Sign in to follow this  
faith_star83

Art from the Games or from the book?

I am a big fan of the books and what I like about ffgs games is the original artwork they provide. Especially in respect to the upcoming HBO series I really appreciate there being some original artwork, rather than just screenshots taken from the series.

I feel that artwork more often comes close to my own imagining of the books' characters.

What I wonder about this Artbook though is if there is also some art done just for this book or ist just a collection of artwork from the card- and boardgame? I do like the the artwork of the games, so I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Guest Not In Sample

http://www.amazon.com/Art-George-Martins-Song-Fire/dp/1589942183/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1287584927&sr=8-1

Woot! It's up on amazon now for $19.77. Their webpage still shows the old cover, but it says it's a hardcover -- which should mean that it's either the collector's edition or the revised edition; plus, because the old one is no longer in print, the price for it was much higher -- so this has to be the new one.

This is really a great book. Beautifully done and bound. The pages are thick and glossy. Unfortunately I don't have much else to say except to echo the earlier review. This book is a MUST for any Song of Ice and Fire fan, and would definitely make a good Holiday gift!