Sign in to follow this  
TheHunterBoy

(Un)Official Petition for new Descent stuff

Ok, the time is now, and the title of this topic says all...

So, many people out there say that a new Descent expansion would be welcome....Well: let's see how many we are to say this!

Yes: we need new stuff (whatever) for our beloved Descent: new monsters, new cards, new tiles, new....something!!

If you want that FFG knew our request...well, you have just to post in this topic: I hope we'll be a lot!

This is only an (un)official petition...but would be useful to wake-up FFG (I hope..)!

Please, don't leave me alone...!!!!

+1 I have all expansions (expect Lieutenants) and I will buy almost anything for Descent.

What I'd like to see are more Monsters and plastic Lieutenants and more Quests that really use all the Expansion pieces.

Twisted soldier said:

i'm in. Don't let the game like this. This game need a better end than the sea of blood extension.

End? No... Descent can never end!!!

I want more expansions too, and I agree with Titeman for a new merged, reorganized and clarified rulebook.

I'd also like to see much more for the heroes (I haven't had the chance to try RtL and SoB yet, so not sure how much they added for the heroes there - but will get it soon!)

I'd like more tiles, trap tiles, deco tiles etc etc, more different kinds of treasure than just potions, coins and chests. And: more more more Descent! :)

I'd like a well playtested new campaign. We play every campaign just once, but since it is a +80-hour game that lasts us a year and a half (when we get to the final battle), that single game, at less than a buck per hour, is well worth the investment.

One new campaign every two years would be perfect for our frequence of play. happy.gif

Yes, I would love to see more things for Descent.

1)  I would like to see a 'character card' pack, with 6-10 characters, that comes with minis, sold as a set.

2)  I would like to see an Overlord card set new cards for the overlord, built to a theme.  'Traps!' for example, with a bunch of new trap types.  Could come with the tiles for these traps as well.

3)  I would like to see a 'monsters' set new monster minis (or even some of the ones we already know) with the proper stat/summon cards for them.

4)  I would like to see a 'tile' set more tiles for building your own dungeons, with perhaps additional tokens to go along with them.

5)  Would like to see stand-alone adventures (mini-campaigns) would could use any of the above.

Descent is an awesome game it does take a huge amount of money up front.  Selling things in 'packages' like this would reduce the cost, and allow FFG to release things a little at a time, which I'm certain people would collect.

Yes, Yes and Yes again to this.

Really don't mind what form something new takes. Even a new AC that doesn't have the issues that surround SoB would be good. Ideally a new Vanilla expansion with new monsters, heroes etc etc..

Or how about a new RtL/SoB expansion adding more Avatars, Lieutenants and Plots thus giving more flexibility and replayability to the stuff we already have. How about Avatars based around the expansion monsters, granted they wouldn't be much use if you only have the Base game and the AC expansions, but I suspect that a significant number of players have thoser expansions anyway.

Clearly, the New Arkham Horror expansion (sorry forgotten it's name right now) shows that FFG can think outside the box (excuse the pun) and take existing franchises in a new direction. So come on guys how about giving Descent some of this new love.

slaphead6 said:

Clearly, the New Arkham Horror expansion (sorry forgotten it's name right now) shows that FFG can think outside the box (excuse the pun) and take existing franchises in a new direction. So come on guys how about giving Descent some of this new love.

Miskatonic University, I think it's a first for FFG, an expansions that builds upon previous expansions. Normally FFG is good at expansions only requiring the base. I'd like to see a similar expansion for Descent, Cosmic Encounter, and any other of their boardgames that has expansions.

-shnar

+5 for me, my whole crew and I continually play this game normal expansion, or new advanced campaign, or even new overlord avatars and plots for the existing campaigns. whichever would be great, I would not like to see my favorite game just become another great game from the past.