Sign in to follow this  
Leathals

Battlefleet Koronus pdf?

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how long it usually takes between FFG publishing a hardcopy product and offering a pdf for sale? Or when the Battlefleet Koronus book will be available for download? (If at all.)

Thanks.

It usually takes about 2-3 months. They purposely wait a while after release so that FLGS have a good chance to sell the hardcopies first.

PDFs tend to be about 1/2 the retail price for the books, which I think is a little high. At that price, I'd rather just pick up the actual book. I do wish they'd offer a print + pdf bundle like some other companies have started doing.

I love having the books with me, but having a PDF copy is immensely useful when you have to travel to your games. It's a lot less weight to lug around when you have multiple books.  Personally, I think the hardcopy book should come with a free or at least discounted PDF copy. 

FFG is smart to not release the PDF quickly after the real book. They would lose too much sales to pirates, and while I like free stuff I'd rather this game keep getting material published.

Piracy is not a good reason to delay the PDF release. People who pirate will do so anyway, and will have the book available for download very quickly after release.

Giving their trading partners (FLGS) a chance to sell the book first for a few months is a good reason to delay. Book sales are always highest in the first few months after release, and anything that helps keep FLGS in business is good for the industry long term.