Sign in to follow this  
Battle_Sister_Huber

Questions and confusion

i once again agree with siranui and selanus about handing out the corruption points and arkhan and deinol about that being a marine dosent meant being a jerk in fact being a marine or sister means you should be a paragon of the imperium 

and i wish this group was like jesus jhons 

thankfully my other 2 groups of FFG 40k games are doing well 

one ive already told you about and the others a game on saturdays with a confessor a sister famulous

ive been talking with the GM about this matter and well he thinks that whats going on is this 

he thinks the marine players are acting like heretics and are weather they realise it or not bullying me all from the same source

namely he thinks the issue is that they thought them selves untouchable as marines and incomparable as marines too other forms of character

thus he thinks its from this arrogance that the heretical behaviour is stemming and that its from my sister not only holding her own at range but having equal/better armour and defences but less wounds and having her faith powers etc and excelling them in melee that has gotten there noses a bit out of joint 

thus he thinks the marine players are bullying me out of a resentment that my character is there equal in most things but that for everything they have something there better at my sister has something shes better than them at in other words he thinks there problem is that there noses have been put out of joint that i am actually there equal

but he thinks there main issue obviously isnt with where there better than me but where i am better than them (in combat with daemons for example) h thinks the issue is mainly an ego an ego that my character just bye joining has annoyed

(mind you anyone playing the game just for fun or who has read 40k lore and would realise the battle sisters are the female counter part too the marines wouldnt)

as for the heretical corrupt behaviour he has been thinking on what too do about this (especially when they threatened my characters life several times) in short he knows if he punish's one he must do them all and thats where he is hitting a wall

he's afraid if he punishes them that they'll just get worse and that then he'll have too kill them all or force retire there characters and that that will kill his game because then he will only have my sister left but at the same time he has stated he does know and is aware there acting like chaos marines not marines and knows he needs too do something about it he actually stated especially seeing as its gotten too the level of threatening my character

he also stated that if they did kill her he would have the inquisition investigate and them and the sister hood wipe them

he also stated that if he found out it was a personal issue he would not only understand me leaving that group but that he also would himself but for now he doe's not think thats the case he thinks its just insulted ego's 

anyways i figured id inform you guys of updates upon this issue 

Hmm interesting update, it's good to hear that the GM is also seeing the problem. That may at least be a first step towards a solution. I understand that he has certain reservations about punishing them all (even if they highly deserve it). Considering their immature behaviour so far, that could destroy the group.

If i were the GM, I'd definitely go and have a talk with them outgame. I'd point out in a friendly manner that their characters behave in a way which is utterly and completely inacceptable and that they have to change something. I'd also point out the reasons why a marine would not act in such way (perhaps they are pretty new to W40K and do not fully understand what it means to be a space marine yet).

If they, after having heard the reasons why their behavior is wrong, still refuse to accept your sister in their team, then they really are immature bullies and you should not bother roleplaying with them. 

Did your GM say he was going to actively do something about their behavior?

So far, it sounds like he is hesitant to really confront these problem players and potentially lose the group as a result.  If he is more concerned about losing them, I say get out now and quit wasting your time since it is not enjoyable for you.  And if he is more concerned about losing these losers....wow.

There NEEDS to be consequences for their actions.   

Battle_Sister_Huber said:

(mind you anyone playing the game just for fun or who has read 40k lore and would realise the battle sisters are the female counter part too the marines wouldnt)

as for the heretical corrupt behaviour he has been thinking on what too do about this (especially when they threatened my characters life several times) in short he knows if he punish's one he must do them all and thats where he is hitting a wall

he's afraid if he punishes them that they'll just get worse and that then he'll have too kill them

I'm sorry, but this has been killing me.

It's "to" not "too"

Now that that's out of the way, I have to agree that an out of character intervention is most important.  The GM needs to talk to them as people, not punish them in game.

for your "friend"

as a man...i like to crash this "stupid monkey"....

as a space wolf...I call they "heretic stupid monkey"...an then kill'em all...

as a watch captain...I immediately purge this "heretic stupid monkey"...

as a game master...I take this space marine for the traitor legion and they become "NPC heretic stupid monkey"

If you want to deal with this ingame... kindly ask the sisterhood/AdMech if they would mind hardwiring a harddrive to the auto-senses (camera and microphone) of your power armour. Then record the crap they're spouting during the mission. Make a few copies, gift-wrap them with a spiffy fleur-de-lys motif and hand them over to your Inquisitorial liaison, Watch Commander and possibly the nearest Canoness (if the other Space Marines nearby are getting uppity about their purity tests). Ask for a front row seat during the execution.

However, it seems like an out-game approach may be more helpful. As you've already tried the GM, it's probably best to be blunt - ask him whether he'd prefer standing up to his players or losing you.

PURITY TESTS, MY LEFT GONAD! THE INQUISITION IS NEVAH GETTING INTO THE FANG OR THE ROCK! Sure the Sisters repelled a tenth their number with the assistance of Terra's automated defense systems, but on my home ground, I rather think things would turn out differently.

Edit: I wouldn't come back to the game, and no friend of mine would hold it against me. Also, corruption points are Chaos energy, I think that Insanity  points might be a better idea.

I BELIEVE THAT THEY´RE ACTING LIKE DOUCHEBAGS AND I BELIEVE IT´S MORE THE PLAYERS TALKING THAN THE CHARACTER, ALTOUGH THERE ARE SOME CHAPTERS WHO MAY DEEM CERTAIN KINDS OF IMPERIAL SERVANTS AS CORRUPT OR IMPURE(BLACK TEMPLARS HATE LIBRARIANS),  THERE´S ACTUALLY NO REASON,(AS LONG AS THEY´RE NOT ULTRAMARINES WITH HIGH LEVELS OF PRIMARCH CURSE) FOR A SPACE MARINE TO DEEM ANOTHER SERVANT OF THE IMPERIUM AS AN ENEMY, AS LONG AS THERE ISN´T ANY BACKGROUND FOR SAID CHARACTER FOR WICH THEY´LL BE  RESENTFUL TO SAID FACTION, THERE´S OF COURSE CERTAIN CHAPTERS WHO´RE NOT SPECIALLY LOVING OF THE COMMON MEN, DARK ANGELS COME TO MIND, BUT THEY DON´T ACTUALLY HATE THEM FOR STARTERS!!!......AND THE STUPIDEST ARGUMENT COMMES FROM THE LIBRARIAN....."YOU´RE HERTICUS AND I HATE YOU"........WTF!¿!¿?!¿!?!........THEY´RE ON THE SAME "BODY"(THE INQUISITION), BUT REPRESENT DIFERENT HANDS.....IN RETROSPECTIVE I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE GAME....IT´S PRETY CLEAR YOU´RE NOT HAVING FUN............AND THE IDEA IS TO HAVE FUN...........TAKE CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a GM, I would assign all the important things to the player getting picked on. The mission needs a Teliport Homer? Well you better be nice to the nice Sister holding it or she will leave your asses.

The vaults of the Watch Station see it fit to hand over a Vortex Grenade? Guess where that is going.

The point is, If I saw a problem as the GM, I would try and fix it out of game and ingame. The only "God" in the room is the GM, everyone else are just actors.

The whole point of games are to have fun, and if that isn't happening then just walk away. And if you want to ICly be on par with them? Ask the GM to see if he can assign a Vortex Grenade to ya or something from the Hereticus, If they want to kill you, you can take them to hell (Litterally as it sucks them into the Warp) with ya.

Would love to join your game just to help you kill these Chaos Marines.

just want to say to the Librarian before killing him "There is only one true God and he is the empore of Mankind"

Mattman375 said:

.just want to say to the Librarian before killing him "There is only one true God and he is the empore of Mankind"

Most space marines would disagree on that one.

My group just started playing a short time ago. And while some of the group knew little about 40K amd others quite a bit, and both genders (the group is at present a space wolf rune priest, an ultramarine tactical marine, a tech marine, and a female who was originally going to be a calyxis assassin but now going to be a desparado as gm not sure player can play the calyxis mindset), we all managed to make characters who get along...  Granted, the group is presently already renegade, somewhat close to chaos, but that was from the get go, gm asked before first game what our oog goals were and mine was to ultimately go down in a hail of melta fire laid down by a deathwatch kill team because every regular chapter group we'd come against we beat....

Anyway, my point is, even when we found the non-space marine, there was never any of the I'm better than you mindset from the marines that I know of other than good natured teasing that the (at the time) assassin couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...  We'd only played together one time before...  All in all, I'm hoping that your group of players just don't have much exposure to WH40K and therefore are playing the chars that way by dint of misunderstanding... But looking at what you've posted it looks like they are being a clique and not accepting of new characters and should be tossed like a live grenade with the pin pulled...  Maybe get your friend to join one of the groups you're in so he still has a group to be with, and leave the clique to drift alone in the warp.