Sign in to follow this  
Londoncalling

we must be due for an annoucment soon!!

meggypeggs said:

Timescape was a joke...

Cyborgs and Space marines do not belong in a fantasy themed game...

i think timescape was just a cash cow for gamesworkshop but ff still has lots of contracts with them so who knows

i reckon.... that the entry points for the two new corner regions will be on the long side of the main game board rather than the short one.

the city region will go round the corner where the city space is and will be accessed from the plains space with the signpost on it.

the forest region will go around the village corner and will be accessed from the woods space with the signpost in it.

this would mean that the next two boards will be slightly longer down one edge and shorter on the other edge than the previous two regions. sounds odd, but complete overall symetry will be obtained once all the epansions are down allowing space by each board to put the relevent adventure decks.

now for the theme.

coming from the hills space the city will be more like a magical fortress or city/port like something out of sinbad or clash of the titans . also the river running off the edge of the main board will flow over this board into the sea the last space being the estuary and the guardian a sea serpent

The forrest spreading from the woods space will be, well obviously a magical dark forrest like Mirkwood, and again the rivver will come off the main board and meander through this board flowing into a magical pool at the boards end. the last space being a magical pool and the guardian being a dragon or witch perhap

hey i,ve been left for a year with no official idea of whats comming so i,ve had wayyy too much time to think on these things

yeah well, as long as it's still a games workshop franchise I suspect we'll get them sooner or later whether we like it or not.

Personally I'd buy a new timescape. I don t mind the sci-fi/fantasy mix.  Other things I'd like to see first though.

mrjoebanana said:

Dungeon was announced in February 2009.

Highlands was announced in February 2010.

We are in mars 2011 and there's still no news of a new Talisman expansion. Is there a problem? 

Yeah, I'm honestly getting a bit worried. I would hate to see the Talisman line go dead before all corners are covered, at the very least.

Shadow345 said:

Wasn't Sacred Pool released later in the year than Frostmarch the previous year? If so that would push the Talisman schedule behind.

No, it wasn't :

Sacred Pool release date:  october 2010

Frostmarch release date: october 2009

If I remember correctly, the announcement for the Highland expansion, which was released in May as usual, appeared around the middle of February 2010. At this time, we were already enjoying some sneek peeks at Talismanisland. It looks like things are going slower than usual.

I'm pretty sure that minimum 2 other big box expansions await us and I think that the reason for this delay is that FFG is developing something more "original" and less "re-editing oriented" than the Dungeon and Highland. Perhaps the City Expansion? Or a totally new one? I don't think that Forest will be next.

I don't feel the urge to have a new expansion very soon, I did not play with Sacred Pool too much yet (4 games in total) but I know that avid Talisman fans are more focused on this game than my group. We weekly shift from Talisman to Runebound, Arkham Horror, Doom, Descent and World of Warcraft, so we don't wear out expansions very quickly.

However,I am much more interested in the development of Talisman than any other game. I really want to see what it's going to happen. Let's wait another couple of weeks and see...

The_Warlock said:

Let's wait another couple of weeks and see...

But i want it NOOOW!

Seriously, I hope the developers really ARE taking their time making a whole new expansion - or even better, a well though out, well balanced City expansion. I used to love the City expansion to 2nd edition, but mostly because I always managed to become the High Mage before anyone else (even as the Cyborg at one time...), and thus always won. That expansion was horribly unbalanced, and you could hardly do anything in the city without getting a Warrant, with all the unpleasantness that ensued. It's time for a City that adds to the game in a constructive way.

I love to see a total new expansion. Best if this further expanding the players interaction.

I think the biggest trouble with Timescape how to attach it its more suitable as an extra board not as an attached corner.

City it's OK but actualy in our games you will only go there to power up like mules or advanced characters. So i think there are more interesting expansions.

Forest I never played so the sooner the better :-)

Dear FFG,

Please give us a "we're working on it"  or "we're not working on it."

Thank you.

Dear Jon from Talisman Island,

Please use your influence to get us a little info.

Thank you.

Dear Talisman,

I love you.

Lubricus said:

The_Warlock said:

Let's wait another couple of weeks and see...

But i want it NOOOW!

Seriously, I hope the developers really ARE taking their time making a whole new expansion - or even better, a well though out, well balanced City expansion. I used to love the City expansion to 2nd edition, but mostly because I always managed to become the High Mage before anyone else (even as the Cyborg at one time...), and thus always won. That expansion was horribly unbalanced, and you could hardly do anything in the city without getting a Warrant, with all the unpleasantness that ensued. It's time for a City that adds to the game in a constructive way.

The City was a great 2nd edition expansion, but the rulebook was sort of murky, with nothing properly explained (it was apparently illegal to have no money though, which was sort of funny, oh and to be a cyborg too if I remember correctly). 3rd edition City was a bit lame though, as it consisted of just an L shaped steet with some locations attached. A 4.5 edition City would be nice if it contatined plenty of areas where you could spend your vast gold supply on unique items. You're right though; it needs to be balanced properly.

I'm pretty sure the next expaniosn will be the forest, not the City. Why? Everyone is clamouring for the City. If they release City then forest they prolly won't get so many purchases of the Forest expansion, but if they release them the other way round, they prolly will. Innsmouth was the last of the three cities to be released for AH, not the first.

A city expansion seems logical. I liked the Highland and a Grand Forest would be cool with a Magical Glade or I know, the Magical Glade space expanded, and inside the monsters all have +3 added to their combat, thus making it richer reward but much greater danger. I would make it a place where inflicting many lives of damage is a real possibility and only brave characters enter.

The city would be nice, but here is what I liked to do in 2nd in the city. I first knew it was the place to go buy stuff once you had 6+ gp and had a purchase deck that contained many goodies and cards the deck only had one of, like the 2 handed sword or full plate.

I could buy many types of horses, and I could go to the apothecary, and one of my favorite was the temple as it was easier to get to than the one in the middle region and I liked rolling as it was a good place to do so. I ultimately experienced the High Mage and Sheriff and yes they are cool but do we need Master Characters? No we don't need them so if we don't see them in 4th so be it but no one says you have to use them so I can see them being created.

The least favorite of those master characters was the psychic and herald except for the fact he was massively loaded with money with a small amount of time. I also liked that I could buy a boat to the middle region.

The city to me then was a bunch of functions that I went too to achieve, like go to the temple

Whatever they release next, it ought to be a bit different from the Highlands and Dungeon boards - another board with the same play style would be redundant, IMO. A City board would surely look and feel a lot differently, and probably wouldn't be as linear, while a Forest expansion would need quite a bit of ingenious design to avoid filling the same purpose as one of the extant expansion boards. I see no need for a Forest expansion at all, to be honest, and would much rather have a completely different - and original - expansion in its place.

I hope that it will be the City expansion.

We need it, and we all know it!lengua.gif

I also want to see the Forest expansion, but the City is the most important expansion right now, because of all the gold we get in the game.

We should hear already some news by now. I hope we hear something soon.

Velhart said:

I hope that it will be the City expansion.

We need it, and we all know it!lengua.gif

I also want to see the Forest expansion, but the City is the most important expansion right now, because of all the gold we get in the game.

We should hear already some news by now. I hope we hear something soon.

I agree, please be City and soon!! gran_risa.gif

I must be the odd one out, but i never really liked the City in the 2nd edition, and I diddnt play the 3rd edition enough to recall if there was a city or not, I guess there must have been, but I really dont have any desire to see a city expansion.

yyami said:

I must be the odd one out, but i never really liked the City in the 2nd edition, and I diddnt play the 3rd edition enough to recall if there was a city or not, I guess there must have been, but I really dont have any desire to see a city expansion.

I agree

I have never play the second edition talisman, but i have seen that huge city board from 2th edition.

I don't like it. Why did they made the City so big? Who want to wander so long in that **** City, while you must level yourself uplengua.gif 

The City in third edition was very small, in a L shaped format. You could easily go somewhere that does not take a lot of timecool.gif

I think that the City is the only board that can change a lot of things in the talisman world, by adding more different purchase cards etc

Velhart said:

yyami said:

I agree

I have never play the second edition talisman, but i have seen that huge city board from 2th edition.

I don't like it. Why did they made the City so big? Who want to wander so long in that **** City, while you must level yourself uplengua.gif 

The City in third edition was very small, in a L shaped format. You could easily go somewhere that does not take a lot of timecool.gif

I think that the City is the only board that can change a lot of things in the talisman world, by adding more different purchase cards etc

To be fair, you could level up in the 2nd edition city because it still had spaces where you drew city cards and contained enemies for you to fight. If you became sheriff you could travel to any city space you wanted on your turn, which was too good really. If you became high mage it was even better because you got a vast number of spells (always had at least 2) and if other players cast spells at you then there was a chance that those spells would fail or reflect back at them (there was also a chance that they would have an additional effect and have you lose a life though). Because the sheriff could heal for free by going to the castle, it meant that a sheriff player could stall the end game indefinately if one player was on the crown of command space. It was also possible to go to the timescape board (if you had it) through the enchantress in the city.

The 2nd edition city was basically a broken expansion. It was also probably the board that we spent most of our time on...

vandimar77 said:

To be fair, you could level up in the 2nd edition city because it still had spaces where you drew city cards and contained enemies for you to fight. If you became sheriff you could travel to any city space you wanted on your turn, which was too good really. If you became high mage it was even better because you got a vast number of spells (always had at least 2) and if other players cast spells at you then there was a chance that those spells would fail or reflect back at them (there was also a chance that they would have an additional effect and have you lose a life though). Because the sheriff could heal for free by going to the castle, it meant that a sheriff player could stall the end game indefinately if one player was on the crown of command space. It was also possible to go to the timescape board (if you had it) through the enchantress in the city.

The 2nd edition city was basically a broken expansion. It was also probably the board that we spent most of our time on...

I forgot that a character can still draw enemies in that huge city.

But stil... i don't like that huge board.

Mmm, it seems that the sheriff can take you quick to a distination in the city. That;s very good. That takes less turns to get you somewhere. 

I hope that FFG make something good of it, and that it is worth to go there.

I like to buy a lot of stuff with all the gold i found somewherelengua.gif 

The Leprechaun should be happy!gran_risa.gif

illygraham said:

Dear FFG,

Please give us a "we're working on it"  or "we're not working on it."

Thank you.

Dear Jon from Talisman Island,

Please use your influence to get us a little info.

Thank you.

Dear Talisman,

I love you.

Up...

First news of April today and still not a word about Talisman :(

Now I'm starting to get worried.