Sign in to follow this  
Ruvion

Hail the Mother of Dragons...

I like the new Dany. Great synergy with dragons which is both nedly and has good play benefits

Not sold that the new agenda is gonna be balanced. Not gonna scream broken, but I think it will need to be watched. Not sure the draw back will balance the benefit.

Although Bara is my main house, Targ runs a close 2nd and these previews are freckin awesome. 4 cost for Ambush/Stealth and those abilities is a good deal IMO. I've got so many ideas for that Agenda too, Baratheon I think has the potential to run amok with it.

I think that is more or less the point. You get to choose which ever will help you or hurt them the most. I kind a like it. Going to take some thinking on how best to use it.

Darksbane said:

I've got so many ideas for that Agenda too, Baratheon I think has the potential to run amok with it.

Yeah, for all those that were thinking Bara was going to be a top contender when Storm box hit, this is just going to help the rush build. Should be interesting.

This box helps Bara a lot - Threat from the East gives Bara draw (because by turn 4 or so, their hand is usually empty, so you can play, it, force your opponent to discard 3 cards), the Agenda would be fun (especially with Vigilant Renown Characters - like, say, Arena Knight or any other Bara character with a banner attached),, High Ground would work brilliantly with Fox's Teeth, especially with DotN Mel... Sooo many options!

There's also stuff for Stark - army standing effects (High Ground), some reprinted plots (Muster the realm, Focused Offensive).

And Spending the Winter Stores (a reprint) is a plot I'd love to have for any deck - Stark to fish out a Crown of winter or a Nymeria, Bara for Lightbringer/Bodyguards, Greyjoy for support of Harlaw, Lannister for Flogged and Chained, Martell for Taste for BloodVB, and Targ for, well, anything really.

I'm really excited!

Well, fishing out Flogged and Chained wouldn't be too useful for Lannisters using the Spending the Winter Stores (reprinted as is) plot...Negative attachments that target the attached characters wouldn't be good here.

Well here is what I found and used dabbler's agot site to confirm:

Reprints (Or at least card names that have been used before).

Spending the Winter Stores: (AToB)
Focused Offense: (AFoD)
True Queen's Harbringer: (AhoTa)
Advisor to the Crown: (VED)
Initiate of the Citadel: (AFoD)
Qarth: (AFoD)
Astapor: (AFoD)
Mereen: (AFoD)
Muster the Realm: (ASoN)
High Ground: 5KE
Pike Phalanx (AToS)
Maegi's Promise (ITE)
Field of Fire (WED)
Sun Stroke (AHoTh)
Dragon Fear (AFoD)
Crown of Mereen (ARoK)
River Row (VED)
Kingsroad Fiefdom (ITE)

New Cards (Confirmed)

Dany
Drogon
Rhaegal
Viserion
Heir to the Iron Throne
Threat from the East

These cards I can't find in dabbler so I assume they are new:

Dissension

Plaza of Pride (NEW)

So 26 cards we at least know the names of. (4 of which are most likely plots) maybe 5.

This leaves 29 remaining cards  At least 2 plots.

My guesses for some of these cards are:

Trading with the Pentoshi, Don't Wake the Dragon for 2 of the Plots. Possibly some new plot for unsullied or Dragons.

Other cards I think will be in it: 

Unsullied:
Grey Worm,
Grey Worm's Strongest,
The Unsullied (AFOD)

Quartheen:
Blue Lipped Warlock
Quartheen Cutpurse
The Good Masters

Other Characters:
Slavemasters
Dragonbone Archer
Pyat Pree
Varys
Magister Illyrio
Yunkish Pickpocket
Seeress of Shadows (me hoping)

Attachments:
Ancient Arakh (Again me hoping)
Burned Fields
Obsidian Dragon

Locations:
Qartheen Baazar
Sunset Sea
Shadowblack Lane

Events:
Taking Flight
Funeral Pyre
Stargazing or Watching the Heavens.
Knife in the Back or Treacherous Schemes
Trip to Market
Weapons at the Door

And a few new unsullied since we don't have many. And a new Drogo.

Wow...some great cards there.  That agenda will be a lot more powerful these days than when it was first printed. 

I certainly hope it is Dissention.  That is one of the cards that should always be legal (paper shield, Distraction...those type of events that are just solid and costed appropriately).  Ally should be a negative trait (and Merc). 

I like the Dragon's a lot.  Dany is a little tougher - +1 strength for everyone is hard to beat.  I will be playing a lot of Targ I believe - I really like where FFG is taking them. 

JerusalemJones said:

The dragons are actually pretty much 4 influence. That's the joy of Targ, that they can get double-duty out of the influence providing cards. And 4 cost for their effects is pretty reasonable.

It does seem like a reasonable cost for their abilities, I just prefer lower cost characters for Targ.  Guess Red Keep is going to go from 2x to 3x in my deck again.

ZombiePrime said:

We also have some new hatchlings. I wonder if they be able to become dupes on the big dragons.

I really hope so, I never played the CCG but those old hatchlings looked like they were pretty useful

Ooh finally a dragon themed deck may be achievable...so excited :D The new dragons look Fierce, love the art for them. The new Dany art's a bit meh but she's a really great card, both this Dany and the Dany coming out in the next chapter pack will be quite formidable, which is a pleasant change because the core set Dany's not that exciting.

Can't wait to see what new burn effects and attachments they'll come up with too, as well as the sort of strength the Unsullied will have.