Sign in to follow this  
deathmarch

When will the new WH:I deluxe expansion be announced?

I was thinking the other  day that maybe it was nearing the time when we'll be receiving an announcement about the next WH:I deluxe expansion. I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking the same and what anyone thinks could be in the next deluxe expansion or what they would like to be in it?

Last time HDS, now Edge, these deluxe expansions seem to have an inner force to come to us players and not get dustcovered in some playtester bunkers. xD

Ha, now that's a good question? In my opinion we will hear about it in June or July 2011 just before GenCon 2011. Like every loyal player I'm really interested what this time we are gonna get. gui%C3%B1o.gif That only James Hata knows!

Yes, I know Wytefang. I saw it just like You. But let's wait to hear it official.

After this little leak I can say only one thing - WOW!!!!!sorpresa.gif If it's realy true then this new deluxe expansion will bring the game to a completly new level of play. gran_risa.gif

Maybe it will be at stores the same time as March of the Damned was then we would have it in september 2011. Maybe there will be avaliable a few copies at GenCon 2011. Who knows.

Let's hope that James and FFG will make it official very soon.

Wytefang said:

You may wish to note that Lukas Liksinger (sp?) is the new head Designer for W:I now, not James.  ;)

Thanks for the news, I did not know that.

I'd like to see one or two (one order one destruction) neutral capitol boards.  Or at least something more than a simple box of cards.  It was kind of a let down that the last deluxe expansion was cards only.  Why waste such a large, oversized box on the equivalent of a few battle packs?  I had no issue with the product, however.  Very cool. :)

meggypeggs said:

I gather from the first posts that some already know what it contains...can anyone shed any light on what we may see rather than a failed link?

ta

I will give You a hint - no capitol boards that for sure. No neutral capitols or allied! But just like in the case of MotD only cards, lots of new cool cards.

Please explain the point in having neutral capitol boards. Aside from order/destruction only, there are no loyalty requirements. Please enlighten me. I have been out of touch for a while. Am I missing something?

I guess the point of adding some kind of neutral capital board for me would be that you could then play a "true" Skaven or Lizardman deck etc.  In my mind they would have no loyalty icon at all and give some kind of bonus to the keyword instead.  Something like "Lizardmen Units have +1 HP" or something.

Vitamin T said:

I guess the point of adding some kind of neutral capital board for me would be that you could then play a "true" Skaven or Lizardman deck etc.  In my mind they would have no loyalty icon at all and give some kind of bonus to the keyword instead.  Something like "Lizardmen Units have +1 HP" or something.

In my opinion this would break the balance of the game. So I just say abandon hope. There will be no neutral capitol board it this or in the next deluxe. Becouse then FFG would have to make an updated version of all capitols.

I would love neutral capitol boards, but don't think ffg will make them. The cannot have loyalty, so it would just be for fun. I like the idea of Vitamin T that they get another type of bonus, alltough it might be too strong/make the game unbalanced. Maybe a positive point for a neutral capitol, but also a downside. (like you cannot play more than 1 development per turn, discard 1 card from you hand in your turn, in your turn you must sacrifice a unit or deal 2 uncancellable damage to your capitol)

Primus_Magicus said:

I would love neutral capitol boards, but don't think ffg will make them. The cannot have loyalty, so it would just be for fun. I like the idea of Vitamin T that they get another type of bonus, alltough it might be too strong/make the game unbalanced. Maybe a positive point for a neutral capitol, but also a downside. (like you cannot play more than 1 development per turn, discard 1 card from you hand in your turn, in your turn you must sacrifice a unit or deal 2 uncancellable damage to your capitol)

Perhaps you would need to control a certain number of cards with the Skaven or Lizardman keywords before the bonus would kick in?  That would help to simulate the cost reduction benefits of having multiple cards with loyalty symbols in normal factions.  But I dunno; my head says the game plays well as is and shouldn't be tampered with too much, but my heart says more pure faction decks would offer greater diversity.

Even if we aren't granted capital boards for the more popular neutral races, it would be cool if a deluxe expansion came with a card you could lay on top of your capital to show that it's been infested with or manipulated by a neutral race.  In the case of Skaven and Lizardmen, that would be very appropriate for their fluff.  Honestly, though, all the neutral races really need to be considered viable on their own are more Tactic and Support cards specific to their race, especially in the case of the Skaven.  They already have access to a plethora of great units.