Sign in to follow this  
ffgfan

Legends - is comming!

Doc9 said:

ffgfan said:

Wytefang said:

Incorrect.  Sorry man...you REALLY need a better source, methinks!  :P

This is not my source - this is the news from a publisher from Spain. And read correctly - I wrote - May 2011 in the next news. It's the release date from EdgeEnt.com - Spain. So in June 2011 it should be avaliable in Europe according to this. And I was looking there was a couple of last month for release dates and they were correct. Of course they are updated when the game changes status, so this can change. But the last dates that they showed like Omens Of Ruin or The Chaos Moon were correct.

FFG marked it as being "on the boat"...looks like you may have been correct again ffgfan.

Ah, because that means it'll be here in a month?  Yeah, okay. 

I think the term you meant to use was "wow, you may be right THIS time or for a change."   ;)

So Legends are on the boat, so they could be released in may 2011. Hmm, and who was right? lengua.gif

PS. I really don't know why hasn't someone post those here:

chaos-capital-with-legend.png

legends-karl-franz-close.pngwch-22-legends-armed-to-da-teef.pngwch-22-legends-oozing-eye.png

And from this we can only gues what Actions the other Legends will have.

legends-fan.png

I can only hope that the other Chaos Legend (Kairos if I'm correct) will have a better Action then Archoan.

Dam said:

My FLGS lists Legends as ca June 2011

This could be, May 2011 is not a 100% certain release date. I would say it depends how long will it be on the boat.

Philos said:

@Wytefang: Sore loser gui%C3%B1o.gif

Nah, it's a bit confusing since I know that my info-source is more accurate, overall, and this earlier release date was not what I'd been told.  It's a win for everyone if this great new expansion comes out sooner.  Trust me, there are some great cards in that set.  ;)

Whitefang has once again been proven wrong and he is understandably upset by this. Don't mind him. He'll be OK. He'll somehow convince himself that he is right. Nothing but respect for you whitefang.

Oh joy, we have another troll here.  Just what this site needs.  And when you get done acting the part, go learn how to spell other user's names.

Or should we call you Dooc9? 

I could care less who is right or wrong - the fact (something you've ignored previously when explained to you) is that folks need to take anything they hear here with a grain of salt unless it comes from Lukas himself. 

ffgfan said:

And from this we can only gues what Actions the other Legends will have.

legends-fan.png

I can only hope that the other Chaos Legend (Kairos if I'm correct) will have a better Action then Archoan.

Is there more than one legend per faction in the expansion ? That's good to know.
From the image, the orc legend seems to have a constant effect, probably related to the self damage theme.

Thanks for all the info you're providing, ffgfan. We all know release dates are not set in stone but it's good to know an estimated date of release.

I think Melekith's action will be:

Action: At the beggining of your turn each opponent must sacrifice a unit he controls.

Azhag:

Action: Each damaged unit under your control cannot be targeted by opponents card effects.

Well this is just my wicked imagination, so dont take it serious. 

lame, i wondered what awesome content there was to keep this thread alive... its just whytefang hate. You've all said your point, move on.

RE: Legends, can anyone guess how legends attacking or targeting legends to kill them in combat / with tactics will work? (I bet whytefang knows :P)

JayDe said:

RE: Legends, can anyone guess how legends attacking or targeting legends to kill them in combat / with tactics will work? (I bet whytefang knows :P)

From the legends website:

"But striking at a legend, much less killing one, is no easy task. First, since legends represent an entirely new card type, they are not subject to effects that target units, support, or tactic cards. Any card that directly targets legends is likely to be appropriately costly, so devoting the resources (and valuable space in your finely constructed deck) to assassinate a legend can be a difficult proposition."

So I think that normal target effects don't work but there will be anti-legend cards in the expansion. It's also said that you can assign damage either to the legend or the capital zone where you attacked.

btw. come on guys the name is spelled Wytefang it's not that hard ;)

Allow me to clarify and I think FFG Fan knows this.  I quite like FFG Fan.  He's a cool dude who has been nothing but super enthusiastic about the game.  However, it does grate on mine (and others') nerves at times when someone who is not in contact with the powers that be claims to know more than those of us who do get the occasional bit of inside info.  Plus it's fairly confusing to hear that he's hearing things somehow that don't match what some of us DO know about such things.  At that point it is definitely hard to know what to think.

Believe me, I want these sets to come out asap.  If they do, that's excellent.  If not, they'll arrive eventually.

I've never really understood the deep need for dark secrecy over some of this stuff but such is the FFG way.  I'm grateful I got the chance to playtest for the next cycle of cards though I probably won't have the time to do something like that again, in all likelihood.

So let's move on and discuss Legends.  What do people HOPE they get in this new set?  What omissions from Legends would disappoint you?

Wytefang - with all respect that I have for You - I'm just writening about thing I found on the net and nothing more. So I hope no hard feeling.

The release date for Legends is June according to the stores and publishers in Europe. So it will be not to long and we will get it. That's the good news. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I even pre-ordered my copy just yesterday. I'm happy and excited.

Gerson - as far as I know every race has two Legends cards in this expansions.

No worries at all FFG Fan.  I would have written back to your earlier messages to me but I only just recently figured out how to message someone using the FFG forum software (which is a rather unusual forum software from my experiences).

I'm glad someone is excited enough to post stuff like this, either way...right or wrong. 

Wytefang said:

I'm grateful I got the chance to playtest for the next cycle of cards though I probably won't have the time to do something like that again, in all likelihood.

So let's move on and discuss Legends.  What do people HOPE they get in this new set?  What omissions from Legends would disappoint you?

So I see there is actually someone who TEST this game. Good to hear that, but I am asking where are guys responsible for sick ideas like Hemmler's or minning tunnel's cost. Was it actually tested? Doubt that.

What do I expect? More balance to this game. I am playing order since I am sharing this game with my friend who took destro, but I am not happy with winning 80% of games with my empire deck without big effort.

Restricting few cards is a good move, but I would expect better cards mainly for HE and Chaos. Recently we tried to construct DE/Chaos on new chaos support and guess what. I found JUST one unit from Chaos which actualy is usefull in this deck. And like 2-3 more usefull units overall. Something has to be done. Same goes for HE, they're lack of control from enemy and they doesnt have enough protection for their units. 2 kinds of tactic cancelation isnt enough. I am looking forward for a good HE unit which could be placed in Kingdom/Quest, because so far I can name only Dreamer of dragons and envoy. But this unit needs some "enemy oriented action"

I love people who have never playtested complaining about playtesting.  I have playtested various games over the years, and it has limitations.  Wizards (Magic the Gathering) pays their playtesters well, and is VERY profitable game...but they still have bannings.  Same with Decipher in the day, or Yu-gi-oh or whatever game you can imagine. 

Here are the facts on smaller game playtesting:

1.  They are not paid.  You get what you pay for.

2.  Many times, they switch playtesters for time reasons (or other reasons).  Many times you didn't playtest the last two cycles that haven't even came out yet.

3.  The company in no way is required to listen to their playtesters.  I remember once in Game of Thrones when the company decided to add the largest component of a main set after playtesting (Cannot Be Killed, a horrible mechanic).  Many times issues are found, and ignored or change in a fashion that doesn't work after playtesting. 

4.  Time constraints.  Sometimes the printers have an opening, and I have seen playtesting cycles last only a week. 

5.  You usually don't know about bannings/erratta (either card or rules) that will be happening in the 6-12 months before what you are playtesting hits the shelves.

It is a pretty thankless job, made worse by Tuesday Morning quarterbacks who have never done it...and obviously never made any mistakes in their life when looking at thousands of combos or pieces of data  lengua.gif

rings said:

I love people who have never playtested complaining about playtesting.  I have playtested various games over the years, and it has limitations.  Wizards (Magic the Gathering) pays their playtesters well, and is VERY profitable game...but they still have bannings.  Same with Decipher in the day, or Yu-gi-oh or whatever game you can imagine. 

Here are the facts on smaller game playtesting:

Also, a lot of the confusing/broken cards are from earlier sets where they weren't sure if the game would even succeed, and probably had an even smaller pool of playtesters than they do now.  While there are still mistakes and card combos that are overlooked, I think the quality/consistency of the sets has improved over time.

I totally agree with rings and Entropy here.  I know that anyone who does playtesting for W:I or other games appreciates that there are people who know that they are making their best effort.

Certainly things fall through the cracks (I personally think that the empire and dwarf development buildings should probably only have removed 1 hammer for example) but I know the play testers do their best and as you said, they are not the final authotities on anything.