Sign in to follow this  
GrandClam

Bloodrayne Characters (customs/ will be updated if people want)

First off, if you are reading this, reply in this thread and let me know if you would like to see some custom characters from Bloodrayne. Mind you I don't have the technology and supplies to make professional-looking stuff like Miah and Doc, so these will mostly just be rules for you to use however you like along with a photo of the stuff I will be using in a game.

If I manage to come across photoshop, a scanner, and better internet: there may be token and card updates later on. (My stuff is either poorly drawn, a photo of the real-life object, or heavily touched with colored pencil and pen)

UPCOMING: Reich- Kommandohttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15776/331874-20958-125522-2-bloodrayne-prime-cu_super.jpg Progress has been slow, but nearly completed now. If anyone wants it, I can post the unplaytested character in a few days. Kommando uses flashbang grenades to stun his enemies and regroup. His tactics-based packs offer a variety of abilities from smokegrenade immunity to feigning his own death.

WORK IN PROGRESS:

Reich- Dr. Bathory Mengele "The Butcheress" http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/1431762-butcheress_from_bloodrayne_large.jpg Another HtH character, but who cripples the enemy team by inflicting disabilities instead of wounds. She might also utilize her pet daemites, creatures capable of body-snatching and just as likely to attack the Reich as they are their enemies!

Reich- Infanterie-Kommandeur D. Mauler (photo not found) Another HtH character with a twist. Slow in contrast to other Reich characters. Possible abilities could be: Only taking 1 wound no matter how many attack successes beat a shock roll, and being able to smash through walls in order to create new paths through to adjacent paths.

New Faction?- Hedrox (photo not found/ werewolf-like vampire-beast) The infinite Hedrox duplicates every time a peice is cut off it's body or enough blood is spilled. This character would require 8 or 16 models (depending on his strengths and playdata), each with only one wound. Would start with 1 model in deathmatch and probably with 2 or 4 in other modes with an inability to play story mode. It would be assumed that Hedrox starts fleeing when killed after every model has been on the table. HtH character

Reich- High Priest Von Blut (photo not found) Character with mental powers and a MG42.

Please let know if you want to see any of these characters or not.

The idea is great! I would like to see your input, as the world of Tannhäuser grows by every home-made innovation But: would you, maybe, please, consider changing the name Dr. Mengele to some other? This name has a very bad, bad, bad, and sad reputation in german history, and it hurts my heart to have it woven into a game I really love to play. Until now, FFG and TOY have succesfully avoided using real, historical names of "rank A" nazis in this game (as far as I know, the only historical name used is "Rommel"), and I would prefer to stay it this way. The Tannhäuser Reich is not Nazi Germany! If it was, I would stop playing at once. So, pretty please?

I'm hoping I'll have access to make quality customs by the time I start on any others, and if I do, I will most certainly change the name. I was just planning on doing straight ports of Bloodrayne characters and I figured none of them had any relation to real people. I can also change the Gegengheist Gruppe's symbol if anyone wants as well, seeing as it's just a three-pronged swastika. (I was originally going to go with the BlutSturm Division's Iron Cross, but figured I'd stay true to the Bloodrayne game)

In other news, I have the beta-version Kommando completed. Although I won't have a card or tokens (at least not for some time) I put the character on one of Doc's big-page rule-sheets, so there'll be a halfway decent way to look at his current rules. Until I find a way to upload that at the proper size, here's his rules: ( I hope this allowed by the forum)

Kommando

Affiliation: Reich. I'm hoping to make an entire GGG subfaction, but for now I just gave him all three unit affiliations.

Skills: HtH, Sangfroid, Strategy, Command (give or take Sneak)

Characteristics: Combat- 6,5,4,5     Stamina- 5,5,5,4    Mental- 4,4,4,4    Movement- 7,6,4,5

Additional Rules:    Strosstruppen may not be taken as a troops choice if Kommando is taken as a hero choice.     When you must use Kommando's lowest characteristics, no matter the source, you instead use the values from Kommando's third row.

Special Item: (disposable) Flashbang Grenade Belt, Hardware- This token may be used in place of a normal counterattack (a command point must still be spent). All characters sharing a path with Kommando, except for any shocktruppen and Kommando himself, must take a stamina test with a -1 modifier and score two successes. If the test is failed, that character must use their lowest combat and stamina values for the rest of the turn. After these tests are taken, Kommando immediately has 5 free spaces of movement. If possible you must move onto a path not shared by the attacker. You may not bullrush with this movement. If you have not yet activated Kommando on this turn, use his lowest movement value when you do.

Combat Pack: (disposable) StG44, Weapon, Automatic- When attacking with this weapon you may reroll the lowest die result, unless the lowest result is a natural 1.

Mad Minute, Ability-

Elite Orders, Ability- When Kommando and one or more troopers share the same path and an attacker attempts to target either the trooper(s) or Kommando, you may choose which of these models is attacked. The attack may be transferred to a model that cannot normally be seen by the attacker as long as the two models are adjacent. This ability may not be used against HtH attacks.

Stamina Pack: (disposable) StG44-

Feign Death, Ability- If you have not yet activated Kommando this turn, you may use this in place of a normal counterattack (a command point must still be spent). Tip Kommando's model on it's side. While tipped Kommando may not be targeted by enemy attacks, have a sequence, and counts as a casualty for ending a game. Equipment that targets circles may not affect Kommando unless it also effects another Reich-controlled model. Equipment that is activated from a model, such as a meteop, cannot be activated until the model is stood back up. Spend 1 Command Point during any later turn to stand the model up when you would introduce a reinforcement.

Illirium Upgrade, Hardware- Consider this model's stamina values to be 5,5,5,5 and movement values 7,6,5,5

Command Pack: (disposable) MP40-

Optics Upgrade, Hardware-  You ignore the effects of smoke, this token does not take up an equipment slot.

OberstInfanterie, Rank- As an action, discard this token to immediately move all troopers that share a unit affiliation with Kommando 5 spaces. Affected units on overwatch may choose to stay on overwatch or take this movement and be allowed an activation in which they may only take an action.

Hm, I thought it over, and since this special name seems to be an original name of a charackter in the Bloodrayne Series, it would make sense not to change it. A change would confuse people familiar with the Bloodrayne universe, wouldn´t it? Maybe I am oversensitive on this matter, so there is certainly no need to change a name because of me. No offense intended gui%C3%B1o.gif 

It should be fine, anyone who knows Bloodrayne would know the character even if it was just called "The Butcheress". Dr. Bathory "The Butcheress" will be fine. Although I like when there are references to real people, I'm not sure I want to pay homage to that guy. (I know the character came from that guy, but I didn't know that Mengele was his name)

Anyway here is the best I could do, it's a link to the album I'll put everything in. You will probably want to increase the pages to fit a paper properly. (original JPEG's were 800x1067)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35699&id=100001349058126&l=dd53e5f4c3

Haven't tested Kommando yet, but I'm getting close to having a set of card and tokens to put up. The Card will be low quality because it had to be scanned twice, but if somebody scans one of their real cards and cuts off bits and peices from the download- it should look alright (that's what I'm doing).

FFG's Dust Tactics: Axis recon grenadiers fit the bill almost perfectly, which is good because they are the only models I found that come remotely close. Only modeling I needed to do was: file off the helmet and mouth gas-mask peice, cut off the top of the shoulder pads, and do a crummy Tannhauser paintjob. Problem is you'll have 4 mostly useless minis left. I was thinking about making Kommando's elites (even less converting than Kommando), but I'd only be using them as shocktruppen.

Also, I've almost completed a character card for Bloodrayne. Don't have any rules yet, but I'm thinking she'll be a mercenary that is only deployable against the Reich and takes up a Hero+Troop choice.