Sign in to follow this  
Klaus Fritsch

FoW meets ToI

I would like to draw your attention to Thoemi's new scenario here:

http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/quests/quest.cgi?command=comment&game=toi&scenario=2011010209125444991&admin_id=0

It uses the Flames of War Firestorm camapign system to create a ToI campaign. The Firestorm system is good, and I think it can be used with the campaign advancement system of Normandy to create an interesting campaign where both sides can have one company that may advance, using the additional Firestorm troops as additional scenario forces.

That's a really good idea. I don't have firestorm but I may get it just for this. I've seen a video review of it. As I understand it, firestorm can be played as a stand alone board game or a campain for minitures battles.

Cyscott1 said:

As I understand it, firestorm can be played as a stand alone board game or a campain for minitures battles.

That is correct. They call that The General's Wargame. It replaces fighting mini battles by modified dice rolling. Works OK, I have played through Firestorm: Bagration, and it worked well (waiting for the Furry Bear to play it again with mini battles). Firestorm: Market Garden ist still waiting to be played.