Sign in to follow this  
TheHunterBoy

(Un)Official Petition for new Descent stuff

so I now have a nearly complete Descent collection, but I ended up buying half of it from Amazon or whoever because they had gone out of print here.  My group discovered Descent about four months ago and we're all eagerly hoping that Descent will have some kind of resurrection.

I have more money in my wallet for Descent thingies....  I support previous comments made to revisit the rules of Sea of Blood and to create a consolidated rulebook, including balancing suggestions for various expansion combinations.

I'd also love more monsters.  New abilities are great if they can be balanced, but I'd settle for new monsters with different combinations of the existing abilities.  I think Descent has a good variety of abilities and skills, just would like to see some new monsters off the mold.  Monsters are my favorite part of opening a new expansion.  You could even theme them:

Descent Monster Pack:  Horrors of Earth.    Includes: mud slug, mummy, shadow fungus, cave dryad

Descent Monster Pack 2:  Horrors of Ether.   Includes: twin imps, souleater, clonewraith, mist dragon

i dunno.  make something up.

+1.

why would any of you buy MORE stuff that isn't correctly tested?  SoB is an EPIC failure and they have not commented on or fixed anything.  so a new expansion comes out and it is just like SoB, congratulations you just wasted another $50+ on a game. 

coupled with the fact that the newest FAQ has not been released, when it was anticipated in march, and now it is mid may.  open your eyes and see that FFG is not putting resources into Descent.

i for one, would love to see "new Descent stuff" AFTER they have fixed SoB and released a new FAQ and/or reorganized rule book.

duhtch said:

why would any of you buy MORE stuff that isn't correctly tested?  SoB is an EPIC failure and they have not commented on or fixed anything.  so a new expansion comes out and it is just like SoB, congratulations you just wasted another $50+ on a game. 

coupled with the fact that the newest FAQ has not been released, when it was anticipated in march, and now it is mid may.  open your eyes and see that FFG is not putting resources into Descent.

i for one, would love to see "new Descent stuff" AFTER they have fixed SoB and released a new FAQ and/or reorganized rule book.

+1

I want the same, and CARD expansions like runebound.

duhtch said:

One thing that I would want, is an online version, where I can play an advanced campaign with friends across the world.  You can use some sort of voice chat, to talk amongst each other.  This in my opinion would be rather simple.

Jorugburn said:

+1 for a revised and consolidated rulebook including base game and expacs as well as RtL and Sob rules.

I'd buy an official consolidated rulebook in a heartbeat.

I'd prefer some expansion that expands other expansions...such as Miscatonich Horror for Arkham Horror.

My favourite expansion would include new dungeon levels for the campaigns featuring tiles from other expansions (lava, contaminated soil...) and bosses from the other expansions (Trolls, Dark Elves, Kobolds, Chaos Beasts...).

This would make everything already possessed much more useful...

Of course this expansion should also include new characters (dwarves would be preferred since there are so few out there...).

New Items, Skills, and Feats would also be appreciated and since no expansion can go without some Overlord improvements, new Treachery cards and even new Monsters could be a nice addition.

My friends and I are almost done play-testing a new campaign that we created for Descent.  We should have it completed and sent to FFG within a month or two.

We have listened to your requests and have included many things that you have asked for....

• 6 New Heroes
  • 4 New Avatars
  • 9 New Monsters
  • New Plots, New Dungeon Levels, New Rumors, New Treasures, New Cannons, New Map, New Upgrades, New Feats, New Skills, a better organized, spell checked, and grammar checked rulebook, and much more.

Hopefully FFG likes our ideas and puts them into production.

If they do like our ideas, we have ideas for about 4 more expansions in the works...

I am a fan boy.

We did a LOT of work on this expansion.... lots of play-testing, research into their other games and what the consumers want from this game, created hundreds of new cards, monster figures, tiles (obstructions [wall spaces]), pulled things from other expansions, a new map, new city abilities, an organized and comprehensive rulebook, etc.  The only thing they'd have to do is put their stamp of approval on it and start manufacturing and re-packaging a few things that we took from other expansions.

If for some reason FFG might not want to put it into production, maybe we'll find a small business that will and see who might be interested.  If nothing else, my friends and I have lots... and I mean LOTS... of new content.

jharris261 said:

If for some reason FFG might not want to put it into production, maybe we'll find a small business that will and see who might be interested.  If nothing else, my friends and I have lots... and I mean LOTS... of new content.

I seriously doubt that FFG would permit you to distribute such material yourself if they decline to pick it up and print it.  FFG is pretty easy going as far as companies go, but I'm sure there are still limits.

Also, be wary that most companies have a policy to either deny all unsolicited submissions OR to claim that any and all submissions become their property the minute they receive it, to do with as they see fit.  I'm not sure which, if either, of those policies FFG employs as I haven't gone digging through their legalese.  I would recommend that you sit down and read through all the "terms and conditions" type pages you can find on this website before you go randomly sending FFG any of your own ideas, though.

If you're seriously trying to establish some kind of legal relationship to produce your content, it would behoove you to know FFG's position on establishing such relationships with random fan boys first.