Sign in to follow this  
joseaguerof

Measurement of the box

Thanks a lot for the measurement and the translation to metric system, much appreciated.

Games Workshop has released a set of Bags to carry around figure cases, you can find them here.

These are the measures for each of the bags: Heavy Support Bag (H: 80cm, W: 45cm, D: 25cm), Tactical Backpack (H: 55cm, W: 35cm, D:  15cm), Fast Attack Bag (H: 33cm, W: 40cm, D: 6cm).

I think I would want something with firmer sides or some hard cases to go inside of them.  Me, I use something like the following:

www.stanleytools.com/default.asp

Inside of that the map boards and rulebooks all fit.  I also picked up some 10" x 7" x 2" ( 25.4cm x 17.78cm x 5.08cm) modular sorting boxes for all the bits that fit in the box.  4 sorting trays, and all the map boards from the base set, DotF, and Normandy fit.  The only thing that no longer fits in my case is my dice tray which gave room for normandy.

yeah, I already have one like that for carrying Descent only because I had to leave the box behind as it wouldn't fit on my luggage.

anyways, as much as I'm tempted to buy that GW big bag I think I have a very similar piece of luggage in which I could carry around the game without throwing away the box.