Sign in to follow this  
Gitzman

Reckless Dice Podcast ep2: Dice and Misconceptions

I'm new to WFRP 3e, so please forgive me if my question is totally off-base, but I'm confused about one thing from your podcast...

I've been listening to parts of your actual play session (A Day Late, A Shilling Short), and I'm wondering if you guys are using the correct rules for soak?

It doesn't sound like you are subtracting the target's Toughness from an incoming damage roll to figure out the total number of wounds scored.  Or perhaps I'm just missing certain elements of your rolls due to the nature of an audio play session?

Yea we totally botched the soak thing lol.  I think i got all caught up in having a fun quick and fluid game that i missed one of the basic rules hehe.  To be remedied in the next session for sure!

Gitz

Nice session anyway.  The one thing I noticed which I've never experienced before is the GM telling the player how their character is feeling about something or reacting to something.  It seemed to come up a few times with the bounty hunter.  Do you guys normally do that?

In that particular instance the player and I had determined that he had a latent tendencie for bloodlust which could surface from time to time (a prelude to being a candidate for Khorne's attention).  This was a mechanic decided to leverage during a heated combat or argument in order to force teh player to deal with something out of his control. Essentially he would have to 'deal' with his bloodlust or anger or it may begin to overcome him.

Gitz