Sign in to follow this  
Londoncalling

we must be due for an annoucment soon!!

The fact that it's getting close to February already has me excited. I don't have any board expansions yet, but I've been saving up so I could buy Dungeons and Highlands as well as the new one they will be releasing, all in one go. Still not sure if thats my plan, or just going one at a time, regardless, we have but a few days to decide on our theories until the new expansion is definite. :D

yea i cant wait to find out if its the forest, city or a newer set as the highlands is just a newer idea of the hills so we might get some sort of change to one of the originals

I really don't care what it is, I'm excited for it regardless.

I remake on the city would, however, be fantastic, for the simple reason there currently isn't a place where you can spend a lot of gold. I just hope if they do decide to go with the city that it isn't like a huge street. 

If they implement something new? We can only guess.

Mr. Brogger said:

I wonder if they surprise us all with something totally new never before seen in Talisman. And if it  is cool it is fine with me cool.gif

as long as its not anything even similar to timescape that was a horrible idea

loken14 said:

Mr. Brogger said:

I wonder if they surprise us all with something totally new never before seen in Talisman. And if it  is cool it is fine with me cool.gif

as long as its not anything even similar to timescape that was a horrible idea

I agree on that.

Honestly, I loved the Timescape expansion as an idea.  You have a bunch of characters from different times and genres, with new gear and abilities, mucking about in a fantasy setting.  The board... I don't remember being impressed with it all that much, but it's been 20 odd years or so since I played.  Maybe Timescape as a "mini-expansion" with everything -but- the board (assuming that's what people really hated)?

And it's not as if people couldn't just skip such a hypothetical expansion if they hate it sight unseen.

yea a spirit board in a fantasy setting with rules similar to timescape would be cool but timescape i believe was just too un fantasy and breaks the flow of the game

loken14 said:

yea a spirit board in a fantasy setting with rules similar to timescape would be cool but timescape i believe was just too un fantasy and breaks the flow of the game

I think the Timescape was mostly a method for Games Workshop to crowbar in aspects from some of their other franchises, such as the Space Marine.

I introduced my friends to the delights of Talisman 5 weeks ago and we have been enjoying the game immensely and have been wondering if the other 2 corners will be allocated to perhaps more expansion, rading this thread gives me great excitement that a further expansion might be imminent, do you think an announcement will be made soon?

I think getting a City Expansion at some point is a safe bet.

For the Village corner, I wonder if they may kick it up a notch over doing a Forest Expansion and do an Underworld Expansion instead, perhaps with an expanded Reaper who sends characters to the end of the underworld and you have to fight to get back out.  Could make "dying" in the game interesting.

I also never want to see a Timescape expansion again...  Once was enough.

Come on, peoples, who didn't love going into Timescape, getting the Warp Belt, and busting out with the Time Loop over and over to go through the entire Timescape deck!  Those were the days!

There are some good ideas here! WE should be on the development board XD.  But really, I like the sound of the other plane idea; that would be very clever.  Or if it were the Underworld, it would be nice to be able to do something after you die; teleport there and fight your way out.  Or come back as a Ghost/Skeleton/or Zombie would be really cool! Then have a Alternate Ending where everyone gets turned into Zombies except for one player and they have to survive.

Also, for the City idea; I sure hope they make some better ways to gain money, and better/easier ways to Use said money...