Sign in to follow this  
Colon Calculator

Can we get a rumor?!!?

I'm anxious to find out what ffg is going to do with the Tannhauser IP now that the legacy products are out or soon to be out.  Anyone hear anything about what's in the works? I'm very happy that ffg has taken the time and put in the effort to build this game but everything so far is old news.  I knew about this whole batch of characters ages ago.  Can we get a hint from someone?  FFG seems to moniter these posts and listens to their customers ideas, so here is my two cents.

I would first of all, love to see a Matriarchy troop pack. I've been bitching about this for a while.  The voivodes are okay but I se no reason to feild more then one set.  Especially since Oksana and Zorka are not allowed to be put on the same team.  I want a troop pack with two figures.  Stelsky troopers of some kind.  And additionally I think the voivodes need new tokens.  The oksana ones are okay but only one of each token and can not be used by zorka's voivodes.

Beyond that, I want more of the same basically.  I want the other Matriarchy divine armor characters, Edison for the Union an Von Carloff for the Reich.  A fourth faction would be great, but only if FFG packs it in there and fills a box with  two new maps and at least four heros and four troops.  I hate playing catch up (the new Coc faction seems useless to me for this reason). The core game has ten figures and two maps.  I see no reason why an expansion couldn't.  Also a mercenary troop pack would be cool.  Usable by all factions as their troop choices.  Furthermore I'd like a third troop type for the union and reich. Omega troops for the union, melee specialized.  The reich should have some demons as troops.  WHERE ARE THE DEMONS!!

Lastly I'd like a map set that comes with two boards that can be linked into one big map and rules for larger engagements.  Maybe eight on eight with reinforcements.  And fixed weapons on the board like machine guns.  You would move to a space and use an action to use a gun that is drawn on the map.

In the short term some new tokens for irrelevant charcters would be nice. Tala is useless with Hoax available.  Gorgei is just a troop at this point, albeit with an extra health level.  New tokens to improve those two characters would be great.

By the end of the gameline I want nine maps, four factions with 3 troop types and seven heros each and at least four or five "nuetral mercenaries." Maybe that is asking too much but It is a game often compared to an fps. What keeps people playing fpsgames is the variety of maps, characters and weapons.  That will work for tannhauser as well.  Whatever the case, Let us know whats comin! I want to hear abouit something NEW! I read three different announcements for Daedalus before it finally came out.  I want to salivate over something totally new!

I agree with most of what you say. I would love to see the other battle armors for the matriarch. It would be really disappointing if the rest were never released.

I think that some other tokens, especially for Tala, should be released, I think she is a great character, but one bomb is not enough. She needs another type of explosive device.

I love the idea of more troops and heroes, I just want to see each faction stay loyal to play style/strategy, the factions won't be different enough if they are just a smorgus board of random characters that happen to be on the same team. I love the individuality of each faction and I really think that the styles should not be changed too much.

I don't know if I would want real demons in the game. One thing that I think is neat about the game is each faction/character funnels the powers of demons/aliens/goddesses and is not actually those things. It could be neat, but I just don't know. I have not gotten Asteros and in some ways I am a little reluctant because he does not seem to 'fit' in with the rest of the game.

But, I would love to hear a rumor and/or hear a little bit of the plan!

My want list is background story on characters, the factions, the persons behind the combatants, more history of this alternate world. A book would be great, but anecdotal stories around each character that filled in all of the above would be very easy. Lots of hints were originally given by TOY, and I would (er, excuse me) I want more.

The wonderful thing about a board game medium versus a vid game is that there is NOTHING stopping you from created your own additional material.  Go ahead and whip it up.  Use minis you like from other games, and go at it.  I know Miah has done it, and can be found on Miah's Blog.  Found here: http://miah000.blogspot.com/

I personally would like to see a faction pulling from an Eastern theme.  Maybe a Chinese or Japanese inspired faction?