Sign in to follow this  
Lyra2

Kingsmoot Card

I'm curious about the Kingsmoot event card.

Response: After you win dominance, kneel 2 standing Ironborn characters to choose and stand a Lord or Lady character. Then, that character claims 2 power and you draw 2 cards.

Does that mean that those two cards you kneel do not stand for the next round?

Also on the plot cards, if they say, "if you have more than one opponent," that means that if it is two player, the text does nothing right?

Thanks.

Lyra said:

Response: After you win dominance, kneel 2 standing Ironborn characters to choose and stand a Lord or Lady character. Then, that character claims 2 power and you draw 2 cards.

Why wouldn't they stand?

Lyra said:

Also on the plot cards, if they say, "if you have more than one opponent," that means that if it is two player, the text does nothing right?

I've tried to argue that I'm my worst opponent, but my friends would have none of it. You are correct.

Lyra said:

The two cards that you knelt in the dominance phase would stand in the standing phase. 

ZombiePrime said:

Lyra said:

The two cards that you knelt in the dominance phase would stand in the standing phase. 

One of them can even stand immediately if it's Lord or Lady.

Rogue30 said:

ZombiePrime said:

Lyra said:

One of them can even stand immediately if it's Lord or Lady.

I would think that would be the case if the card read:

Response: After you win dominance, kneel 2 standing ironborn character, THEN stand a Lord or Lady character.  Then, that character claims 2 power and you draw 2 cards. 

but not as the card is presented currently. 

ZombiePrime said:

I would think that would be the case if the card read:

Response: After you win dominance, kneel 2 standing ironborn character, THEN stand a Lord or Lady character.  Then, that character claims 2 power and you draw 2 cards. 

but not as the card is presented currently.

With this game's timing structure, it doesn't need to.

Kneeling the two Ironborn characters to pay the cost and choosing the Lord/Lady (who doesn't have to be kneeling when it is chosen...) are both part of initiation. Cost is paid completely (so the Ironborn characters change their status to "knelt") as part of the initiation.

During the subsequent resolution, the chosen Lord/Lady character stands. And if its status successfully goes from "knelt" to "standing," the claim power/draw component gets to successfully resolve, too. Since the "knelt" status happened completely during initiation (Step 1), the Lord/Lady can successfully change back from "knelt" to "standing" during resolution (Step 3).

Rogue30 is right. It works just fine if one of the 2 standing Ironborn characters used to pay the cost is also the Lord/Lady chosen for the resolution.

I thought the timing structure was more like Red Wedding where you must select all of the characters involved and each item must be fullfilled by a different character.  I do see how it is properly sequenced now.