Sign in to follow this  
ZillaPrime

Daemonhunters book?

Ok, I am eagerly (and impatiently) awaiting the arrival of the shiny new Daemonhunters book for DH.  Last I saw it was listed by FFG as "on the boat" but now it is entirely missing from both the upcoming products listing AND the catalogue....  So I have to ask, what's up?   What is the status of this book?  When can I spend money and give it a loving home?   Anyone know what is going on?

Was this book on the upcoming page? FFG usually doesn't put titles on that page until they are announced (i.e. at the printer status), and even then there is a minimum of 4-6 weeks wait until the book is actually in FLGS (and another 3-4 weeks from then on until a book appears at Amazon).

Last I checked we are waiting for the Apostaty Gambit Part 1 adventure booklet for Dark Heresy... although I'm also more interested in the Daemon Hunter book.

The PDF with the upcoming releases said Spring 2011 so it should at least be announced soon, unless there is some kind of delay. I agree releasing it around the same time as the Grey Knight codex for Warhammer 40K seems to be the right move. Hopefully FFG thinks the same way :)

I just noticed on that PDF it shows The Black Sepulchre book as a Winter 2011 release and it seems to be coming next. So I guess some things have been delayed and release dates changed.

I think FFG and GW are trying to get on the same page with their upcoming codex. and because of this, the product may be delayed slightly, with the addition of new units/assets(eg.: Dreadknight) that FFG was previously unaware of. A bit of last minute scrambling to get on the same page, I think, is whats going on. But I think it will make the final product more up to date and relevant. Too bad they can't come out and say this tho...with all the peeps waitin' for it and all...

Mithras said:

I think FFG and GW are trying to get on the same page with their upcoming codex. and because of this, the product may be delayed slightly, with the addition of new units/assets(eg.: Dreadknight) that FFG was previously unaware of. A bit of last minute scrambling to get on the same page, I think, is whats going on. But I think it will make the final product more up to date and relevant. Too bad they can't come out and say this tho...with all the peeps waitin' for it and all...

Wait! I don't Understand! That makes sense!!

gathrawny said:

Dulahan said:

And better, rules for using them with the Deathwatch book!  HUZZAH!

I actually don't really like that they're putting DW rules into DH books...

I agree, the two games are quite different, but I think that there will be only few paragraphs for rules conversion.