Sign in to follow this  
ffgfan

Omens Of War!

Ok, so we know only this for the Shifting Through Shadows:

Prepare for war! Introducing exciting new options for combat and warfare, Omens of War greatly expands the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay experience. This third instalment in the Ruinous Power cycle allows players to further customise their characters by incorporating new fighting styles and mounted combat, while exploring military campaigns and battles across the Empire.
Omens of War also introduces the Ruinous Power of Khorne and his minions, as well as provides a complete adventure that will pit players against the machinations of the Blood God.

Also we know, that according to Amazon the expansion will be avaliable 19th April 2011. But when will we see something more? When will we see the official announcement and some pick from it with some more info about the content?

If we go back to the seminar from last year we can say more about this product. It will have:

- the are going to be 2 books in it (one about Khorne and the other about the history of the Old World and Empire through the greatest battles)

- new Templar and Knightly Orders

- mounted combat, new fighting styles

- 10 new careers focused largely on military

- permanent injuries

- price 39,95 $

So when will we see the announce of Omens Of War?

I'm with you on this one. I have always held a soft spot for Khorne, although Nurgle is my favorite, and am really curious to see what they do for mounts and sword and board fighting.  Permanent  injuries have always been part of the feel of the Old World and Warhammer in general, there will always be someone in a crowd who has suffered some disfiguring injury due to combat or just plain bad luck.  I have a feeling that Black Fire Pass will be produced before Omens of War, that is most likely what we will see in early march end of February.  But thats sweet as well because it shows me that FFG's developers are interested in fleshing out the Old Races a bit more thoroughly and gives me hope that they'll detail the Wood Elves, High Elves and Halflings, and maybe Bretonnia and Dogs of War in future products.

Fingers crossed that we see Omen of War before the end of April as 2011 is looking up for me and I may be able to finally get my collection up to date and organized.

Ok, The Strolling Bones if You looked carefuly at the images showen at the end of last years seminar You would see many Elves art, so there's hope. Besides one is sure, I think we will see in Autumn 2011 the next big expansion about Slaanesh.

I think that after Black Fire Pass and Omens Of War will be published and in stores we will hear about new titles. And I think that before  this years GenCon we will also get a Shifting Shadows preview.

Hi,

Well, I do like Khorne for some good old fashioned bloodthirsty mad as a badger shock encounters, but yeah, permanent injuries are a big piece of warhammer jigsaw still missing.

I'd also like to see some of these new "fighting styles" include advanced defensive options. High power active defenses to balance the 2-3 ws skill dice this will be scaling up to. Maybe some more defensive tactic talents. I'm hoping ffg dont just look at it as a way to just make combat monkeys more "uber".

Oh and some  non human careers would be a treat...

schoon said:

FFG typically starts doing previews about 2 months out, but I wouldn't be too trusting of Amazon's word on the matter.

The FFG Upcoming Page is far more trustworthy, and this title isn't on there as of yet, so I would think that "April" is unlikely.

Yes, but looking at the last pre-order at amazon we could say they were almost right.

Ok, so there will be Khorne, so I wonder if we are going to see al the minions of the Skull God.

It's sure we will see: Bloodletter, Bloodthirster, Juggernaut but I wonder if we are going to see Bloodbeast.

And looking at war there should be also some new weapons and armour. It would be amazing to see some cursed artefacts like: Chaos Armour, Bloodstone, Hellblade, Collar Of Khorne or Axes Of Khorne.

I'm sure that we are going to get new mutations and The Mark Of Khorne. gran_risa.gif

So I keep my fingers crossed to see it as soon as possible.

crimsonsun said:

Every time I see this and the dwarf post move, I get excited that they have been put up on the upcoming page... or we have been given some previews...

Grrrr to waiting..

Crimsonsun

So You just can't wait for those just like me. I would love to see those in the upcoming page. I'm wondering how long we have to wait to see soething new about those titles.

While I have no doubt that Omens of War will put some good tools on the table

• Permanent Injuries (yet another way for players to die off)
  • Mounted Combat (which was sorely missing from the core set, and has my Roadwarden all in a huff)
  • Awesome new bloody adventure (no doubt with some Terror/Fear checks with the Violence traid)
  • Mark of Khorne, New Mutations, Scary Chaos Champions/Berserkers

Honestly I'm looking forward to the Slaanesh set even more so (clearly it completes in the cycle, and is probably in the works), mostly because while Khorne rounds out the battle system, and it looks like we'll get some great empire fluff - I think that spells got fleshes out, battle is not lacking, what we need most is some more flexible and interesting social actions.  Also seeing the possibilities for gold-tier play and finding out what new method of character trouncing they devise (aside from corruption (WoM/Tzeench), diseases (SoF/Nurgle), permanent crits/injuries (OoW/Khorne)) are seriously interesting in therms of campaign building.

shinma said:

Honestly I'm looking forward to the Slaanesh set even more so (clearly it completes in the cycle, and is probably in the works), mostly because while Khorne rounds out the battle system, and it looks like we'll get some great empire fluff - I think that spells got fleshes out, battle is not lacking, what we need most is some more flexible and interesting social actions.  Also seeing the possibilities for gold-tier play and finding out what new method of character trouncing they devise (aside from corruption (WoM/Tzeench), diseases (SoF/Nurgle), permanent crits/injuries (OoW/Khorne)) are seriously interesting in therms of campaign building.

I agree to this a 100 %, the Slaanesh-box is what I really want. Even if I guess that OoW will be cool as well. Good social actions is what's lacking the most from WFRP 3e in my oppinion.

shinma said:

While I have no doubt that Omens of War will put some good tools on the table

• Permanent Injuries (yet another way for players to die off)
  • Mounted Combat (which was sorely missing from the core set, and has my Roadwarden all in a huff)
  • Awesome new bloody adventure (no doubt with some Terror/Fear checks with the Violence traid)
  • Mark of Khorne, New Mutations, Scary Chaos Champions/Berserkers

STIs and addictions.  It's gonna allow situations where the Dwarf in the group tries to trade his trusty warhammer to pay for another hit, while the Elf is visiting the local temple of Shallya to see if they can do something about the rash and discharge 'issue' he's been suffering with...

I jest  :)

Not that we need further explanation, but... with a Critical Wound, you broken your nose. With a Permanent Wound, you lost it.

Gritty, indeed.

For what I expect to see, I think Third Ed scenery is building up to the Storm of Chaos, regardless of what was said in this Forum about FFG having rewinding the story and that maybe it wouldn't happened. So I think the adventure is going to take us further into the Storm.

On top of what has been said here, I would like very much to see rules about field combat. Some rules on how to manage large scale conflicts. I know we can simply use the resources we already have, like the Progress Tracker. But I think it would be grand to see how we can manage large scale combat with PCs taking important roles such as the commanders, how the armies could be dealt as living things. That would certainly take Third Edition to a place Second, at least, hasn't gone.

as for Liber Khorne, I would like to see a little about the Chaos Dwarfs and their inventions. Maybe we will see something about it in Back Fire Pass, that's right... But I would sure like to see descriptions and stats for at least a couple of Khorne's machinery. It would be nice to see what they could do, even if we wouldn't use them directly. A Hell Cannon, some daemonic possessed "robot"... things like that.

And I sure agree about better defences!!! Don't make the same mistake as D&D, FFG: the one that imagined teh players to have magical armour, if not, they simply wouldn't be able to stand the To Hit of the opponents (and vice versa). Because character evolution brought greater chance to hit, but didn't bring greater chance at defending. Dull!

Pedro, I must say that if Omens Of War would bring some info about the Chaos Dwarfs that would be a big suprise for me. I think that this material would fit better in Black Fire Pass where we get some more info about Dwarfs. But who knows.

And about Storm of Chaos a big campain like The Enemy Within would fit prefect to show the scale of Archaons invasion. That would be something!

I hope that any day now we will hear something about those new product. A big news or two about those new title like Omens of War and Black Fire Pass would be a nice sight.

ffgfan said:

Pedro, I must say that if Omens Of War would bring some info about the Chaos Dwarfs that would be a big suprise for me. I think that this material would fit better in Black Fire Pass where we get some more info about Dwarfs. But who knows.

As long as these Chaos Dwarfs don't look like cartoony villains from Rainbow Bright, I'll be happy.

I mean... Geez they looked stupid with their giant Babylonian hats...

EDIT: Since Dwarfs stereotypically have scottish accents for some crazy reason, what accent would Chaos Dwarfs have? Can't be the same, 'cause they're EEEVVVILLLL...

Necrozius said:

DIT: Since Dwarfs stereotypically have scottish accents for some crazy reason, what accent would Chaos Dwarfs have? Can't be the same, 'cause they're EEEVVVILLLL...

Irish, evils scotts are irish men.

shinma said:

Yeah This. But still blood for the blood god!

And there it is! Omens Of War is now official! It's looking better then I thought. 50 new action cards - now this is amazing. And new follower - horse. MOunted combat and much more. And this gourgeus cover - I want it as a wallpaper!

I think that we will see it at the end of April or at the begining of May 2011. I hope it will be sooner then later. gran_risa.gif

Now waiting for OoW. If the advanced combat rules a statisfying to me I will maybe only have to change litte things.

But if the rules and actions don't make use of body zones and real criticals (like the 2ed criticals) I have to readjust my house rules with advanced criticals.

We will see. I will buy it, and will play it with the original rules or with my house rules.

Here's a little update needed. Omens of War will have:

- new Follower (Horse)

- special mounted combat rules

- new Enhance card (that sound sweet, like music to my ears)

- over 50 new action cards (like - Skaeling Charge for Khore minions or Dangerous Modifications - new Ranged Action for Black Powder Weapons)

- Severe Injury rules and cards (so caombat could be even more deadly)

- 20 Creature cards

- 10 Career sheets (focused on Empire Military)

- 40 cardboard standups

- new Condition, Location, Item, Mutation and Talent cards

Can't wait for this one. I think that we will have to wait for it to be released - in my opinion not sooner then at the end of April or beggining of May 2011. But still it's worth waiting like all WFRP 3ed products. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Yes the small adventure is also importent but I wonder will we see some special rules to run big batles with armies, so  the PCs can take part in those. There was a  moment  in my last campian when I just had to be telling my players whats going on on the battlefield and with a single throw of a dice I was killing NPC on both side. And still I could not make it a huge battle just a small defening of a Hold.

I must say that I'm very excited for the careers in particular.

I'm hoping that we get an Archer or Marskman. Yeah I guess that bowmen are more common to Bretonnia, but... well...