Sign in to follow this  
Doc Savage

Big week for the bloggers - and tell me what you want to see.

The Tannhauser bloggers have been busy! Check them out:

Miah in addition to helping me out has cranked out Zombies, Aliens and The Phantom Division. See Here

Rhydderch broke the Asteros news by getting his hands on it last week! Read here

And of course there's me. I finished (for now) the BPRD and Doc Savage. Read here

What do you want to see next?

docsavagepu8-2.png

It certainly has appeal now for the US players but I'm actively working on upgrading the Black sheep Archives.

You can now subscribe to an RSS feed and search through all the ressources hosted there.  However the news are more geared to offer the French players news about the FFG release as some of them don't read English. I plan to create a second feed just for the new file uploads.

Next week I plan to upload "new" Classic Content who're still sleeping on my hard drive and whatever Revised Content i'll be able to get.

While a complete English version will be hard to come by I'll try to at least offer a section/menu translation in in the near future.

Hi Doc, Plageman,

Just an idea.

I play Ikarus Faith with tokens I made my self but there are not very cool. So, if you have time, it would be nice to have cool tokens, character sheet, ... for the V2. Plageman made the description of the equipments here :

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=48&efcid=1&efidt=356196&efpag=0#358091

Thank you

gran_risa.gif 

Doc Savage said:

What do you want to see next?

docsavagepu8-2.png

Dr.Mr.Savage, I would oh so love if you would help me with Reich colored tokens, and maybe a Reich character card. My idea is to throw Kommando from Bloodrayne into the Tannhauser universe!!! Anyone remember him? He's perfect for it, Bloodrayne and Tannhauser are basically the same thing. I'm formulating some stuff for his character right now. Using old rules, he's like Irina and has low combat but lots of bonuses so he rarely misses. He has a smoke'nade-negating facemask, and he has a "defensive" 'nade that auto-fails an enemy attack and basically teleports him (like in the game). Basically, my idea is the Reich's answer to Hoax. Also, he beefs up shocktruppen alittle bit.

I even found a near-perfect mini for it: FFG's Dust Tactic's Axis recon grenadier (without panzershrek or MG42). All I have to do is cut away the German helmet, trim the mouth of the face mask, and change the paint-job. I don't know if it's legal for you to make blank Reich tokens and character card, but the use of my computer is very limited and I want the stuff to look good. I was going to buy a Yula expansion and just paste some homemade cuttout heads and equipment on her stuff, but Yula seems to have disappeared off of the face of the planet.

If you could help me with this project, I would be much obliged. I can send you the few pictures of Kommando I have. There are no pics left on the internet, so I had to take them with a camera off of my TV- so they are very poor quality. Since none of them are a perfect bodyshot, I was going to group them all together and make them look like intel photos, then hastily  circle acouple of the pictures Kommando with a red marker and add some large flavor text with the red marker- as if a Union higherup was writing:

"Only known visual documentation

Who is this guy???"

I figure it'd look pretty sweet, and afterall- the game did say that "Not much is known" about him and describes him as "mysterious"

If you can and want to help me out, let me know what you need from me- like if you need a full inventory list or something. I've never done any "custom" stuff over the internet, so I don't know what we can do without getting in trouble. (blank tokens and card would be great)

Yeah, I feel really stupid. Found the blank tokens and skill bubbles, I'm making a beta version of the character card right now. I took a picture of Eva's and loaded it onto the computer, I'm suprised at how much I can accomplish just in the Paint software. It's not perfect; alittle slanted, the typing isn't exact, and the whole thing is pretty fuzzy- but it's good enough.

I realized though, I can't finish until I complete the character stats and stuff, playtest, and edit.

I still have something I'd like to see:

If not a blank Reich card, the stat column bubble-toppers of the cards and affiliation symbols. Perhaps even the numbers and alphabet of Tannhauser's fonts.

I know it's still asking alot.

Actually,...in disregard to the influx of frickin' vampire crap everywhere you look nowdays,...it really would be cool for a Bloodrayne-type character to be in the Tannhauser Universe!

She could be another Blutsturm character with her blades.  ...Being able to heal through special melee, deal one or two less points of damage on her, able to mind control male characters (makes Tala a little bit better),...the possibilities are endless!

Just sayin'...  :)

Providing separate components to create your own cards can be something interesting. I'll try to patch something out of my own files later today.

BTW Doc are you interested in working together to test & field the revised version of Ikarus Faith ?

Plageman said:

BTW Doc are you interested in working together to test & field the revised version of Ikarus Faith ?

Sorry, but I think no. I have this weird thing about having an actual figure before making customs... Besides the Heroscape Red Skull, is there a good figure for this? I also have too much in the pipeline already.

Sadly there is no out-of-the-box better pre-painted miniature as far as I know. I guess a better proxy could be made but it would require combining/painting a whole new fig, much like what you made for Doc Savage. Due to the limits of the prepainted offrs (and even more now with the canning of the Star Wars and D&D Minis) I usually offer token/paper fig replacement for those who cannot get the proper fig.

Besides Ikarus has a very special history, since the orignal version was made months before ToY created the token itself. The original illustration was one of Agent 47 with crossed guns which would have been easier to proxy.

Well, littlewars sent me the most recent Ikarus files so I will at least re-word for the current rules and get them up at some point. There must be some Star Wars figure or 2 that could be combined... Those a fairly cheap...

docsavagepu8-2.png

I've already reworked Ikarus Faith for the current rules back in last May. I have posted Ikarus Faith, the Revised Edition in this thread. If you want I can create/get some new art for the new Tokens from this edition.

Now for the prox fig I've already looked around and found these minis.

One of the best big I've found (but a super rare) is Hush (Hush #086 Unique DC Heroclix Legacy)

122410.jpg

With a little repaint job we can have a nice looking Ikarus Faith.

I you don't mind combining minis there is still Heroscape Red Skull which may be combined with Star Wars Sith Assassin head and a repaint job.

298265.jpg289671.jpg

Laslty I've found that a combination of these two figs may be great too. The Head fom Heroclix Solo (Solo #045 Web of Spider-Man) and the body of Heroclix Hitman (Hitman #022 Arkham Asylum)

299271.jpg229881.jpg

Except for the super rare Hush all these fig are cheap (less than $1).

I guess that's what happens you copy paste an image link without checking it first gran_risa.gif

Anyway here are the pictures now hosted on my server cool.gif

hush.jpg

Hush

redskull.jpgsith.jpg

RedSkull and the Sith Assassin

hitman.jpgsolo.jpg

Hitman and Solo