Sign in to follow this  
RARodger

Another Product Confusion Thread

There was another thread on RPG.net about what products to buy. I half jokingly said I wanted to make a flow-chart to help people out. And then less-jokingly, I just did. So here's what I came up with. I'd love some feedback.

You may note that neither the GM's Vault nor the Player's Vault is listed as I A) don't have them, and B) don't really understand what niche they serve. My goal isn't necessarily to be complete or thorough, but to show a pretty clear answer to where to start.

productflowchart.png

Gladly. I would love for people to use it freely as these questions pop up.

I'm going to leave the thread here for a bit to give other people a  chance to provide feedback and then send you a copy.

Thanks.

That's great! aplauso.gif

Simple, informative, and it'll save me and many others lots of typing trying to explain the situation to (understandably) confused newcomers.

Thanks!

Great job, just a few recommendations: 

You need a link from "buying Guides" to the 3rd "Is that enough stuff" decision that leads to the adventures. Also you need to put Omens of War in the final "stuff" box since it's not covered by the Guides and Vaults.

RARodger said:

There was another thread on RPG.net about what products to buy. I half jokingly said I wanted to make a flow-chart to help people out. And then less-jokingly, I just did. So here's what I came up with. I'd love some feedback.

You may note that neither the GM's Vault nor the Player's Vault is listed as I A) don't have them, and B) don't really understand what niche they serve. My goal isn't necessarily to be complete or thorough, but to show a pretty clear answer to where to start.

productflowchart.png

Correction (possible...), from "Borrow the GM's" to GO PLAY, and then to "Is that enough stuff", you have a line with "Yes". That line should not be there. As players should not start buying adventures etc...

And from Buy the runious... to Is that enough stuff, you're missing a "Yes".

If you want to expand it further, then from "Buy the GM's/Players/Creature Guide, ask if you now want to use bitz anyway (change of heart), then write "Buy Players, GM's and Creatures Vault", and make a line to the step before "runious power".

But otherwise good.

Okay. My quoting came up all failures, and possibly a Chaos Star, so I'll just do this. But thanks for the feed back Spivo and Rosharch.

I'm a little torn on this because I want it to be concise and simple and the expansions after the Guides make it not concice and simple. But on the other hand, I don't want anyone to be surprised.

So, if you start with the Player's Guide, the Game Master's Guide and the Creature Guide, what information, and from what supplements, are you missing?

RARodger said:

So, if you start with the Player's Guide, the Game Master's Guide and the Creature Guide, what information, and from what supplements, are you missing?

You're missing all the adventures except An Eye for an Eye.

You're missing the long-form write-ups of the Creatures and NPCs, which includes the write-ups of all of their actions, from Winds of Magic, Signs of Faith, and all the adventures except An Eye or an Eye. (But you have summaries of all the Creatures and NPCs in the tables of the GM's Guide.)

You're missing everything from Witch's Song.

It might be worth adding something about the number of players, I need the players vault and the core set to cover basic actions for my group, I keep the ones from the ad toolkit for me when needed, also with such a large group it adds to the general action card pool, which would very quickly run low without the inserted repeats in regards to social, melee and ranged actions as well as advanced defences, obviously this will change with OOW but for basic actions if people dont want to or would prefer not to share, a players vault is needed for groups larger than three

Thanks Crimsonsun.