Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FFG Ross Watson

The Deathwatch Living Errata is now online!

Recommended Posts

 Well, 

They almost explained the Heavy Bolter and Metal Storm Ammo, almost...

For example, Battle-Brother Fellig is firing a Heavy Bolter with
Metal Storm rounds, scoring five hits on a Horde of approaching Orks.
Because each hit dealt at least 1 point of regular damage, Battle-Brother
Fellig has dealt 10+1d5 points of Magnitude Damage (5 hits dealing 1
point of Magnitude damage each, 1 extra Magnitude damage per hit due to
Unrelenting Devastation, and additional 1d5 Magnitude damage because
Metal Storm rounds have a Blast quality), in addition to any other sources
of Magnitude damage (such as Explosive Damage type or Talents) that
Battle-Brother Fellig might have.”

So our next question...its has the explosive special quality, does it score +1 Hit? which makes 2 Magnitude Damage?
So it should have been 12+1d5 magnitude damage...

And they haven't fixed the Assault Cannon and the Chaos Space Marines (Strength/Damage)

The good thing is that all marines can buy Pilot (Personal) from the get go for 100xp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

deinol said:

 Finally they fixed Righteous Fury to sane levels!!! Thank you FFG!

Indeed. My playtest group can now stop harassing Ross about it each and every submission. Poor guy. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kenshin138 said:

deinol said:

 

 Finally they fixed Righteous Fury to sane levels!!! Thank you FFG!

 

 

Indeed. My playtest group can now stop harassing Ross about it each and every submission. Poor guy. :)

 

And you and your playtest group should be awarded imperial laurels for this heroic display of endurance in the face of dire circumstances too. ;-) Will have to wait for RoB for that though.

 

Also:

Damaging a Horde (page 359): The sentence “Weapons
that inflict Explosive Damage (X) gain a bonus against Hordes, and
count as having inflicted one additional Hit” should be changed
to “Weapons that inflict Explosive Damage (X) gain a bonus against
Hordes, and count as having inflicted one additional Hit per Attack
after all other Hits have been applied.”

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad for the errata but it seems that the Unrelenting Devastaion fix has accidently nerfed every other blast weapon to the point of uslessness. Take the Frag missile for example with out UD it would do Blast (8) + 1 Explosvie + 1 Devesating damage or 10 mag hits. But with this 'fix' to UD it would do 1 hit + 1 hit as a blast heavy weapon + 1 explosvie + 1 Devestating + 1d5 mag hits or 4 + 1d5 mag hits (so somewhere between 5 and 9 mag htis).

Which seems to be odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drfaustus83 said:

 

Glad for the errata but it seems that the Unrelenting Devastaion fix has accidently nerfed every other blast weapon to the point of uslessness. Take the Frag missile for example with out UD it would do Blast (8) + 1 Explosvie + 1 Devesating damage or 10 mag hits. But with this 'fix' to UD it would do 1 hit + 1 hit as a blast heavy weapon + 1 explosvie + 1 Devestating + 1d5 mag hits or 4 + 1d5 mag hits (so somewhere between 5 and 9 mag htis).

Which seems to be odd.

 

 

 

Well, you did point an error in the errata, I think. I believe it should read on page 2:

“When a weapon is both an automatic heavy weapon and has the Blast quality, ..."

This would mesh with the HB example. A frag missile I suppose would get the normal +1d5 extra magnitude damage. The Plasma Cannon might be affected though.

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would work pretty well as a fix, I wonder if it would have been better just to say that HB can't get metalstorm ammo. With this fix I'm not sure its worth the Req cost if you have UD since it only adds +1d5 mag hits now over normal ammo. It needed a fix, just not sure this was the needed fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Terror Be Thy Friend PA has become very powerful now. 30% to 40% chance to insta-break a normal enemy horde (Renegade Milita, Rebels, Fire Warriors, etc.) when entering melee. Actually even higher in the case of Fire Warriors as they tend to be played in smaller hordes, magnitude-wise.

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just need to keep on about the same rule in Rogue Trader now, and then hopefully all of them will have the same rule gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm surprised to see no change in the damage for Melta and Plasma weapons though, I would have thought, given the posts on most boards I frequent, they'd have upped them in power.

Great clarifications/changes though, that should help a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting that the clarification for the ammo was "Yes - they have unlimited standard ammo". That surprised me.

And see!!!???!!! I told you the Stranglethorn's profile was a mistake. Some here said it wasn't. Ha! gran_risa.gif

BYE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H.B.M.C. said:

It's interesting that the clarification for the ammo was "Yes - they have unlimited standard ammo". That surprised me.

Other than the caveat that GMs, if they didn't want that, could go with the Rule of 3 (which, for the Tactical Marine, would be 9 magazines, since he needs 3 magazines for a single full load of his bolter). I would find that pretty fair, all in all. If you need more than that, you probably need to use those bolts better, or to ensure you have supply drops prepared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

The weapons in general need to be given a second look. Perhaps it makes sense to first stabilize the combat rules and then work on the weapon stats.

 

I also have one or two annotations to make:

1. As mentioned Unrelenting Devastation errata should probably be about automatic heavy weapons.

2. No clarification yet on whether every fate point restores Cohesion or only dedicated Fate points (I guess the latter).

3. Further Clarification on Tactical Expertise might be due: If I fail the command test, can I spend Cohesion all anew and try again immediately? I think so but to be sure...

4. More psy power might require correcting the action cost to sustain it (might of the ancients?).

5. Also a minor issue, Psychic Technique on page 124 has not been errated away (it was one of the early things I mentioned).

 

None of this is a pressing issue in my mind though; for now I am happy with the errata we have.

 

Alex

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MILLANDSON said:

Other than the caveat that GMs, if they didn't want that, could go with the Rule of 3 (which, for the Tactical Marine, would be 9 magazines, since he needs 3 magazines for a single full load of his bolter). I would find that pretty fair, all in all. If you need more than that, you probably need to use those bolts better, or to ensure you have supply drops prepared.

 

Oh I understand that, I'm just surprised that "Rule of 3" wasn't their first answer rather than the "But if you want..." answer at the end of the clarification.

And is there a reason why they reduced the Requisition amounts for each objective type? Makes getting things like Terminator Armour quite difficult unless your missions has loads and loads of objectives tacked on.

BYE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H.B.M.C. said:

MILLANDSON said:

Other than the caveat that GMs, if they didn't want that, could go with the Rule of 3 (which, for the Tactical Marine, would be 9 magazines, since he needs 3 magazines for a single full load of his bolter). I would find that pretty fair, all in all. If you need more than that, you probably need to use those bolts better, or to ensure you have supply drops prepared.


 

 

Oh I understand that, I'm just surprised that "Rule of 3" wasn't their first answer rather than the "But if you want..." answer at the end of the clarification.

And is there a reason why they reduced the Requisition amounts for each objective type? Makes getting things like Terminator Armour quite difficult unless your missions has loads and loads of objectives tacked on.

BYE

I think their primary goal was to create an epic cinematic experience, and conservation of ammo doesn't always fit with that.  People in my camp that want their players to have limits on standard ammo don't fit the main thrust of the game.  I don't think we're their primary customer.

As for reduced req, I think that was the point.  A lot of us (myself included) felt the req tossed around was a bit too high, enabling marines to get boat loads high end stuff.  I'll have to try the new chart out first to see if it works right, but IMHO things like Terminator Armor should either be very difficult to requisition or be required to be 'special dispensation,' equipment specially chosen by the missino authority for the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charmander said:

H.B.M.C. said:

 

MILLANDSON said:

Other than the caveat that GMs, if they didn't want that, could go with the Rule of 3 (which, for the Tactical Marine, would be 9 magazines, since he needs 3 magazines for a single full load of his bolter). I would find that pretty fair, all in all. If you need more than that, you probably need to use those bolts better, or to ensure you have supply drops prepared.


 

 

Oh I understand that, I'm just surprised that "Rule of 3" wasn't their first answer rather than the "But if you want..." answer at the end of the clarification.

And is there a reason why they reduced the Requisition amounts for each objective type? Makes getting things like Terminator Armour quite difficult unless your missions has loads and loads of objectives tacked on.

BYE

 

 

I think their primary goal was to create an epic cinematic experience, and conservation of ammo doesn't always fit with that.  People in my camp that want their players to have limits on standard ammo don't fit the main thrust of the game.  I don't think we're their primary customer.

As for reduced req, I think that was the point.  A lot of us (myself included) felt the req tossed around was a bit too high, enabling marines to get boat loads high end stuff.  I'll have to try the new chart out first to see if it works right, but IMHO things like Terminator Armor should either be very difficult to requisition or be required to be 'special dispensation,' equipment specially chosen by the missino authority for the job.

 

That doesn't explain why they didn't leave the veteran objective bonus high. After all the difficulty assessments are the tweaking tools of the GM here. That would have allowed for missions with Terminator Armour without loads of primary objectives of non-standard assignments by the Captain.

 

Or Elite Objectives at +15 perhaps?

 

You need at least one high req dispenser based on objective difficulty. My 2 cents.

 

Alex

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Requisition was something I personally thought was far too high. The main issue really is that it doesn't scale very well. The original values were too high for lower ranks, yet the newer ones might be a bit low for upper ranks. I like the change personally, since most of the game will be played at ranks 1-5ish I'd wager.

If you, as a GM, find that your players at higher ranks can't get some of the toys they need, then I'd say add a "Rank bonus" or 20 or something as needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 Thrones (Yay for the errata being here!) on the Requisition, don't forget they gave the GM the easiest way to handle not being able to get the appropriate toys, there's the sidebar that blatantly says "or the GM can just give out certain pieces".  This means, if your kill-team is going crawling on a Space Hulk, you, as the GM, don't even need to make them waste req-points on Terminator armor, and that req can be spent on other, more ecclectic (and possibly neccessary) items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drfaustus83 said:

That would work pretty well as a fix, I wonder if it would have been better just to say that HB can't get metalstorm ammo. With this fix I'm not sure its worth the Req cost if you have UD since it only adds +1d5 mag hits now over normal ammo. It needed a fix, just not sure this was the needed fix

But that was always the case. The truth was that the Unrelenting Devastation ability didn't need any actual errata (especially as they have now nerfed Missile Launchers massivly presumably as an accidental side effect), as the special ability relating to blast weapons overrid the "extra damage" per hit ability, meaning that Metal Storm ammo always only did 1d5 extra damage to a horde (if you were using UD).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has someone understood the new wording for the force weapons? I simply dont get it.

 

Why should someone "push" the ability to channel engery with the weapon and have the risk of a warp phenomenon when it does no make a diffence?

The extra Dmg for the Forceweapon is not linked to the PR of a Character, its just a matter of DoS. So where is the point?

Can someone explain me that, pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vendettar said:

Has someone understood the new wording for the force weapons? I simply dont get it.

 

Why should someone "push" the ability to channel engery with the weapon and have the risk of a warp phenomenon when it does no make a diffence?

The extra Dmg for the Forceweapon is not linked to the PR of a Character, its just a matter of DoS. So where is the point?

Can someone explain me that, pls

A starting Librarian will have PR 3. That means he gets +10 fetttered, +15 unfettered, +30 push. The difference in bonus gives you a higher chance of success and an additional DoS or two. Yeah, I wouldn't do it either and go for Fettered unless I was facing a Daemon Prince.

 

Alex

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...