Sign in to follow this  
Overload789

Covering your Character Cards

Has anybody found a good card sleeve for the character cards (this includes the reaper card and alternate endings)?

I've been looking for awhile and I'm always off by at least an inch one way or another. 

Also, I've been thinking about laminating them, but at the same time, I don't want to ruin the card. Does anybody know if this effects the cards in any way?

Thanks ahead of time. 

TBG Card Sleves

The sleeves are avialable as below

TBG size#1 for 63x88mm cards (e.g. Magic the Gathering) - 100 sleeves per pack
TBG size#2 for 57x89mm cards (e.g. Citadels) - 100 sleeves per pack
TBG size#3 for 56x87mm cards (e.g. Ticket to Ride: Europe) - 100 sleeves per pack
TBG size#4 for 59x91mm cards (e.g. Dominion) - 100 sleeves per pack
TBG size#5 for 44x68mm cards (e.g. Ticket to Ride) - 120 sleeves per pack
TBG size#6 for 70x110mm cards (e.g. Lost Cities) - 75 sleeves per pack
TBG size#7 for 70x70mm cards (e.g. Power Grid) - 100 sleeves per pack
TBG size#8 for 42x64mm cards (e.g. Red November) - 120 sleeves per pack
TBG size#9 for 64x89mm cards (e.g. Pandemic) - 100 sleeves per pack

Visit this place TBG Card Sleves to find out how to order.

Cheers

I just recently purchased these to cover my character cards:

http://www.printfile.com/4x5-6prpackageof100.aspx

I like them well enough but they are just slightly bigger than I would like so I just bought (but haven't received yet) these:

http://www.printfile.com/4x5standardphotosleeve.aspx

From what I can gather these should be a little more snug than the first ones.  I can update you in about a week once I get them and let you know which I like better.  Maybe even post pictures of the two side by side.

I can recommend the TBG character sized sleeves wholeheartedly as those are the ones I stumped up the cash to get the first run made!

I did sell off most of those I had, but I am saving what is left.

There's a picture about so you should be able to see what they are like -

tbg_character_sleeves.jpg

sorpresa.gif... now why didnt' I think of that!  Since character cards don't really accumulate in large batches like other cards, that sounds like not a bad idea. Though more expensive, it is more durable as well.

Is the lamination flush with the edges, or is there a bit of excess on the edges to seal the closed?

JCHendee said:

sorpresa.gif... now why didnt' I think of that!  Since character cards don't really accumulate in large batches like other cards, that sounds like not a bad idea. Though more expensive, it is more durable as well.

Is the lamination flush with the edges, or is there a bit of excess on the edges to seal the closed?

It isn't flush because it does need a seal on the edges. It doesn't bother us though.  I have thought about doing all the cards, but it would be quite a bit of a money sink..

Sure the lamination can be damaged, and it might ruin the card, but as long as you aren't throwing your cards against a wall or leaving them in water, they should last the lifetime of the game really. 

Just to show the lamination on the cards.. Maybe you like it, maybe you wont.

28wc56u.jpg - This is the Leprechaun if you can't tell.. You can see some minor bubbling, somewhat of an 'orange peel' look. This was done in a self laminating unit at Kinkos.. It was cheaper and quicker than having them do it at the desk.

21kiezd.jpg - This is the back of the Leprechaun card.. Sorry for the flash glare, but you can see the minor bubbling.. I haven't trimmed the lamination too much on the cards yet.

vgojtv.jpg - This is the Prophetess I had the Main set, Reaper, and Dungeon characters done through the big lamination unit by the Kinkos people. I think it turned out better than the self lamination.. It does have a slight curve because of the roller that is used in the big machine.

znl8bo.jpg- And finally the back of the same card. Again sorry for the glare.. 

Overall I love having the cards laminated. I think either option is better than sleeving the cards..I have done Frostmarch and Sacred Pool cards through the self lamination and as I said the 3 other sets with the big one. I don't have the Highlands yet, but I will probably do the self lamination again with those.