Sign in to follow this  
Asajev

"Storm" Drop Pod Launch Bay - Question

I will be making an assumption but this component does not come with the drop pods does it. If it does not how would the Acquisition roll look like to get a full load of drop pods for this component.

I rule that components come with everything they need to run correctly if you've bought them for your ship. Macrobatteries come with ammunition, cargo bays come with hauling craft, extended supply vaults come with extra supplies and so on. This appears to be the case in the rules anyway; a drop pod launch bay wouldn't provide any bonus at all if it didn't have any pods - same with things like a barracks: you wouldn't get a large bonus to military objectives if the thing was just sitting there, empty and doing nothing.

I personally rule that they are the equivalent of a regiment size of House Troops unless you do an acquisition test for Imperial Guard Regiments. Rough numeric count I guess 1000-5000 Soldiers plus the gear.

For the barracks, I estimated 5000 personnel before BFK came out - I don't know if it has any rules concerning barracks in there. I based the number off the smallest self-sufficent military organisation I could find at the time (Brigade Combat Team). So the Barracks would have 5000 personnel including Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery and command/support elements (including mechanics, combat engineers, medics, etc).

How many men the barracks comes with should depend, in part, on what type of troops you want. Better troops, like armor or mechanized infantry, should come in smaller quantities than feral world light infantry, for instance.