Sign in to follow this  
Rorschach Six

Reckless Dice Podcast Episode 6 - Magic and Faith

A couple of critiques.

1. @ Jesse - Please stop talking over Paul and Lester. I've been noticing this over the last few episodes. Everyone deserves their equal share of of on air time. When you got "anywayed" by Paul in episode 6, I was quite proud of him for finally recognizing an ongoing issue. It was subtle, but at least he recognized it.

2. Preparation: It seems only Paul reads through the rules or prepares for discussions about the podcast topics ahead of time. Before you guys go to podcast, it might be a good idea to brush up on the rules being discussed during that podcast. It doesn't come across well if only one or two of the three of you knows the rules and the others start to argue it.

Overall, you guys have a very good podcast, so please keep it up. For the few areas of concern I alluded to above, the podcasts have  been going extremely well. I appreciate the time you gentlemen put in.

I appreciate the feedback LeBlanc (and not just because of the praise for me :) ). I don't have a real issue with our style of speaking over each other. I like that we avoid dead air and smoothly (most of the time) transition from one speaker to another. It's a pet peeve of mine in podcasts when the panel is obviously fumbling for the next person to speak or a topic to discuss. But there is a balance and speaking as the producer (i.e. editor) I appreciate not having to edit out dead air.

The System Spotlight is my baby. As the most rules-orthodox of the crew I'm okay with taking the lead on that segment, just as Jesse herds the cats to prep the Q&A. If I do get a little lecture-y thought please let me know.

Thanks for listening!

I've had enough of Jesse and his loud mouth.............. jerk              gui%C3%B1o.gif

I jest of course, Jesse is great, if just a bit to excitable  gran_risa.gif.

Thanks LeBlanc I feel that both Paul and Jesse have been doing a fantastic job providing the community and the world with solid insights on WHFRP 3e.  I'm just lucky enough to have been invited to participate.  As for rules I do agree that we could have been more clear on the steps and skills needed for spell casting and invoking blessings, and it needs to be said that I'm a fluff guy not a rules lawyer so Paul will be he whom you'd best listen to when rules are in question.  But I'm with Paul in that I feel its a good thing to try and avoid dead air, and also give the feeling of a room of guys talking about something they genuinely enjoy.  So the slight overlapping chatter is cool with me.