Sign in to follow this  
Colon Calculator

Matriarchy Troop pack?

With the equipment cards everyone is labeling Tannhauser as playable.  Yeah, for two factions. Where is the matriarchy troop pack? If you feild Oksana no Zorka, which implies only one pair of voivodes.  Plus those things are not that great.  There certainly isnt any reason to feild more then one pair in my mind.  There needs to be a troop pack with two of the same model. The option should exist to feild two sets of voivodes, two troops or one of each.  When this gets released I will agree that the game is playable.  Until then.... two thirds playable.

Well  since there is no Trooper for the Matriarchy right now I guess you cannot really expect a Matriarchy Troop Pack. In fact there is no way to create a Matriarchy team without fielding Voivoids either with Zor'Ka or Oksana.

I will say this having developed my own Matriarchy Troopers, at least one Matriarchy Trooper would be nice, that's a couple less Voivodes.

Also with Gorgei you could field a team without Zor'ka or Oskana at all. Though Irishka will have some useless items, maybe some bonus tokens could fix that.

BTW way the rules are written that the Voivodes require Zor'ka, not the other way around. So, I guess you could field her without them if you had actual Troopers to replace them.

Please correct me if I'm worng about that, but you better give me a page number. : )

You're right a Matriarchy team could exist without fielding Zor'ka or Oksana. However since we have no non-Voivod Troop right now you can't offer complete squad.

This was something that ToY wanted for the Matriarchy as they expected each Faction to play differently and the Matriarchy was to have a central "master" character with supporting heroes and the VV.

It's all just a big marketing ploy, I really don't think FF cares as much about tannhauser's playability as they do the ridiculously high prices they try to charge for afew ounces of plastic and some cardboard with ink on it.

By releasing Oksana before making a matriarchy troop pack, that ensures that any matriarchy player looking to field Oksana must BUY Asteros, who (I want to point out- even though we all know) doesn't even come with his 30 freakin' dollar map pack!!! (for acouple slabs of cardboard with ink on them, REALLY ffg???) They know people want more matriarchy stuff, and I'm sure they know that very few people are looking to buy some dumb horse-guy walking around WWII with a spear and shield- so why not try to fix a bad business decision with another bad business decision?

I'm glad they're doing as much for the game as they are, but they're obviously more concerned with money than they are their fanbase.

GrandClam said:

It's all just a big marketing ploy, I really don't think FF cares as much about tannhauser's playability as they do the ridiculously high prices they try to charge for afew ounces of plastic and some cardboard with ink on it.

By releasing Oksana before making a matriarchy troop pack, that ensures that any matriarchy player looking to field Oksana must BUY Asteros, who (I want to point out- even though we all know) doesn't even come with his 30 freakin' dollar map pack!!! (for acouple slabs of cardboard with ink on them, REALLY ffg???) They know people want more matriarchy stuff, and I'm sure they know that very few people are looking to buy some dumb horse-guy walking around WWII with a spear and shield- so why not try to fix a bad business decision with another bad business decision?

I'm glad they're doing as much for the game as they are, but they're obviously more concerned with money than they are their fanbase.

well, you do realise this is a buisness about making money.

but anyway, I think the reason why FFG hasn't produced any regular troops for the Maitrarchy is because they wanted to releas all the old TOY products, so that they then could begine doing theire own thing with the franchise... or you could be right and FFG just wants to take our money :P

MeisterH said:

GrandClam said:

well, you do realise this is a buisness about making money.

but anyway, I think the reason why FFG hasn't produced any regular troops for the Maitrarchy is because they wanted to releas all the old TOY products, so that they then could begine doing theire own thing with the franchise... or you could be right and FFG just wants to take our money :P

I guess I didn't mean to be so pissy, but it still irritates me. I mean, afterall, a fanbase is where they make their money. My other FFG game is Runebound, and I don't quite understand how 35 dollars will buy me a map, tokens, cards, rules, and 6+ miniatures for one very similar game- and only buy a map (one already having been created and costing very little to reprint), tokens, and basically a book of "scenerios" for another.

Iconoclasta said:

There are two interesting troop concepts in the old Novgorod rulebook: "Streltsy troops", both with goggles but with different equipment and weapons.

whatWHAT?? Sound great!! Let's hope FFG remembers this..

Clam, everything is expensive, and just getting worse. This hobby isn't cheap and not because the FFG staff bought one of the Hawaiian islands with our money. Just looking at games from other companies they're pretty much in line. Agricola is a large deck of cards, some boards, and some wooden pieces for $70 retail.

It would also not be absolutely necessary  to introduce an entirely new faction with the aim to introduce a new country into the war. England and France would go well with the Union, for example.

Katsuyori said:

It would also not be absolutely necessary  to introduce an entirely new faction with the aim to introduce a new country into the war. England and France would go well with the Union, for example.

If needed they can introduce a new squad affiliation to represent the allied country soldier squad. They could also do it to ntroduce non military groups (like the Golden Globe).