Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gitzman

UPDATED - Super Huge Detailed Map of the Warhammer Old World by Gitzman

68 posts in this topic

Dudes,

I'm very activly working on the next version of the SHDMotWOW which is to include the Dark Lands and Araby.  While i'm at it i'm looking for new content to be adding that i may have missed elsewhere on the map.  For example, new towns and locations mentioned in adventures (i know Black Fire Pass introduces a few new locations in the pass which i'm adding).

I'll likely post a thumbnail of the new map in the coming days to give you guys a teaser of how much bigger the new one is.

Gitzman

Gitzman,

I love the map and love the little buildings you did that represent the towns and cities. However, their scale and number kinda give the whole land a "well settled" feeling. Like the areas in-between are less threatening because there are cities everywhere.  I was wondering if their footprint on the land (scale), if it were smaller, would make the in-between areas look more threatening and unsettled? Maybe not. 

But love the map either way :)

Also, I think an Empire calender would be a nice addition to the site.

Gitzman said:

Dudes,

I'm very activly working on the next version of the SHDMotWOW which is to include the Dark Lands and Araby.  While i'm at it i'm looking for new content to be adding that i may have missed elsewhere on the map.  For example, new towns and locations mentioned in adventures (i know Black Fire Pass introduces a few new locations in the pass which i'm adding).

I'll likely post a thumbnail of the new map in the coming days to give you guys a teaser of how much bigger the new one is.

Gitzman

What about the village of Geissbach mention in Eye for an Eye?  I guess it is somewhere between Ubersreik and Bogenhafen?

Perfect!  I had forgotten that was mentioned and not on the map.  I'm familiar where it is. I've also added Grunwald Lodge, since its such a prominent location in the introductory adventure.

Regarding Scale:  The maps cities and locations are not representative of their actual size.  Instead they are more of a cartoony or artistic approach giving the sense and feal of the area and size of the city.  I know what you mean when you say that the empire is a little crowded.  But keep in mind that the empire is a little crowded, btu at the same time, some cities are 2+ days apart.  Try out the measuring tool and check it out. 

Gitz

Geissbach is on the scans I sent glitzman - though it is one  of several small villages I don't think the "Super Huge" map shows (there are 6 in this range around Ubersreik for example, 4 around Bogenhafen).

I'll have to look into what to do about those villages V. There are indeed several around Ubersreik, however there is limited space to fit towns and villages given teh design the map takes.  Some of those smaller villages will need to be left out in favor of more prominent ones. 

Geissbach on the other hand is directly referenced in an adventure and therefore should be added.  I'll have to see what other ones i can fit. Its getting crowded in there =)

Gitz

Perhaps just use simple dots for locations smaller than a town?  Is it possible to have tool tip names pop up while hovering over something?

Keep up the great work... I have been using your map in my game, letting the players know where they are.

Dudes,

VERY BIG UPDATE TO THE MAP
3x LARGER

Its been a busy weekend rendering the map for production and calling on the community (thank you Mr. McQuaid) to help slice it up for GoogleMaps but the Extra Super Huge Detailed Map of the Warhammer Old World is up!

New features of the updated map:

• The map is roughly 30,000px by 24,000px
  • The map now includes all of The Darklands
  • The map now includes The Mountains of Mourne (The Ogre Kingdoms)
  • The map now includes Araby & Khemri
  • The map now includes a Scale! (though its accuracy may be called into question, i'll work on it ;)
  • Revamped icons for Skaven and Greenskin locations, and a lot more of them throughout the empire and the Badlands
  • Smaller locations are not visible at far-out zoom levels, and only become visible as you get clsoer to help declutter the map.
  • All locations mentioned in WFRP3 supplements have been added, (Omens of War, Black Fire Pass, Grunwald Lodge, Geissbach, etc)
  • New & updated textures in several locations to increase visibility and reduce texture tiling.

The map is available in JPEG format at http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/Warhammer_Maps/index.html

The map is available in FULL SCREEN mode at http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/Warhammer_Maps/Full_Screen/oldworldmap.html

Enjoy!

Gitzman

P.S. I'd like to give a wag of my finger to Adobe and their Photoshop for not supporting 40,000 px dimension JPEGs, harumph.

Awesome!  So is "The Plain of Zharr" where all the Egyptian looking stuff is I see in the Warhammer MMO concept art?

The Egyptian stuff is from the Tomb Kings, (aka Khemri).  They are located Just south of the Badlands, and east of Araby.  Their capital is Khemri, and that pretty much represents the center of their realm.

The Plains of Zharr and all that jazz are pretty much the home of the Chaos Dwarves, Hobgoblins, Orcs, Goblins and Undead.

Gitz

Hello community!

So after quite a while of refusing to look at the eSHDMotWOW i decided to give it a quick upgrade to take into account the new content that has been released.  The new upgrades include:

• New Locations from Hero's Call (Tufelhoff and Schlusselschloss) near Ubersreik.
  • All locations from the Ogre Kingdoms in the Mountains of Mourn
  • New Orc & Goblin settlements
  • New Ogre settlements
  • New Skaven settlements
  • Brass Keep is not properly labeled as a Chaos Stronghold
  • Adjustments to some of the image tiling so they do not appear to have a repetetive pattern.

The eSHDMotWOW is available to view in an interactive web viewer at RecklessDice.com

The eSHDMotWOW is available to download at GitzmansGallery.com 

Massive thanks, Gitzman!

As being new to WFRP (past 2 months) can I say a big thank you for your resource site - love the maps and your recently-updated character sheet have been a huge help :)

Ehy, am i wrong...or the map once came whit some nice tools to measure distances and so on?

They are gone now?! :(

Maybe the chaos is over me and memories are falling me... -.-

yes the map did have those tools and does not now, it was explained (not sure if in this thread or elsewhere) that it became too challenging to do that reliably.

Edited by valvorik