Sign in to follow this  
Sawtooth Jack

Named Monsters (may include spoilers)

Okay, we just finished Story 4 (Classroom Curses), and our Keeper had chosen the scenario where Helen Detaigne (spelling?) enters the game as a witch with +4 wounds per investigator.  None of us were sure what this meant.  We read the rule book on Named Monsters, and all it said was that some named monsters have extra health -- but it said nothing about wounds.  We could have assumed that +4 wounds means that the witch had a total of 8 damage done to her as soon as she entered (since there were two investigators), or we could have assumed that this was a misprint and that the witch actually had +4 HEALTH per investigator -- or maybe it means that she does an additional 8 damage for her attack.  Regardless, this was very vague and we killed her right away anyhow and ended up winning outright.  So, what does this mean?

She should have had an extra 4 health per investigator making her harder to kill.  Having her show up more dead or insta-dead with a certain number of investigators doesn't make sense and having her attacks do 20 damage doesn't really seem to make much sense either.

I think this one is common sense.

Heh, yeah. Had that one happen to me. Brought her out with a ton of extra health, only to find out how horrible Shriviling (sp) is to my poor monsters. :P

Oh, well... there's always next time.