Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Russian

Online Deathwatch anyone?

62 posts in this topic

Oh (sorry for the double post) It seems we are full up for the time being. But keep up with it, online games are a little finicky sometimes.

Yeah, good overall spread, we've lost some players and then their characters died. But yeah, I am enjoying the story.

By Specialty:
Apothecary: 1
- Brother Uriel (Mash) - Dark Angel
Assault Marine: 2
- Brother Gunnar Fyrbrand (primarchx) - Space Wolf
- Brother Vario (Solodice) - Ultramarine
Devastator Marines: 2
- Brother Titus Verenus (Nairume) -Ultramarine  [player has been gone for a while]
- Brother Navarre (sgtgram) - Hammers of Dorn
Librarian: 3
- Brother Gerald (Gothicfox) - Ultramarine
- Brother Johan Hegg (Jones) - Space Wolf
- Brother Vincian (ak-73) - Blood Angel
Tactical Marine: 4
- Brother Alasdair (Karson Vance) - Storm Wardens [Player in Army, gone for a while]
- Brother Bethor (brianfenris) - Dark Angel
- Brother Raimer (Claw) - Black Templar
- Brother Sejanus (MajorSejanus) - Black Templar
Techmarine: 2
- Brother Menyas (SanderJK) - Dark Angel
- Brother Vercingetorix (DemotedWafflez) - Storm Wardens

This makes 14/16 players.

Actually, I'll have to pass on this one... I've missed a lot of school and have to catch up, so I probably won't have much free time for quite a while.

I'm used to face-to-face rollplaying, but I always crave more DW and I'd love to give this a whirl. I did a brief stint in Forum RPGs a long time ago, and I write decently well, so I'd love to join.

I registered on the forums under the same name as here. I'll probably play an Apo, since there are two KTs and only one of them. No Brother shall shall while I draw breath.

Either that or a Dev, since it seems there is also only one active character in that specialty.

Would you be willing to take someone else?

My preference would be a Space Wolf Rune Priest, but I'd be willing to play something else depending on what you have.

I'm happy with any role, it's simply a concept I hoped to try out.  If you're full on Librarians, are there any classes you need more of?

Just wait 2 or 3 days, the role of my librarian might be free by the rate I am going. RIght now I am under a stone bridge with mutiple enemy tanks on it, I just have beat a hole into the central column, then put in all grenades and ammo I could and to increase the damage to the structure put my left hand on which Iron Arm psy power had been cast onto the hole. So if the explosion doesn't rip me apart, the collpasing bridge will probably finish me.

Still that use of Iron Arm was so cool, I just had to. cool.gif

Alex

ak-73 said:

Just wait 2 or 3 days, the role of my librarian might be free by the rate I am going. RIght now I am under a stone bridge with mutiple enemy tanks on it, I just have beat a hole into the central column, then put in all grenades and ammo I could and to increase the damage to the structure put my left hand on which Iron Arm psy power had been cast onto the hole. So if the explosion doesn't rip me apart, the collpasing bridge will probably finish me.

Alex

That is epic!!! You have Force Dome? Might beable to save yourself with it, but then doing something that epic you shouldn't walk away from it lol.

Well, if you push it you get at least 12 extra armour, depending on your psy rating.  Mind you, that only affects ranged attacks..

But you could maybe do the awesome feat of it expanding outward around you and blasting all the rubble away from you. ^^

Fabian said:

ak-73 said:

Alex

That is epic!!! You have Force Dome? Might beable to save yourself with it, but then doing something that epic you shouldn't walk away from it lol.

Yeah, you know what? I actually used BA's Blood Frenzy to punch that hole. You just have to see it as the embodiment of heresy and then you can punch it as hard you only can. gran_risa.gif

No Force Dome, sorry. But if there is a steel construction underneath the stone, I might try to make the steel go soft 9/11 style with my Avenger. Combined with the 6 tanks on the bridge or so... who knows? Vincian ain't no engineer or Techmarine.

Alex

This is very true. We have 5 players that went missing and I've replaced 3... Burps may make 4... so there is still #5...

your best bet is probably to charge the nearest squad and hide into assault during the opponents turn... oh wait...

Try and go deeper into the enemy territory...

Charge the biggest vehicle, better to be ontop of things when they go down then under them!

Burn a faith point to survive m8te!

crisaron said:

your best bet is probably to charge the nearest squad and hide into assault during the opponents turn... oh wait...

Try and go deeper into the enemy territory...

Charge the biggest vehicle, better to be ontop of things when they go down then under them!

Burn a faith point to survive m8te!

Can't wait. We're to extract a wounded Inquisitor, the Thunderhawk will arrive in two turns and there are at least two hydras on the bridge.

Well, Pushed Avenger is good for at least severely damaging enemy mech from the rear (my BA Lib has a jump pack), I've already popped two Rhinos with one action previously. But sometimes you got to take the course of action that's most epic. Or hilarious.

Or tragic. gran_risa.gif

Alex

I'd hate to see Vincian die in such an ... anti-climatic way? Yeah, I like that word. He's been pretty crazy this mission.