Sign in to follow this  
Heretek2

Universal Head WFRP Rules Summary

Since the Players Guide has not been released as a pdf and I need a short rules summary for some new players I was wondering what happened to this? seems to have vanished. Anyone know if this was pulled by order of Fantasy Flight or is it being updated?

Thanks to everyone who answered and I have now downloaded a copy... I wonder how hard it would be to update this since I like the idea of giving this to every player instead of printing out the players guide when it's up for sale since it's much shorter and condensed. Anyone know where to get the font's used and how to remove the background? (which is nice but sucks on a b&w print out) in addition I would like to add the Mutation and Disease rules and include some info from the updated faq, I have Acrobat Writer X but it wont let me the background or extend it for uniformity. Perhaps a shout out to the guy who made it might not be a bad idea!

My copy seems to print very clearly.  As I get more noobs involved, I'm sure more will be picking up the player's guide, as that info isn't contained within.  Hopefully it helps spark more interest in WFRP (and that's the reason I'm running more DEMO's at the FLGS).  Are you guys still running demos and getting new players into WFRP?

jh

Emirikol said:

My copy seems to print very clearly.  As I get more noobs involved, I'm sure more will be picking up the player's guide, as that info isn't contained within.  Hopefully it helps spark more interest in WFRP (and that's the reason I'm running more DEMO's at the FLGS).  Are you guys still running demos and getting new players into WFRP?

jh

Well I'm hoping to get a new game going in the next month and since I have a few people who do not have any copy of the rules I think this will do perfectly. I myself own everything in print so far but I cringe at the thought of some people touching my new books :P so until the players guide is out as a printable pdf I want to make sure everyone has a condensed copy of the rules and the cards are now in binder format so they can look through them and when the players guide pdf is up I will just print out relevant sections as needed for players who either choose to not buy the book or can't for whatever reason. This saves my sanity since my copy of Dark Heresy was mauled after my last game : (

I hope the uploader(s) adhered to Universal Heads own wishes regarding his PDFs:

"These PDFs may not be re-posted online, sold or used in any other way without my written permission. I’ve already posted them to BoardgameGeek so do not do so again!"

http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html

Would be awkward otherwise, rubbing shoulders in the forums and all :)

thanks to FFG we cant do fan stuff to enjoy the game, but when it comes to making their product right - oh no, or to make erratas - oh no.

poor we FFG, so little money we make.

pheh

skolo said:

thanks to FFG we cant do fan stuff to enjoy the game, but when it comes to making their product right - oh no, or to make erratas - oh no.

poor we FFG, so little money we make.

pheh

FFGs utter lack of any editing capability aside......  I would imagine that negative attitudes toward fan made material comes straight down the pipe from Games Workshop, not Fantasy Flight.  It's not like there's any shortage of fan-made material for their myriad of board games, yet they don't fuss at any of it......but on a GW product, well, let's just say I think it's GW forcing FFG to shut those things down since that sounds way more like them.

AFAIK, UHeads rule summary is the only 3e fan project to be censored and then removed. WIthout being too cynical, it was quite good at a time when it was needed. Now that we have a Player's Guide however, I think we're being just a bit mingy about its now-relegated, black-market existence.

Neither FFG, nor GW has censored/removed any original material (e.g. scenarios, new careers,etc.), but  we're not seeing outward encouragement like we had during the BI days.  That's probably due more to neglect than dislike of fan-stuff.  My guess is they are putting their efforts elsewhere where it meets business needs (i.e. boardgames) and there is probably no 'volunteer' at FFG to help make this happen otherwise.

What next? WE NEED 3e AUTHORS to continue to step up with their fan-material contributions.  So far, we've got Liber Fanatica 7, a couple of fan scenarios/screens/aides/careers-posted-here, Gitzman's stuff, StS, The Daily Empire, something I'm forgetting, and the soon-to-be-released Liber Fanatica 8.  I'm pleased with what I've seen from the 3e fans, HOWEVER, we will need to see continued, concerted effort.

Within a few days of the Liber Fanatica #8 release, I'll be announcing that we're looking for Liber Fanatica #9 Lead Developer and article authors. That is an excellent place to bleed out our pent-up creative energies and it's nice to have stuff in one area, rather than scattered about these forums.  The forums provide a great way to get started on your ideas, but it's nice to have a complete article in a timeless format (making you terribly famous for the rest of eternity!)  ;)

For the Empire!

Jay H