Sign in to follow this  
ffgfan

Omens Of War!

Based on the text in the last two previews I could see the careers in OoW possibly being diestro, greatsword, hammerer, huntsman, outrider (obviously), sergeant, swordsman, thunderer, and warrior-priest. I see no reason why the tenth career could not be the battle-wizard, it is a war supplement after all. Speculation is fun!

Hi,

I'm guessing that the battle wizards and warrior priests careers will be released later as they are rank 4 careers, so far the "chaos god" themed expansions have dealt with taking career paths to aprx 3rd tier (wiz, priest, prophet o doom, etc). Think they are probably going to explore more general military careers along the same structure as SoF and WoM, so some new basic and advanced careers but likely not many elite (?) ones. After the big 4 gods are done we may see a pack detailing the top end careers.

As for some speculations...    Outrider, Greatsword, Sergeant, Squire, Noble, Knight, Pistollier, Diestro (though not sure if this fits with the Reiklander focus), and hopefully some fun ones like an artililerist type career and maybe a bone picker/camp follower/Lady of ill repute type?

Hoping they leave Hammerer for BFP and stick to more human/generic options for OoW. Likewise Hoping they leave Elvish careers for a dedicated long awaited expansion...  and do it properly too (other than the traditional typo's and errata gui%C3%B1o.gif)

I have mostly given up trying to figure out when stuff is coming out. I just tell my local dealer at the FLGS to be on the lookout and he calls me, but it is still excting to hear that it might be here by the end of the month.

Amani said:

Based on the text in the last two previews I could see the careers in OoW possibly being diestro, greatsword, hammerer, huntsman, outrider (obviously), sergeant, swordsman, thunderer, and warrior-priest. I see no reason why the tenth career could not be the battle-wizard, it is a war supplement after all. Speculation is fun!

Here's hoping your speculation ends up accurate!

Someone else mentioned pistollier and squire. Those are good choices for a war supplement too, but not really hinted at specifically in the previews, not that I caught anyway. Also there is the veteran career too. I for one hope the hammerer and thunderer (both dwarf specific careers) and not held back to BFP as they fit the battle motif for OoW and other dwarf careers could be used for the dwarf supplement like the first three levels of Rumesmith, ranger, the next level two levels of Ironbreaker and the third level of slayer, and how about lawbringer, lodefinder, lore master, mountaineer, artisan, stoneshaper, engineer, and shipmaster. Most of those are way back from 1st ed though.

Amani said:

Someone else mentioned pistollier and squire. Those are good choices for a war supplement too, but not really hinted at specifically in the previews, not that I caught anyway.

I'd  guess that Pistolieers are the natural step before becoming an outrider, which has been in the preview. Also, since there will be Knights in the expansion Squire would fit really well (though I might almost like the squire of a knight to be handled something like the ratcatchers dog, rather than beeing a career in itself. Just think about it "Small but vicious Squire" it has a good ring to it.)

A couple of days ago I pre-ordered my copy of this expansions. According to distributors and shops this expansion should be in stores by the end of May or in June, they say it's a little bit to early to say the concrete release date. So the bad news is that we will not see it to soon and I so hoped to get it in my hand at the beginning of May. sad.gif

You think that YOU'VE got it bad? I pre-ordered this in December and I've been notified that it will be delayed until August. What the hell, eh?

Amazon is stupid: I always order from them first, get delayed to death and eventually cancel to just buy them at the local shop for almost double the price.

SIGH

Necrozius said:

You think that YOU'VE got it bad? I pre-ordered this in December and I've been notified that it will be delayed until August. What the hell, eh?

Amazon is stupid: I always order from them first, get delayed to death and eventually cancel to just buy them at the local shop for almost double the price.

SIGH

I pre-ordered a gaming product from amazon exactly once, back in 2003. Finally three weeks after the release date I canceled it and re-ordered normally which got it to me within a week. I never pre-ordered from Amazon again. Nobody should.

Exciting stuff :D

Now I just have to avoid all the comments about it so when it's released in the UK all the contents will be a lovely surprise.

Doc, the Weasel said:

I think we are getting it before the end of May, definitely.

... I say this because it's now shipping.

Yees, I see that. What a great suprise! Can't wait for this expansion. gran_risa.gif

I checked with the store I frequent and the onwer says the distributors still have it as a June release? I'm content to say no one knows whats happening. :)

Amani said:

I checked with the store I frequent and the onwer says the distributors still have it as a June release? I'm content to say no one knows whats happening. :)

For this game at least, the Upcoming page has been pretty reliable. I doubt it will be "shipping" for a full month.

I did hear the same thing from my FLGS (who called their distributor). My guess is that the distributors have bad/old info, but who knows.

Doc, the Weasel said:

For this game at least, the Upcoming page has been pretty reliable. I doubt it will be "shipping" for a full month.

I did hear the same thing from my FLGS (who called their distributor). My guess is that the distributors have bad/old info, but who knows.

Yes, the upcoming page seems to be pretty reliable. And in the upcoming page it sayst that the shipping usually takes about a 7-10 days within US, as far as I know this is pretty accurate. But I am located in Sweden I will have to wait forever, this will be a wonderful box to buy, can't wait! :)

Ooookay Amazon.ca has delayed this until SEPTEMBER.

That's the last time I ever pre-order anything from them for this game.

Strangely enough, I've had NO problems with them ordering Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader books. Why is WFRP so special?

You answered it there.  Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader are 'Books'.  The WFRP supplements are games, and boxes.  I think that might be the problem.

Doc, the Weasel said:

Got a call from my FLGS. They should have it in today.

I hope that my store will have it also soon that I can enjoy this expansion this weekend.