Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cim2

Revised Dark Pharaoh expansion

Recommended Posts

cim said:

 

cim said:

 

so probably not much change to the content there either

 

 

I say that, but actually, looking at the cards there, the Masks are not the same, so maybe there's been some revision to the Exhibit items.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Arkham_Horror/Dark%20Pharaoh%20revised/ah-codprevised-cardfan.png
Mask o[f the?] Black P[haroah?]: Any Ph[ase] [...] to eith[er] [...] instead [...] a Will [...] instead [...?]

That's very different from the old one. I wonder what it does.

 

The Tainted detriment hiding behind those two seems to have some extra wording at the top of it, too.

 

Okay... maybe there will be more new content there. (Combine old and new Curse for double the Egyptian goodness? And some really bizarre FAQs "When it says to get the Triune mask, can I choose which Mask of the Three Fates I want, or do I get whichever is closer the top of the Exhibit deck?")

 

 

 

Yeah...  I guess if they've significantly changed the cards I'll buy the new version (and it'd be nice to have three extra fight ancient one Other World cards (maybe they added some more).

It'd be really nice if they actually told those of us who already own the game whether the "revised" version is really new enough to justify our spending another $30.  So, hopefully that'll be disclosed in the near future (since in the meanwhile I will not pre-order this).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel rather down, I just picked up a copy of DP last week after spending months trying to hunt down a copy, now it appears obsolete and I must spend another £20 to get the updated version = £40 - Ah well I will probably be a glutton and buy the revised edition regardless..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like several of the recent posters in this forum I feel a little disappointed/let down by FFG. I picked up Arkham Horror in November and cannot praise the game highly enough (the moreso that it plays so well solitaire). I have reccomended it to friends who have also purchased the base game and are full of praise for it. I managed to obtain all the expansions by the end of January (including the elusive Dunwich Horror - after being stung twice by companies that sent me the German edition!). I now read with some dismay that the reprint of CotDP is a revised edition...

I find FFG a touch disingenuous here. Why is there no indication on the site of the fact that the 'reprint' will in fact be a revision of the original product. I know that perhaps I should not have reacted in haste and snapped up the expansions at often over inflated prices - but now feel a little cheated by FFG that there seems to have been no warning that a revised (and presumably better) expansion was being planned.

I am currently trying to track down an affordable WAR OF THE RING - and now wonder whether I should bother since the reprint in September may well be revised (for the better) anyway.

This forum is a great place to share enthusiasm for the game - but I sometimes wonder whether anyone from FFG actually reads what we discuss and write.

E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided that I do like the sound of this and probably will replace my old one. I like:

Easier access to exhibit items through the whisperer token (or whatever it was).

Exhibit encounters to make their pursuit more interesting.

The police tokens replacing the ineffectual and rare barred from the neighbourhood cards.

 

I would like to see them alter how you draw benefit and detriment cards; nobody has ever had one in any game I've played!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugh...as cool as it is that they are attempting to fix some problems with the expansion i really hope they don't do this with ALL of the expansions for my wallets sake.... I guess if you really like the expansion though and are sick of dilution you could add both into your deck to add some extra anti-curse dilution xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it looks like the whispers token will act as sufficient anti-curse-dilution. It would be nice if something like this was done for Black Goat's cult encounters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tibs said:

Actually it looks like the whispers token will act as sufficient anti-curse-dilution. It would be nice if something like this was done for Black Goat's cult encounters.

I guess we'll see when we get Miskatonic, won't we :'/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elendil23 said:

Like several of the recent posters in this forum I feel a little disappointed/let down by FFG. I picked up Arkham Horror in November and cannot praise the game highly enough (the moreso that it plays so well solitaire). I have reccomended it to friends who have also purchased the base game and are full of praise for it. I managed to obtain all the expansions by the end of January (including the elusive Dunwich Horror - after being stung twice by companies that sent me the German edition!). I now read with some dismay that the reprint of CotDP is a revised edition...

I find FFG a touch disingenuous here. Why is there no indication on the site of the fact that the 'reprint' will in fact be a revision of the original product. I know that perhaps I should not have reacted in haste and snapped up the expansions at often over inflated prices - but now feel a little cheated by FFG that there seems to have been no warning that a revised (and presumably better) expansion was being planned.

I am currently trying to track down an affordable WAR OF THE RING - and now wonder whether I should bother since the reprint in September may well be revised (for the better) anyway.

This forum is a great place to share enthusiasm for the game - but I sometimes wonder whether anyone from FFG actually reads what we discuss and write.

E.

 

I bought the game in Spanish last month, and feel the same , now i feel i need to buy it again , and on top of that, to bring it from Spain, to bolivia, so i am also angry.  By the way, dont buy the War of the Ring yet, i saw in one article about it , i dont remember the name, that they plan to release it "revised" very soon, with the board 25% more bigger , and more alike to the one in Collector Edition, so DONT buy it , wait for the revised one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i guess i should have read the whole product description before i posted on the matter but upon reading the entire thing i noticed that it says "This expansion will be compatible with the upcoming Miskatonic Horror expansion, which will add new Exhibit Encounter and Exhibit Item cards." I was planning on buying Miskatonic Horror...but i am glad to see that we will get a taste of these Exhibit Encounters and i'm assuming it will give us a Whispers Marker to go with it....its funny that it says "new exhibit encounters" though...won't MH be coming out before the revised CotDP?... anyways I supposed its not bad to have the revised coming out for those who have been with AH from the start...but for those of us (and I think there are quite a few of us) who just recently got into the game within the past year it does feel kinda soon... still i would like to see exactly how much "new" stuff is included before I purchase the revised...i do really like the Exhibit Encounters deck idea though...and i kinda hope they add a similar mechanic for cult memberships...maybe a have a token that floats between the black cave/woods/unvisited isle and since its only those 3 locations it could be set up like a normal encounter card with the 3 locations (obviously 3 different colors but.... you get my point) happy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you could make some kind of token to represent the cult. Whenever a Clue appears in the Woods, Black Cave or Unvisitted Isle, move the Cult Token to that location. Remove the Cult Token if a gate opens in that location.

Upkeep: If an Investigator is in the same location as the Cult of One Thosuand, they may pay one Sanity and one Stamina to gain a Clue token and take a Cult of One Thosuand membership.

(I added the Clue as an incentive, as most of the Co1000 encounters aren't as good as the regular encounters at those locations)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RocksLikeToast said:

....its funny that it says "new exhibit encounters" though...won't MH be coming out before the revised CotDP?...

Just because Miskatonic was announced first doesn't mean it will be released first.

Also, only one period is used to end a sentence, and a comma is used to denote a pause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not happy about FFG doing this. I already own this expansion. Surely they could have just updated the relevant cards in MH instead like they did a few expansions ago with a handful of cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They possibly set out to do these changes in MH but the DP stuff became too much for the target size so they decided to redevelop it into a revised edition, lots of products in the gaming industry begin their lives on the cutting room floor for another project. As for the 12 vs 21 spell thing? They probably had to cut something to accommodate the new content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, there are only 12 spells? Interesting. Well this might be another cool way to "combine" both versions of the expansion. If they took out "Escape From Arkham Asylum," for example, I'm keeping it in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to have just been a typo - it's back to 21 now. (Still, the CotDP spells are good enough that I wouldn't mind having double the copies in the giant spell deck) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...