Sign in to follow this  
jwmercer

First Game Review

So I purchased Tannhauser and played my first game this past week.  What a game!! It was exciting, and fun.  Once my friend and I grasped the rules, which wasn't that difficult, we had a blast.  Some very memorable moments include von Heizinger's utter failure with Sha Na Ra.  My theory is that he started singing Sha Na Na Na. Sha Na Na Na, hey hey hey, goodbye instead!  The best moment came when my friend and I thought that the game was over.  I had his big hitter trapped and unable to do anything other than melee.  Instead of keeping the game that way, I risked finishing him off quickly.  Well the game turned dramatically at that point and pushed him to victory instead.  Great game!  My only complaint is that the revised edition rule book fell apart during that first game.  The back bind came completly apart.  Has anyone had experience with that? 

Other than that, I can say I'm very pleased with the purchase of this game.

i had the same issue with the rulebook - nearly all pages completely loose after a couple games (and being one who treats rulebooks with respect ;)

contact FFG under More... / Customer Service above - excellent customer experience when it comes to taking care of unfortunate issues like this with components.

Hi

I just bought the game last night. I wasn't sure if i'd get the revised rule book or not so i bought a separate copy of them just in case i got an older version of the game. I believe there are no chart handouts and so two books are needed/recommended by veteran players for reference of equipment untill the equip cards arrive.

I have been looking at reviews of this game for a while now' but problems with gameplay put me off the price tag, since the revised rules came out  I've been holding off waiting for Mansions of Madness, and Tide of Iron and the next Talisman board expansion. Then i thought as good as Mansions of Madness looks, I should hold off buying it for about 6 months after release to see what the initial reaction to it is and whether there are any serious issues with product quality or gameplay. Tannhauser i believe has already gone through all that (growing pains) and has come out a really good game.

So i know its gonna hit my house this next week sometime.

(just gotta blag the missus now, boy it wasn't cheap, and i got Exodus in January too)gran_risa.gif