Sign in to follow this  
prettyscary

2 Hoax models hit by grenade?

Hey guys, i was just wondering how this would go down. I was playing tonight with a group of friends, he had his 2 invisible hoax models adjacent to each other and I threw a grenade hitting both of them. Would he make 2 shocks rolls?

Thanks for any help :)

Strictly speaking he could make two shock rolls, but he proably won't need to.

As soon as the first Hoax model  (which ever he chose) recieves a wound it should be replaced by the "visiable" Hoax and the second (and third if present) should be removed.

If the first model does not recieve any wounds then he should make a second shock roll for the second Hoax, otherwise it's not necessary.

Miah999 said:

As soon as the first Hoax model  (which ever he chose) recieves a wound it should be replaced by the "visiable" Hoax and the second (and third if present) should be removed.

Am I to understand that my enemy can control which one of the Hoax models is the "real" Hoax simply by wounding the one HE wants to be the real one?

Well yes and no, when I said "which ever he chose", I was refering to the Hoax player.

But the rules state that if an Invisiable Hoax recieves a wound, that one becomes the visiable Hoax.

Quote: "If one Hoax becomes visible, replace that figure with Hoax and remove any other clear figures..." If both become visible at the same time, the player controlling Hoax chooses which one is Hoax."

Also the easiest way to make Hoax visiable is to set off a smoke grenade, as Hoax becoms visible as soon as she "shares a path with a smoke token".

There are a few other ways to make Hoax visible, but I don't have time to list them all, I'm a little ill today.

Bye.

Miah999 said:

But the rules state that if an Invisiable Hoax recieves a wound, that one becomes the visiable Hoax.

Hmm.  I think I would be inclined ot house rule that to say "if an invisible Hoax receives a wound, the controlling player must reveal the real Hoax."  As in, he can choose to let that be the real Hoax (and take a wound) or simply remove it and reveal the other to be real.

I suppose that gives the controlling player the ability to "dodge wounds" by always choosing the other, but the whole point of the decoy is that the controlling player can fake out the enemy as far as which is real.  For the enemy to effectively say "this one is real" by shooting at it smells funny to me.  Maybe I was trying to get Hoax to an objective on the other side of the map, but the enemy caught my decoy over here and suddenly Hoax is nowhere near where she was going.

Perhaps an even better way would be to mark each invisible Hoax figure on the bottom of the base, with the real one having a unique mark, so that if either Hoax takes a wound, you can look at the bottom of the base to determine, in a non-subjective manner, whether that one was real or fake.

I should probably mention at this point that I don't have Hoax myself.  Is there a rule that the decoys can never be further than X spaces apart?  That would offset my concerns greatly.

Ok, someone needs to explain Hoax's invisibility. I wanted to get Hoax but if the other player gets to chose which Hoax is the real one by attacking it, then that seems kind of pointless. There does not seem like there is much of an advantage with that.

bioboy85 said:

Ok, someone needs to explain Hoax's invisibility. I wanted to get Hoax but if the other player gets to chose which Hoax is the real one by attacking it, then that seems kind of pointless. There does not seem like there is much of an advantage with that.

When invisible, she cannot be targeted by enemy figures. Each one of her clear figures move up to her speed value, but only one of them can perform an action like attacking, searching a crate, etc ... If she shares a path with a smoke token, she becomes visible. Same when an enemy character successfully Bull Rushes her, when she takes a wound, or makes an attack with a pistol, heavy or automatic.

Also, her figure pack does come with 3 bonus tokens, extra crate tokens, and McNeal's winter pack tokens.

bioboy85 said:

How is it determined which invisible model is the real Hoax?

If both of my clear Hoax figures are on opposite sides of a map and you successfully Bull Rush one, then that is the real Hoax. In this example, the opposing player revealed the real Hoax.

If all of the clear Hoax figures are on the same colored path and you throw a smoke grenade, then Hoax's controller gets to decide which model is the real one because they all became visible at the same time.

bioboy85 said:

Can any clear Hoax model carry an action? And can it be a different model the next turn? So its not really a guessing game for the the other player?

As mentioned before, all of the Hoax models can move. However, only of them can be given an action to attack, search crates, do an objective, etc ... For example, I can move both Hoax figures into two different directions and have Hoax # 1 search a crate on turn 1. Then on the next turn, I move both of them and have Hoax # 2 attack.

It really isn't a guessing game.