Sign in to follow this  
Rorschach Six

Reckless Dice: WFRP 3ed edition podcast

I've finally managed to download and listen to the two episodes so far - and I have to agree that this is an excellent venture. The discussion is very professional, and I enjoyed them very much. Looking forward to the next instalments :)

First off, great job on the podcast so far. Episode 0 and the introduction episode were great!

A comment on episode 1 (character creation) though. Someone was really breathing heavy into their mic throughout the episode, which made it really difficult for me to tune it out while listening to the podcast. After a few minutes it was just really annoying. You may want to record a five minute dry run prior to starting your episodes, play them back and fine tune the mics of those individuals who appear to be having issues.

Based on my experience utilizing mics for online PC games over the years, I'm thinking the individual could have lowered the sensitivity on their mic in order prevent it from picking up on the heavy breathing thing... or they could mute themselves when not speaking (this 2nd option could be problematic though if they forgot to unmute themselves at a later time during the podcast.)

Other than that, I think your official episode 1 (character creation) was fairly useful to those with questions about character creation. I like that you touched upon the free increase to stats based on career that most people generally miss the first time through the process.

Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks LeBlanc for the feedback.

To clarify the Podcast Episodes will probably be the best produced in terms of sound quality and organization. The Features (like Character Creation we posted this week) and potentially the game Sessions will be more pick up affairs with less chance to get everyone's sound quality excellent and less chance to mix the tracks. We're also not on a set schedule with those but hope to fill in the weeks between Episodes with a Feature or Session.

But every two weeks we'll have a new Episode of the podcast and I promise they'll be as good as Episode 1 or better. 

I concur!

The Features and Sessions do not allow us the same level of control over the recorded audio as our formal episodes do.  We will make all efforts to increase or monitor the quality more effectivly going forward to avoid audio issues similar to Feature 1: Character Creation

We love the feedback, keep it coming.

Also, Episode 2 is coming up, submit your questions to RecklessDice@gmail.com for a chance to have it read on the air. MP3 questions are welcome as well.  Try to keep them under a minute.

Game on!

Gitzman

Finally got around to listening to what you guys got up so far today at work, and just wanted to comment that you guys are doing a great job starting out. You guys really seem well-organized and knowledgeable about your subject matter, you keep the topics moving with little downtime, and everyone seems to have a good chemistry together for interesting discussions that flow and don't seem forced.

As far as the mic issues with your first actual-play, the heavy breathing issue has already been mentioned, but I also wanted to point out that you guys had some echoing in there as well which was a bit of a nuisance. The most likely culprit was someone had their speakers turned up on their computer which was causing the audio to echo into the mic, so for future reference I would just remind everyone to turn their speakers way down (or preferably off and just wear headphones) and keep the mic as far away from them as possible.

Otherwise, good show chaps. I've listened to some long-running podcasts that haven't started nearly as well as you guys. Looking forward to future eps! :)

Good feedback Erdrick.  I noticed the echo while editing the audio at the end.  Unfortunatly it was not audible during the recording.  But like you said, one more thing to remind our participants to do before we begin. 

Poor audio quality is one of the things that really bothers me about many podcasts so the comments and feedback you have provided will certainly be put to good use in future episodes. 

Gitz

Gitz -

Just finished listening to your podcasts.  Extremely helpful.  I missed adding +1 to abilities based on character profession.  I picked that up thanks to you.  Looking forward to a live game session.

BTW - if you ever need a player...

Cheers!

Episode 2 - Misconceptions of WFRP3 is coming in a few days, keep an eye out.

Submit your questions for the Q&A portion of the show to RecklessDice@gmail.com and you may have your question read and discussed!

Regarding live play sessions, we will likely post a thread regarding the upcoming game and may include members from the forums.  More news to follow when we ramp up to run one.

Gitman