Sign in to follow this  
Mishiman

Mark of Xenos

rzucchelli said:

Well, i for one would like more tau, eldar and necron rules. I find all the nids in deathwatch are far too powerful, both compared to their TT counterpart and background (books etc etc). They made hive tyrant warhound titans!

Have you played with them or just read their stats?  If they were as tough as you suggest I think we'd see less forum posts complaining they're weak.

Charmander said:

Have you played with them or just read their stats?  If they were as tough as you suggest I think we'd see less forum posts complaining they're weak.

Definitely played with them, yes. I guess its a matter of tastes, of course, but i dont like the idea of a modest tyrant (relatively small creature) wrestling with scout titans, not really.

Can't say I've seen the titans in RoB (**** you Amazoooooon!) but the HT seems to be squishy enough unless you play them smart.  It has good armor and toughness, but any sort of concentrated assault from bolt weapons, especially high pen ammo or ammo that ignores natural armor, all 120 of those wounds will vanish faster than most GM's like.

Problem with the Hive Tyrant is the lack of dodge as a skill (you still get half its AG stat), so you do need those wounds and AP. Due to the size of the HT a Dev can get a pretty good number of hits on it and with that many dice the chance of a rightous fury are pretty good. Sometimes I like to have warriors near by use Delay action to so it can "jump" in the way and take some of the shots, since the Tyrant Guards didn't start showing up till after or about the same time as Hive Fleet Kraken(if I rememeber correctly).

Charmander said:

Can't say I've seen the titans in RoB (**** you Amazoooooon!) but the HT seems to be squishy enough unless you play them smart.  It has good armor and toughness, but any sort of concentrated assault from bolt weapons, especially high pen ammo or ammo that ignores natural armor, all 120 of those wounds will vanish faster than most GM's like.

Don't worry, the titan in RoB is vastly superior to the HT.

@Fabian: in the Inquisitor's Handbook there are rules for using Dodge to catch a bullet meant for someone else too.

Alex

ak-73 said:

Charmander said:

@Fabian: in the Inquisitor's Handbook there are rules for using Dodge to catch a bullet meant for someone else too.

Alex

Yea, I saw that but Warriors are lacking in the Dodge skill as well sad.gif.

Fabian said:

ak-73 said:

Alex

Yea, I saw that but Warriors are lacking in the Dodge skill as well sad.gif.

Which isn't a massive gameplay problem but between that Nid's huge sizes +20 and +30 respectively it's makes them feel very lumbering rather than the deadly creatures they should be. If we were going for fluff basis then neither the Tyrant nor the Nid warriors are strong enough or tough enough but they do enough damage to hurt things as is, unless they use their terrible guns.

Btw, they incorporated the same idea that I had been posting here on the forums months again: a recurring nid overlord. Not that I am complaining, it's not an original idea anyway and they saved me the work of creating the stats on my own. gran_risa.gif

Alex

This may be covered somewhere else...

Amazon's got a book listed as Rogue Trader: Xenos Compendium.

It has no listing of Deathwatch: Mark of the Xenos.

Is Amazon screwed up? Are these one in the same?

jbuck said:

No, they're different books. The Xenos Compendium for Rogue Trader was announced a while ago, when FFG published the three 40kRP release schedules for this year.

jbuck said:

Amazon does not have a listing for Mark of the Xenos at this time. I am hoping that this will change soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

ak-73 said:

Nobody mention Creatures Anathema for DH or else. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Alex

Since you already did...

What's the story with that book?  Out of print?

I ordered it in January and I'm still waiting.

jbuck said:

ak-73 said:

Nobody mention Creatures Anathema for DH or else. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Alex

Since you already did...

What's the story with that book?  Out of print?

I ordered it in January and I'm still waiting.

Well, it's yet another sourcebook filled with xenos waiting to be purged. A lot of people have expressed the desire for a unified xenos supplement instead of this triple money-making scheme of FFG. (Will they bring out another xenos sourcebook for Black Crusade?)

Anyway I have revised the Dagon Overlord and I have to say... aplauso.gif
Splendid work of design, it's pretty much exactly as I would have designed it, except now I don't have to anymore. If that's the quality of MOTX, I may consider buying it after all, although I was initially inclined to give it a pass as nice-but-not-required. We'll see.

Alex

Well, if there's only minimal overlap between the various antagonist books, I don't see one **** problem with the setup.

But we won't know how much repeated material we'll be getting until we see the book. All things so far considered, I don't think we have to worry about too much.

Tunnelhckrat said:

In case no one else noticed, Mark of the Xenos status has been changed to now shipping. Im pretty sure it was updated yesterday, it could have been today though.

*gives a cheer*

Great news.  I've been looking forward to having more baddies to play with.

Traveller61 said:

"Auger reports contact in ancient territory know as U   K....."

According to Esvidium Games' webpage has it listed available next Tuesday  gran_risa.gif

DW

Confirmed.

List price the same as Creatures Anathema, so expect the same page count.

Esdevium are reliable.

Sooo... anyone got this yet? It's supposed to come out today.

I'm especially interested in if the critters can be used (of course with some scaling) in DH and RT too.

Orc's Nest in central London has it on their website. They usually only do this when they actually have copies. I ordered it today. They're usually pretty good at getting these things out fast, I'd expect to see it by Thursday at the latest. happy.gif

For UK people I really can't recommend Infinity Games highly enough: www.iguk.co.uk

I ordered my ROB from them in the past and it was way quicker than Amazon.  Just ordered MotX today and they have dispatched - amazon had it down to dispatch in July and was only about £2 cheaper.

Can't wait for it to arrive now!

Picked up my copy today from Eclectic Games in Reading. A fair mixture of adversaries covering the Tau Empire (including the Vespid, and a variety of Krootkin), Tyranids, Orks, Chaos (Daemons and Chaos Space Marines), heretics and radicals, with a chapter at the end giving a little bit of advice, some guidelines for running large combats, and an assortment of additional rules and traits to add a bit more variety to Hordes. A decent book, even though I'm not planning on using any of the creatures in there as-is (I prefer to write up my own versions).