade Mandate, Sanction, Angevin crusade, Contacts- battle fleet, warrant renown- famous.

there is a bit more as far as the origin path, but i will cover that later. i have a basic idea on his back ground, kind of came to me while watching Battlestar Galatica. please consider my character, i put a lot of time and thought into him.

so you don't want more than 1 rogue trader in the party, lol. for got to mention the ship comes with a crack crew. last group i was in had 3 RT.  i thought this was going to be an open game, never had a game were the player RT was already decided before hand. now, are you going to be using an dice roller program or can we use are own dice, don't really like the program because it tends to loop to often.

To: Void_onion213:
You can bring in your own RT if you wish, the Role of RT of the Eltanin de Halcyon Dynasty is not selected because it is a major plot line. They are searching for the last known heir of the dynasty in the region. Special note on the topic of multiple RTs they each have a seperate ship and  a seperate Profit Factor to symbolize the different dynasties working as independents organizations.

To:Braddoc:
Sounds like an idea that could work for the chronicle of the campaign, feel free to design your ork character.

To anyone interested in joining the game I am planning please submit your character concept and to what dynasty you are affiliated with.

Thanks Asajev, the Firestorm in question is called the Panzer Dragon, it is armed with a sunsear macro-battery and sunhammer lance. it has a crack crew with a good reputation with the imperial navy and in essence it is a frigate killer, though it can leave it's mark on larger targets. Kerghan also has a fellowship of 53 + 10 from his talented option from character creation. he has a best crafted suit of light enforcer carapace armor and best craft las pistol, his choice for one free starting gear is a good craftsmanship bolt pistol. His most redeeming quality is his sense of duty to humanity.

Mordechai Von Razgriz said:

Just by curiosity, Asajev,  how your online campaign will be played ? play by post, MSN,  or other ? What is your time zone, and how many players do you want approximatively ?

I'm already playing online,  but it is always nice to read the logs of other campaigns...

I second that question as well; I curently run a Rogue Trader game and a Dark heresy game on mIRC, so a schedule would be helpful.

since you know, playing would be somewhat better than running a game for once!

Campaign Current Details:

Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Tentative Meeting Days: Saturdays or Sundays; Possibly around 6-7 PM so anyone involved has time to enjoy the day but time can shift depending on the player base and the groups needs.
Players: ~6
Campaign Method: PbP, or possibly Skype or Ventrillo
Dice Rolling: Personal Dice, but one has to post the dice rolls if PbP method is used or possible use of dice roller if we can integrate one in skype or ventrillo

Current Players:
Slot #1: Omari Godwin, High Factotum of House Eltanin de Halcyon
Slot #2: Explorator Nicodemus "Reyki" Daichi, Master Chiurgen of House Eltanin de Halcyon
Slot #3: Void_Onion213?
Slot #4: Empty
Slot #5: Empty
Slot #6: Empty

Asajev said:

Campaign Current Details:

Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Tentative Meeting Days: Saturdays or Sundays; Possibly around 6-7 PM so anyone involved has time to enjoy the day but time can shift depending on the player base and the groups needs.
Players: ~6
Campaign Method: PbP, or possibly Skype or Ventrillo
Dice Rolling: Personal Dice, but one has to post the dice rolls if PbP method is used or possible use of dice roller if we can integrate one in skype or ventrillo

Current Players:
Slot #1: Omari Godwin, High Factotum of House Eltanin de Halcyon
Slot #2: Explorator Nicodemus "Reyki" Daichi, Master Chiurgen of House Eltanin de Halcyon
Slot #3: Void_Onion213?
Slot #4: Empty
Slot #5: Empty
Slot #6: Empty

I'll be good for Saturday nights; I got my Sunday evenings doing my laundry.  I can go PbP or Skype/Ventrillo.

I got a diceroller program for mIRC if you need one; but I have no clue as to how to get it into a live-chat program.

Count me in I'd say!

I never played/read it so all's good to me.

Gonna have a char concept done and a sheet filled tonight (except if my DH players are all around, we might play on mIRC- gonna let you know)

I'm good to go, voice chat might be better. Play by post got a little confusing, couldn't figure out if it was my turn or not. i don't have the PDF write able file, but i do have the physical character sheets. but yes, i'm normally free in the evenings depends on work. I have most of the books with the exeption of Battle Fleet Koronous. I'm not really sure what dynasty i'm part of, guess i'll have to make one up. ok, i'm out of ideas. My character is Kerghan Holt of the Tannhauser Dynasty. i'm not very creative,lol. i can fill you in on any details once the game starts, the origin path doesn't specify who my parents where or what position they had in the imperial fleet. some how my RT is 25 years old, this was random. i rolled the character description from the DH core book. question with the battle fleet home world, given the traits it gives does that mean i served as an officer?

I got a wiki page for my W40K games; would posting a sheet there and sending you the link be acceptable?  The sheets are fine, but are very short in terms of space to write skill/talent/racial ability description.