Sign in to follow this  
Rorschach Six

Reckless Dice Podcast Episode 3: Actions and Tzeench

We've got a full roster of four for this episode as Jeremy rejoins Jesse (Gitzman), Dan, and myself. We kick things off with a spoiler free overview/review of Witch's Song, then dig into everything your want to know about Action Cards. Our main topic is a little bit less mechanics and a little more lore with a rundown of Tzeench. We wrap it up with your questions.

Thanks to everyone for the hundreds of downloads and we appreciate all the feedback via iTunes, email (RecklessDice@gmail.com) and Twitter (@RecklessDice).

Site: http://recklessdice.rorschach.net

iTunes: http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=414617234

RSS: http://recklessdice.rorschach.net/feed/podcast/

Share and Enjoy!

Cool, I've really enjoyed the previous two, I'll nab this one as soon as I have a moment.

If you're taking requests for discussion topics I'd quite like to hear your guys thoughts on the way combat works out. I'm just starting to run a campaign and in the initial combats both PCs and Monsters hit pretty much every time - something that makes things really hard on the players (creatures generally have more soak than them and do more damage). I've seen a couple of threads discussing people's house rules for dealing with this and am trying to decide what I want to do.

Ok great stuff but two things and ones rather big....

damage is negated by soak and toughness...... Im surprised your players lasted as long as they did.... This is a huge mistake.

And casting spells has no challenge dice unless the card says so.

Apart from that kepp up the good work.

Hey Badger,

Yeah we beat Jesse quite severely until he became a better GM. If you listen to Episode 3 we shame him with a pointed question.

Fortunately there are no such errors (we hope!) in our regular episodes. The sessions are mostly about the flow of the game an making sure the players have a good time.

Rorschach,

Thanks for having my back lol.  Yea a significant oversight on my part for sure.  But we were having fun and getting lost in the flow.  I'm sure i'll be defending myself on that one for a while to come.  Especially since we continue to make that same mistake in the 2nd recorded session!  So you are all in for a treat of another 3 hours of rules slaughtering.  =)

Hope you guys enjoy!

Gitz

I thought VS defense meant 1 purple die per Defense of the target, but it's actually always a purple + black dice = defense?  Does parry/block/dodge last till your turn, or just the attack it's on?

Correct!  "vs. Defense" means one Challenge plus Misfortune dice equal to the target's Defense rating.

The action cards for Block, Parry, and Dodge specifically mention for only the current attack dice pool. You're looking for Guarded Position which has a defensive effect lasting more than one attack.

My favourite podcast so far, I was enthralled throughout... One tiny correction is the you got your blue and pink horrors the wrong way round, pink are the big ones, blue are the lil ones.

Thanks, and keep them coming. Crimsonsun