Sign in to follow this  
keltheos

Compiling list of errors/inconsistencies in new guides/vaults

pumpkin said:

valvorik said:

I don't know if this counts, it's not an inconsistency guide/vault but I noticed that both make changes to abilities in Liber Mutatis.

- Daemonic Strike in Creature Guide/Vault Card has a Recharge 4 not 0 as in the Liber Mutatis - it appears to be the daemon's basic attack so 0 seems more logical - it's just marginally better than basic Melee attack and at 0 thus reflects that the daemon's standard attack is "just a bit more dangerous".

- Similarly, Fatebreaker has Recharge 4 not 0.

If the cards/vault is wrong (which it probably is) then that's really annoying.

I should say that would be annoying if the cards/vaults is wrong.  The whole point of the Creature set was to have the correct information for various enemies right in front of you so you wouldn't have to flip through 10 different books to find it.

Hearing about all these little errors in the new guides and vaults is really dissappointing.  Goodness knows I'm a huge FFG fan with all their junk I've bought, but man oh man does their editing seem sloppy.  It seems like it is this way in every single freakin' product they make, I don't understand why they don't take steps to correct the problem.  Oh well, I suppose that in a project this size slip-ups are bound to leak through, it is just dissappointing that there are so many of them.

I don't criticize FFG for making mistakes (there are no perfect editors), I'm just hoping they keep track of them and address them in the Errata/FAQ.

I assume this thread is an attempt to help FFG, not an attempt to jump up and down on them. 

errata should be already done. we are pointing mistakes and asking questions but there is nothing new from FFG site.

no answers no nothing. If they really care about their customers (yep, besides fans we are also customers, we are paying for the product, and paying loads of money) they should make and update erratas on weekly basis.

so far - nothing.

I just got my CG/CV yesterday and was double checking this thread before posting. Seems most of what I've seen has already been mentioned, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet:

CV: Sigmar's Healing Hand, red side says: "The Requirements of this particular action go here, on this thin strip of graphic."

That's obviously template text that should have been replaced, but wasn't.

Just to be more complete, from PG ...

Spear - DR5    CR3    Group:Spear    Qualitites:Fast, Unreliable 2    Cost: 20s    Enc:4    Rarity:Plentiful

Spear - Can be used with shield. Wielded two-handed, increase damage by 1. May be effectively thrown up to Short range.

Any chance we could get an edit on the first post of this thread to compile these inconsistencies.  Started to read this thread but there was a lot of bickering as to what was and was not an error.  I agree with the original poster and would like as complete a list as possible (for example I can go to my book and mark the correct page to reference and cross out the error to save time in game if I need to look that up).  This would also help ffg when they release errata as they can compare their catches to the ones here more easily to see if we caught stuff they didn't.

skolo said:

errata should be already done. we are pointing mistakes and asking questions but there is nothing new from FFG site.

no answers no nothing. If they really care about their customers (yep, besides fans we are also customers, we are paying for the product, and paying loads of money) they should make and update erratas on weekly basis.

so far - nothing.

You do realise that it takes time and effort to do that, right? I believe they are rather focused on their upcoming releases. I'm sure someone will compile an errata when they have a free moment.

mac40k said:

I just got my CG/CV yesterday and was double checking this thread before posting. Seems most of what I've seen has already been mentioned, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet:

CV: Sigmar's Healing Hand, red side says: "The Requirements of this particular action go here, on this thin strip of graphic."

That's obviously template text that should have been replaced, but wasn't.

Thank you for posting this!

Yeah, I coudn't beleave as I read it and I coudn't beleave that nobody posted this. I was to "tired" to post cause of all those "bugs" I have to read, when my Creatures Guide + Vault arrived. Ok, I can cope with those errors I made my own errata but I payed for Creatures Guide and Vault about 51 € and damned, I want a product without errors! enfadado.gif

A second thing is (it's not directly an error) there so much, how should I say, thoughtless actions. For example there's a action only for dark Elves for throwing a net. Why can only Dark Elves throw a net??? I made a list for our group which actions the PCs (and NPCs) are allowed to use from those. And I'm re-working those cards with my Grafik-Program to clean up the requirements.

Another point is the quantity of the creatures. I find the book a little thin. I'm doing Creature Guide 2 for our group with more creatures I expected to be in the guide (like hydra, bears, hounds, birds of prey etc.) with consistent action cards

macd21 said:

skolo said:

so far - nothing.

You do realise that it takes time and effort to do that, right? I believe they are rather focused on their upcoming releases. I'm sure someone will compile an errata when they have a free moment.

I payed a lot of money for the products. I want them clear and clean. I do realize that it takes time, but jut look at our forum. Already most of the job is done. Why not doing living errata on the forum, made by FFG staff ?

skolo said:

I payed a lot of money for the products. I want them clear and clean. I do realize that it takes time, but jut look at our forum. Already most of the job is done. Why not doing living errata on the forum, made by FFG staff ?

Because it takes time and effort. They've just finished getting one product out the door. They may be hard at work on the next, or they may now have time to work on an errata. If it's the former, then the errata will just have to wait.

I'm bumping this one for final reference with this addition:

Monsters and actions in Journey to Blackfire pass not referenced.

Edited by Emirikol