Sign in to follow this  
sinkarna

The gathering storm or The edge of night?

Alright I'm taking the plunge and buying one of them tomorrow, so to those of you who have both, the question is, which one should I buy? Or are they both really worth it and I guess I'll start with Gathering 1st? Please advise!

-Thanks!

Depends what you want, they are both decent adventures imop. Gathering is more combat oriented and includes cool rules for dark and gobo shaman magic, Edge has skaven stuff that's not in the Creature Guide and it's more social/investigative.. also Gatherings a bit longer as well, hope this helps.

Emirikol said:

Gathering storm.  Its a campaign.

WFRP3 needs another one of these btw.

jh

In the end I got both and I just received The wicth's song too! But we are just starting the gathering storm

Speaking of resources:

I made a players guide to Stromdorf (just clippings of the news from the forum and a list of locations and npcs for players to reference).  It's here:  dl.dropbox.com/u/167876/players%20guide%20to%20the%20gathering%20storm.pdf

Edge of Night has a location and NPC summary in Liber Fanatica #7's WFRP3 scenario, "Revenant."  It is not a players guide however unless the GM wanted to clip it.

liberfanatica.net/

I'll probably do something similar for witch's song as well.

Edge of Night really is fun if you are able to draw out the intrigues of the nobility and contrast the sewers, and can GM a ton of characters. Outside of an excellent Garden of Morr scene - I found GS kinda goofy and slapped together.

For my newest group I'm attempting to patch some of these adventures together in a more logical order but I may just "screen wipe" rather than try to get them across the map on a railroad. Trying to save Enemy Within for last, though. It seems like out of the current 3e content that's the one to build up to. If I can't encourage it to be epic enough I've got some 2e stuff I'll convert.

I ve found Gathering to be quite poorly built. It just a compilation of different kind of enemies put together just to show how the 3 edition works.

I really enjoyed Edge of the night because it was funny to manage all the different nobles and at the same time, thanks to the corruption rules, the whole group of character was forced to retire at the end of the adventure (it quite hard to play witha a scale covered stinking character or with  an incredibly fat furred one o without the face feature).

Amusing and deadly adventure. I could not ask anything else as a Master.