Sign in to follow this  
Gitzman

Reckless Dice Podcast ep2: Dice and Misconceptions

We’re back with Episode 2 of the Reckless Dice Podcast!  We’re talking all about the custom dice and myth-bust some of the misconceptions about WFRP 3rd Edition. Also news and your questions!

Download the new episode at: http://recklessdice.rorschach.net/

Please review us on iTunes, send questions or comments to recklessdice@gmail.com and follow us on Twitter @RecklessDice.

Game on!

Rorschach, Gitzman and The Crimson Avenger

Show Notse & Related Links:

Excellent work as always gents!  Now that I know that Gitzman shops at wal mart and to let the players (as a group) come up with suggestions on the effects of boons/banes/chaos stars/comets, I can sleep with an eerie calm.

jh

Nice guys, been enjoying the series.  I didn't know you get a bonus stat at creation for main stats for your career.  It's bad for my health though cause I'm jonesing to play but no real way to do it.

PS.  You gotta get that brit back, he was great.

Thanks, but I don't have much time to add a big block to my schedule.  I am more looking for a play by post but I didn't have much like at rpol.

For this week we have Gitzman taking a party through A Day Late, A Shilling Short on MapTool. Almost two hours of Actual Play!

Links are in the OP. It's provided in the same feed.

Don't forget to send in questions for Episode 3 coming next week through Twitter or email.

Thanks everyone for listening and spreading the word.

-Paul

Just have to ask, in the iTunes store you have this logo for the podcast, but it does not seem to follow into the iTunes library when downloading the casts. I know it's not a big deal, but it would be cool if this logo came with the casts (I like having the covers for all my cd's and stuff on my iPhone too so it just feels naked when there is no picture, especially since you gone through the trouble of creating one for the podcast gui%C3%B1o.gif).

k7e9 said:

Just have to ask, in the iTunes store you have this logo for the podcast, but it does not seem to follow into the iTunes library when downloading the casts. I know it's not a big deal, but it would be cool if this logo came with the casts (I like having the covers for all my cd's and stuff on my iPhone too so it just feels naked when there is no picture, especially since you gone through the trouble of creating one for the podcast gui%C3%B1o.gif).

I'll look into it. I think it's the ID3 tags that set the album cover after download and I've only set up covers for the feed.

Hopefully have something for you by next week.

With regard to the album cover art;

You coul open Itunes and go to the podcasts section. Right click on the Reckless Dice Podcast "album" and "Get Info".  In the bottom right of the dialog box is a section for album art.

In a browser open Gitzmans website and right hand click on the reckless dice icon and "Copy" that image.

Back in Itunes right hand click the album artwork box in the get info dialog and paste.  Select OK.

You should now have the artwork associated with the podcast.

Hope that helps - A long way around I know, but it works.

Alp

I really like the Podcast, you guys cover some areas that really needed to be pointed out. I only have one issue. You seem to treat some of the perceptions (or misconceptions that is) of others with a kind of haughty disdain when addressing them. On some topics you seemed perfectly fine in addressing your views, in others not so much. 

Other than that, top notch material, in both sound quality and topic. 

Nice input Shadow.  I think we want the podcast to be an honest analysis of the products where we will sing its praises when appropriate and comment where it may have left us hanging.

Our hosting crew each have a different opinion of the game system which is one of teh reasons why i think our setup works.  But we will strive to make sure our personal opinonis are the driving factor of conversation and not be afraid to 'say it like it is'.  I find discussions where people may not agree to be some of the most interesting.  I just dont want to turn the podcast into a session on disecting the shortcomings of the system, nor do i watn it to be a praise fest.  I want a mix of the good, the bad, and everythign in between. Because frankly, the system is not perfecft, but we all love it, or we would not be here. 

Gitz

Great podcasts so far guys, keep them coming. A few things in the adventure you totally skipped toughness damage reduction out lol, also how were you running initutive it seem to me like people all had a set place rather than just it being a pc token/monster token so the pc's n monsters can move at different times in a round?

Great work so far thou. Thanks Crimsonsun

Ps: That was a very unrealistic English accent, but i will let it pass this time