Sign in to follow this  
Shadowspawn2

Leaving Warhammer 3E

I'm hanging my Warhammer 3E hat up and moving on to Deathwatch and Dark Heresy. I'm going to be putting my entire collection up on Ebay, so if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you a link.

Shadowspawn

I don't think I've ever deliberately* got rid of an RPG I actually played.

(*I did lose my entire collection of RPG stuff accidentally once though.)

After giving it many many tries, I just found that that the same isn't for me. We prefer Deathwatch, Rogue Trader and Warhammer 2nd Edition.

Its about 800 dollars worth of WFRP3 material (including three boxed sets and Journey to Blackfire Pass with the career cards) for less than half. It would be great for someone getting into the game.  

You should just give to someone you know who will use it. You have got way too much disposable income to spend $800 on something you don't like:) I will gladly take blackfire pass with career cards off your hands. 

Bindlespin said:

You should just give to someone you know who will use it. You have got way too much disposable income to spend $800 on something you don't like:) I will gladly take blackfire pass with career cards off your hands. 

I didn't like the game at first, then I decided to give it a chance after I got some Amazon gift certificates... I love the quality and artwork in the books, so I didn't mind spending the money on it. My group and I tried several times to get into the game, but after playing for a while decided it wasn't for us. 

I'm afraid I'm selling it as a complete lot at this point. 

I've been gaming for twenty years and I've collected hundreds of gaming books, not to mention my novels and other books. I'm tired of moving stuff I haven't used in a decade or more, novel''s I'm never going to read again. I've been selling my gaming books at the local gaming conventions and I'm sorry I didn't get rid of some of them years ago when the games were popular. My chances of actually getting anything for the twenty or so West End Games Star Wars books I have is next to nothing. If you're positive you're not going to use it again, sell it while you can still get some cash for it.

Bindlespin said:

@Shadowspawn: too fiddly? what was the deciding factor? just curious.

Yeah, that was my main concern from the start, just too.. fiddly, it felt like the game was getting in the way of the story rather than making it easier to facilitate it. I know there are ways to alleviate and we tried them all, in the end we just found it wasn't worth it. I think FFG had some great ideas and the groundwork exists for a really good game though.

There were other reasons as well, but the drawbacks to this game have been gone over many times here on these forums.