Sign in to follow this  
DW Space Marine

Deathwatch: Rites of Battle when????????????

MILLANDSON said:

If you looked at the release schedule, you'd know already.

MILLANDSON said:

Unless you know something I don't, "Expected by Winter" is a fairly broad range of dates from now until late March.

Mattman375 said:

Well i am Hopping for Feb but have a feeling it will be march have put a game on hold coz people want to wait for this book to come out before anything more happens

DW was supposed to be out in the Fall, too, and that just barely made it.  I'd expect March.

Sorry you had to put your game on hold- I wouldn't.  I'd simply either integrate the new rules into the existing campaing or wait until the campaign has run it's course, then start fresh with the new supplements.  There will always be a new supplement just around the corner. happy.gif

well we have just stopped after there last mission and 2 are talking about making new marines as one wants to look at the chaplin. but only GM in hoils for them so if not here in Feb half trem then will do DH or RT keep them happy till then

MILLANDSON said:

The upcoming page is probably even more precise by nature than the litany of war pdf though.

Which does not mean it's accurate. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Alex

Mattman375 said:

one wants to look at the chaplin.

There's currently no information I've seen that says that there will be a Chaplain speciality in Rites of Battle, at least not in either of the Designer Diaries about the book. I wouldn't put off running a game on the gamble it'll be in there.

MILLANDSON said:

Mattman375 said:

There's currently no information I've seen that says that there will be a Chaplain speciality in Rites of Battle, at least not in either of the Designer Diaries about the book. I wouldn't put off running a game on the gamble it'll be in there.

There is a hint to in the litany of war flavour text on the RoB page. The page also mentions the Imperial Fists and they have been confirmed in the meantime. Chaplain would definitely fit the "advanced specialty" description also. So I would be disappointed and surprised if it wasn't it.

Let's see:
"Chaplain Deros has a talent for reminding Battle-Brothers from many varied Chapters of their duty and their honour. His sermons remind me of the trials and challenges from my time as an Aspirant, the lessons I learned as a Neophyte, the glory and honour of joining my Chapter as a full Battle-Brother. My training, my experience, and my faith in the Primarch have sustained me against all enemies over a century of war. It is well that we are reminded of such, for the challenges ahead of us are dire indeed."

If there are no chaplains in RoB it will be a complete shock to me even given that flavour text (why spend 2/3 of flavour text on something that is not in the book???).

Alex

PS As a side-note the Primarch mentioned I presume will inevitably be Roboute Gulliman, the spirtual liege of almost all Space Marines? partido_risa.gif

Still, postponing a game for what will likely be 3 months just in case Chaplains are covered is still not really worth it, in my opinion. You could fit an entire other campaign in that time, if you meet once a week.

MILLANDSON said:

Still, postponing a game for what will likely be 3 months just in case Chaplains are covered is still not really worth it, in my opinion. You could fit an entire other campaign in that time, if you meet once a week.

There's so many role-playing systems out there... well me, after finishing OE I will wait for RoB likewise, meaning that one or two of my players will GM one of their games in the meantime anyway.

Alex

MILLANDSON said:

Mattman375 said:

Ross confirmed Chaplains bein included in Rites of Battle in an interview with 40k Radio months ago

According to Amazon.com it says it will be released on Amazon on February 8. I ordered The Emperor Protects on Amazon and it was released on Amazon on December 14, which was accurate. I pre-ordered Rites of Battle yesterday, and disturbingly they expect it to arrive in mid-April ( I assume -and hope- this will change.)

The Russian said:

According to Amazon.com it says it will be released on Amazon on February 8. I ordered The Emperor Protects on Amazon and it was released on Amazon on December 14, which was accurate. I pre-ordered Rites of Battle yesterday, and disturbingly they expect it to arrive in mid-April ( I assume -and hope- this will change.)

I pre-ordered it from Amazon, as well. I went to check on the expected delivery date and it said in April. After a bit of panic, I looked again the next day and my account said that it would arrive on Feb 11th...  The inconsistency confuses me, but most sources are still saying either "Winter '11" or February 8th. 

I've already told my players that when RoB comes out, they can switch almost anything about their character that they want, basically rebuilding a character from scratch with all the experience they have and we'll play it as that character was always that way. Of course, they can only do that once.

RPGs are community experiences, and ones where, honestly, continuity only matters so long as people are having fun.