Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jer5

Deathwatch Play By Post

60 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Deathwatchers!  :)

I've been scouring the web since I picked up the Deathwatch book in hopes of finding a recruiting Deathwatch pbp game.

I see other people here looking for the same thing.

I am coming up empty in my search. I find abandoned ones, or ones where nobody replies to inquiries about joining.

Surely there are enough people perusing this forum to put together a game. So whattya say?

Lets play some Deathwatch!

If you are interested in playing, reply below. And if you are interested in GM-ing note that too. I'm not in a position to run a game right now but I'd gladly play if someone would want to run one.

I have webspace if we need a message board to play on.

Lets do this!

That's 2!!!!!  :)

Its a funny thing. We strike out in search of games when we are probably the most likely to find something right here at the publishers site.

:)

I'd love to find a local group and get some face to face gaming in, but it just wont happen. Nobody around here plays this stuff. Its all D&D or card games.

Pretty much all of my gaming anymore is PBP.

I''ve registered and made a post over there. Lets hope for some good luck for us both. :) Otherwise I stand with you to the end, brother!

I saw that.

Now we just need to see if we are joining an existing game or starting over. 

Hmm, depending on size and timezones, I think I might be able to handle one... Part of the reason I dropped out of the two I was in was because everyone was in a different timezone, so in the end, I felt like I had zero real meaning. Everything had already happened while I was asleep IRL.

Hmm... Might not be the best, but I think it's doable assuming people don't thunder on ahead past 5AM GMT =p Count me in!

How would time zone be a problem in play by post?

I wasnt picturing doing anything live. Just post daily or every other day, as you are available. 

jer said:

I wasnt picturing doing anything live. Just post daily or every other day, as you are available. 

As I said, I was in two others, but because the majority of posts were when I was asleep, I basically got left behind in everything.

Nalerenn said:

jer said:

As I said, I was in two others, but because the majority of posts were when I was asleep, I basically got left behind in everything.

Well if you had said a word, we could have added an additional day delay, I'm sure.

Alex

ak-73 said:

Nalerenn said:

jer said:

Well if you had said a word, we could have added an additional day delay, I'm sure.

Alex

I know, but I didn't want to hold the game up, either ^^;; It was just me, so why should everyone else have to slow down for me? Hopefully, I can join in a game that already works in regards to my timezone, but if not, I'd rather make way for someone who can keep up.

I'm confused. 

I'm referring to play by post. 

The GM posts, the players post when they can get around to it. 

Repeat. (more or less)

Getting in 3-4 posts per week would be what I would expect. Thats 1 every 2 days on average.

Regardless of what time zone anyone is in, thats 48 hrs between GM posts. Plenty of time to check the game and give your PCs 2 cents.  

Basically, the vast majority of posts where decisions were made were posted when I was asleep. By the time I had gotten around to making my own posts, people had already discussed, decided and moved on from the topic.

But either way, it shouldn't be a problem here, I think. Where's the game being held?

Ah I see.

We dont have anything rolling yet. Just a few interested players.

4 maybe?

Jer

Gurkhal

Nalerenn

Ygnar

Gurkhal and I found a game here: http://www.nerdbound.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

I'd be up for a 2nd one. If someone wants to run something.

As for where, whatever works. As long as its not blocked where I work I'm fine with wherever.

I hate this forum, any place that doesnt have email notification of posts is a big thumbs down.

If you guys are in need of another, count me in. Up for any of the 40k RPG's. Can post daily, am located in the Central time zone. Just give me a shout if there is a spot open.

We could always do our own forum, www.freeforums.org has a 30 ad free thing going on, and I think it is what some of the other games are being played on.

adding swampdog to the mix brings us to:

Jer

Gurkhal

Nalerenn

Ygnar

Swampdog

Do we have anyone capable and willing to GM yet?

I know it might be a ways out, but what were people thinking for classes? Might get the creative jucies flowing. I was thinking Apothecary myself. Seems like they don't  get much love. Thoughts?

I'm playing a Devastator in the other game I just joined. 

If I got into a 2nd I'd want to try an Assault Marine. Probably a Blood Angel.