Sign in to follow this  
Darth Smeg

Amazon will not ship Dead Stars to me :(

All other FFG products I've ordered have gone through without hitch, but for some reason, Dead Stars have shipping restrictions preventing it from being delivered to Norway. Tried both .com and .co.uk, but no dice.

What makes Dead Stars so special?

Darth Smeg said:

All other FFG products I've ordered have gone through without hitch, but for some reason, Dead Stars have shipping restrictions preventing it from being delivered to Norway. Tried both .com and .co.uk, but no dice.

What makes Dead Stars so special?

I have no idea, but maybe you can order from Outland http://www.outland.no/product.cfm?id=42552&path=212

or buy it in their stores In Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim Kristiansand or Stavanger.

Lykke til! ;)

Yeah me either, I had it in a massive order of other FFG stuff about 3 months ago, wouldn't ship that one book, couldn't work out why. I live in Australia, which is like, a totally different country.

Kid Kyoto said:

Weird, could it be an issue with Norway customs and not Amazon?  Does Norway ever ban the importation of certain books due to content?

Possibly, but since this book is under sale by a company, it is obviously allowed to import. A more likely reason might be that Amazon does ship all items because of special restrictions, customs etc. that they don't accept.

Thanks, just ordered from the book depository :)

I really do not understand why this one book should be "special". Norway have very lax cencorshipdo not place restrictions on import due to content. Nor could I see why this particular DH book should be "worse" than the rest.

*shrugs*

Oh well, the Book Depository had free shipping, so no biggie :)

Darth Smeg said:

I really do not understand why this one book should be "special". Norway have very lax cencorshipdo not place restrictions on import due to content. Nor could I see why this particular DH book should be "worse" than the rest.

*shrugs*

A possible explanation might be that Amazon messed it up as they put (the US Amazon at least) the book into the "Games and Toys" category, also labeling the book as posing a "choking hazard". So it might be a simple case of mislabeling.

csabesz said:

Darth Smeg said:

*shrugs*

A possible explanation might be that Amazon messed it up as they put (the US Amazon at least) the book into the "Games and Toys" category, also labeling the book as posing a "choking hazard". So it might be a simple case of mislabeling.

Choking hazard aye? Is it really that bad a module? Lol!